Europe PSU and American Xbox 360

Discus and support Europe PSU and American Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this question, but I wanted to inquire about using an American Xbox 360 in Europe... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarthCyfe6, Jan 1, 2014.

1. DarthCyfe6
    DarthCyfe6 Guest

Hello,

My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this question, but I wanted to inquire about using an American Xbox 360 in Europe (specifically Germany), by switching to a European PSU. I want to make sure if I attempt to purchase a European Version, it
    will not fry my console. I read a couple of other FAQ and could not find what I was looking to comfortably answer this question. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me an in-depth response about how this all functions, so that I am better versed
    with the electronical aspects of the console.

Thank you,

:)

DarthCyfe6, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    American 360 in Europe

You can play games from the U.S. region or region free,not just games from the PAL region.

If you buy games from Europe you will need a PAL console to play them.

Daft Badger, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Zeatheus
    Zeatheus Guest
    American 360 in Europe

So basically I have a paperweight?

Zeatheus, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

As long as you have the correct psu for the country you are in,Germany in your case,then the 360 will work fine.

Just remember that it's a different region console so wont play PAL games bought in Germany.

Daft Badger, Jan 1, 2014
  5. BrettHawk
    BrettHawk Guest
    just make sure the PSU has the propper supply unit on the new cord if not the cord will not be able to correct the voltage used in your region. So it should be fine just try not to use a third party unit and get one from xbox.com/store or go to the support.xbox.com
    website for more info on the matter.

BrettHawk, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Eddie Lynn
    Eddie Lynn Guest
    Eddie Lynn, Oct 31, 2018
  7. BrettHawk Win User

just make sure the PSU has the propper supply unit on the new cord if not the cord will not be able to correct the voltage used in your region. So it should be fine just try not to use a third party unit and get one from xbox.com/store or go to the support.xbox.com
    website for more info on the matter.
  8. Eddie Lynn Win User

9. Daft Badger Win User

As long as you have the correct psu for the country you are in,Germany in your case,then the 360 will work fine.

Just remember that it's a different region console so wont play PAL games bought in Germany.
  10. Daft Badger Win User

American 360 in Europe

You can play games from the U.S. region or region free,not just games from the PAL region.

If you buy games from Europe you will need a PAL console to play them.
  11. Zeatheus Win User

American 360 in Europe

So basically I have a paperweight?
Thema:

1. Europe PSU and American Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Europe PSU American

2. Xbox series s Japan to Europe/Indonesia

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s Japan to Europe/Indonesia: hello, I'm from Indonesia.. I want to buy Xbox series s Europa (2 round plugs) because this EU version has the same plugs as in my country, but it's out of stock.. and there's only the Japanese...
  3. Xbox Insiders in Europe Can Now Play the Mordhau Demo!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insiders in Europe Can Now Play the Mordhau Demo!: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  4. Fallout 76 unavailable on pc gamepass europe?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 76 unavailable on pc gamepass europe?: Hi, can anyone confirm that Fallout 76 is unavailable on pc gamepass europe, and/or suggest how I can get it? Thanks! B 6001d221-a183-4818-945c-049d3a13c328
  5. Return of castle wolfenstein not available in Germany or europe?

in XboX Insiders
    Return of castle wolfenstein not available in Germany or europe?: I can't download RTCW in Germany. It didn't work in Austria either. Could it even be loaded in Europe? I installed the Insider HUB and use the same account as in the Microsoft Store. Can someone...
  6. Will an Xbox series s from US work in Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will an Xbox series s from US work in Europe?: I'm considering to purchase an Xbox series s from the US and get it shipped over to my country In Europe, we use 220w here. In us they use 110w. I already have a US plug to European plug but I was...
  7. Xbox controller out of stock all over Europe, even at official Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller out of stock all over Europe, even at official Xbox website: What is going on?! Official Xbox controllers are GONE, can't buy anywhere. UK, Holland, Germany, Belgium, official xbox stores have listed them as sold out for months meanwhile ps4 and ps5...
  8. Xbox one controller out of stock all over Europe, even at official Xbox website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller out of stock all over Europe, even at official Xbox website: What is going on?! Xbox one controllers are GONE, can't buy anywhere. UK, Holland, Germany, Belgium, official xbox stores have listed them as sold out for months meanwhile ps4 controllers are...
  9. Xbox support in Eastern Europe

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox support in Eastern Europe: Hello! I'm wondering if there are any plans for Xbox to be officially supported in Eastern European countries. It feels like they don't really care much about us. The main problem is that, in...
  10. Xbox purchased in US works in Europe??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox purchased in US works in Europe??: Hey everyone, I bought my Xbox One S All-Digital in the US and I will be moving to Europe in a few weeks. I'm debating on taking my Xbox with me or selling it. Does a US Xbox work in Europe?...