Even when my Series S is in Shutdown mode, games and apps will not install.

Discus and support Even when my Series S is in Shutdown mode, games and apps will not install. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Even when my Series S is in Shutdown mode, games and apps will not install. The Sleep mode doesn't either. I have not tinkeredaround with power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NicoleGustafson, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Even when my Series S is in Shutdown mode, games and apps will not install.

Even when my Series S is in Shutdown mode, games and apps will not install. The Sleep mode doesn't either. I have not tinkeredaround with power settings.

I have an app that has been installing for days now. Everytime I log onto my Xbox, ot will continue its installation, but when I put it into Shutdown mode (the settings support automatic uploads) the upload seemingly stops. This has happened with 2 games; Halo and War Thunder. I am having to babysit my Xbox.

:)

NicoleGustafson, Jun 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

Are you trying to update or install a game into your internal storage or external storage?

Both options support automatic updates of console, games, and apps. I suggest that you also try to customize your power options:
    Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options > Customise power options.

Don't manually turn off your console but let it set or standby on itself when you're not using.
  3. NicoleGustafson Win User

Thanks! I tried that and even left it on one night (about 6 hours). It went into standby mode at some point during that time. It was at 43% when I left it and I woke up to 48%. I finally just sat and babysat it last night, do now it's installed and updated. I'll try adjusting the settings!
  4. Christopher Fern Win User

Goat Simulator 3 - Achievements are listed as "not supported" even though I earn them, game is replaced with "Home" on profile, and official club is broken

I’m having the same issue, bought it yesterday evening (Nov. 16th) for my kids on their account for their Xbox Series S, achievements pop up on screen but I get the same “achievements not supported error” when trying to view, and can’t even view the game on my Xbox Phone companion app.

I tried installing it fresh on my Xbox Series X, same issue. I tried uninstalling and re-installing on their Series S, same issue.
  5. matthewiag Win User

Evolve

Hello

You should be able to install it from My Games and App Ready to install list

Also Evolved Server are Shutdown and the Multiplayer can't be accessed there is a limited Single Player Mode though.
  6. GoninChelsea Win User

Why won't the Game Pass app (iPhone) recognise that my XsX has an SSD installed?

Good afternoon.

I have a 1TB SSD installed in the back of my Series X, the official one. The setup was seamless as it was when I added one to my wife's Series S a while back.

The issue is that the Game Pass app for iOS doesn't recognise that my series X has the extra storage. So when I am trying to install games via the app I am being asked to make space, when I have tons left.

No such issues with the series S, the extra space is recognised.
Thema:

1. Even when my Series S is in Shutdown mode, games and apps will not install. - Similar Threads - Series Shutdown mode

2. Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps disconnecting from the internet: I keep playing online games like Overwatch or siege and my Xbox disconnects from the internet and then reconnects. I’ve tried everything, I’ve turned off my wifi and turned it back on, I’ve...
  3. Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cross play Turned on, but games keep cross play disabled on Xbox Series X: I recently played COD MW3 and ran into an issue where I turned my cross play off for Multiplayer via Xbox settings but when I re enabled cross play for Zombies, every time COD would start I would...
  4. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  5. Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox logo appear In xbox series x after it was in shutdown mode: Today I left the Xbox series x in shutdown mode to download forza horizon 5 and I left it for about 6 hours and when I came back I noticed that the Xbox fan was off and when I turned on Xbox...
  6. Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x fan stops spinning when Xbox series x is put to sleep or shutdown mode: My Xbox series x when I put it in sleep mode or shutdown mode the fan spins for a while and then stops is this normal 081e39ab-0e46-43e1-b854-f1b5840cf204
  7. Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X fan on while Xbox series x is in shutdown mode and it updates or loads a game??: I have an Xbox Series X and I noticed when I put it in Shutdown Mode to load games in the background or updates, the fan spins, but slower, then after the download or updates finishes, the fan...
  8. How do I completely shutdown Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I completely shutdown Xbox series s?: Hii, I have activated dev mode in Xbox series s and have energy saving mode enabled. When I use shutdown option from Power settings, which I think completely shuts down the console, I still get...
  9. Unexpected System Shutdown on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Unexpected System Shutdown on Series X: Xbox Series X was on for approximately 30 minutes before unexpectedly shutting down in the middle of a game. It was not a system shutdown so much as a complete loss of power. System was able to be...
  10. Xbox series s randomically makes the shutdown sound even when it's off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s randomically makes the shutdown sound even when it's off: My xbox series s randomically makes the shutdown noises after the console itself is shutdown, in the past 3 hours it did that for about 6 times but now it seems to have stopped. Does someone know...