Europe PSU and American Xbox 360

Discus and support Europe PSU and American Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this question, but I wanted to inquire about using an American Xbox 360 in Europe... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DarthCyfe6, Jan 1, 2014.

1. DarthCyfe6
    DarthCyfe6 Guest

Hello,

My apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this question, but I wanted to inquire about using an American Xbox 360 in Europe (specifically Germany), by switching to a European PSU. I want to make sure if I attempt to purchase a European Version, it
    will not fry my console. I read a couple of other FAQ and could not find what I was looking to comfortably answer this question. It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me an in-depth response about how this all functions, so that I am better versed
    with the electronical aspects of the console.

Thank you,

:)

DarthCyfe6, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    American 360 in Europe

You can play games from the U.S. region or region free,not just games from the PAL region.

If you buy games from Europe you will need a PAL console to play them.

Daft Badger, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Zeatheus
    Zeatheus Guest
    American 360 in Europe

So basically I have a paperweight?

Zeatheus, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

As long as you have the correct psu for the country you are in,Germany in your case,then the 360 will work fine.

Just remember that it's a different region console so wont play PAL games bought in Germany.

Daft Badger, Jan 1, 2014
  5. BrettHawk
    BrettHawk Guest
    just make sure the PSU has the propper supply unit on the new cord if not the cord will not be able to correct the voltage used in your region. So it should be fine just try not to use a third party unit and get one from xbox.com/store or go to the support.xbox.com
    website for more info on the matter.

BrettHawk, Jan 1, 2014
  6. Eddie Lynn
    Eddie Lynn Guest
    Eddie Lynn, Oct 31, 2018
  7. BrettHawk Win User

just make sure the PSU has the propper supply unit on the new cord if not the cord will not be able to correct the voltage used in your region. So it should be fine just try not to use a third party unit and get one from xbox.com/store or go to the support.xbox.com
    website for more info on the matter.
  8. Eddie Lynn Win User

9. Daft Badger Win User

As long as you have the correct psu for the country you are in,Germany in your case,then the 360 will work fine.

Just remember that it's a different region console so wont play PAL games bought in Germany.
  10. Daft Badger Win User

American 360 in Europe

You can play games from the U.S. region or region free,not just games from the PAL region.

If you buy games from Europe you will need a PAL console to play them.
  11. Zeatheus Win User

American 360 in Europe

So basically I have a paperweight?
Thema:

1. Europe PSU and American Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Europe PSU American

2. Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seires s making a loud buzzing noise from both fan and psu: hello im yasi, i have my xbox series s since 2022 july and its been so so silent and good for me but lately its been making a very very loud buzzing noise from both the left and right side of the...
  3. The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Original Borderlands - can JP play online with US and Europe?: Hi, I’ve been trying to find answers to this but not found anything definitive. Many years ago I completed the first Borderlands game on the 360. I then used a friend to help shift some gear...
  4. I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a PSU for a xbox 360. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated....: Xbox 360 2006 model takes a different kind of PSU than all those after 2006. Mine has a square peg in the middle that must be accommodated. Where can I find a PSU for it? MFG data 2006 - 10 - 18....
  5. can i use psu from my xbox one s and transfer it to my xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can i use psu from my xbox one s and transfer it to my xbox series s?: x boxseries s not powering on tried the simple fixes. can i use xbox one s PSU? 3868f781-72b8-49fb-92fb-42b7ac6823ff
  6. if im in europe and buy a xbox from the xbox website dose it come whit the american style...

in XBoX on Windows
    if im in europe and buy a xbox from the xbox website dose it come whit the american style...: i want to buy a xbox series x from the xbox official website, i live in europe if i buy it from there will it come whit the american style power wire? c7a40731-9a79-4a14-832b-236af8c517ea
  7. Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it normal for the xsx psu to make a buzz?: Just got my console and it makes a faint buzz in psu area like near the power and HDMI 01630a15-f3ce-4874-9273-d0aa4491ba3b
  8. Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox in Canada, currently in India need help deciding between PSU that supports...: Hi guys, I bought my Xbox One (OLD GEN) in Canada but I'm currently in India and I'm looking to use my console. Obviously the voltage is different in India is 220-240v. I need help deciding...
  9. Colorful screen crash. Drivers updated and everything. New psu and motherboard

in XBoX on Windows
    Colorful screen crash. Drivers updated and everything. New psu and motherboard: Pc crashes and restarts when this happens. [img] f882ad59-5469-4243-ae59-29c73ac6d5f7
  10. Information about Xbox One PSU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Information about Xbox One PSU: Hello. I recently was having an issue with the original power supply unit that came with my Xbox One console. I know the are no longer being sold by Microsoft, so I went online to purchase an...