Ethical biases in name censorship

Discus and support Ethical biases in name censorship in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Expressing yourself in the gaming community through a witty name or a aliase has been l common practice for decades. Microsoft set clear guides on the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SpamCan, Sep 25, 2019.

1. SpamCan
    SpamCan Guest

Expressing yourself in the gaming community through a witty name or a aliase has been l common practice for decades. Microsoft set clear guides on the selection of gamertag names and display names......

Was going to write something but got bored.

[Mod Removed - see Guidelines] YOU MICROSOFT FOR BANNING MY GAMER NAME.

Then place financial penalties for changing this stupid generated one.

5 unethical thumbs down.

Regards, [Mod Removed - see Guidelines] 07/01/06 - 20/09/19

:)

SpamCan, Sep 25, 2019
  2. IRB Win User

Hi

The rules, as outlined by M3tal Daz3, have always been in place since the creation of Xbox live. It does evolve over time as new words phrases arrive in the scene.

At creation, your name may have broken the rules but not been flagged up for investigation. Once it has been it will be looked at.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox Live is designed to be fun and safe for everyone; when people choose harmful or offensive content for their identity it disrupts the Xbox Live experience for other gamers.

Inappropriate Gamertag and Real Name content includes, but is not limited to:

• Profane words or phrases
    • Topics or content of a sexual nature
    • Hate speech
    • Controversial religious topics
    • Notorious people or organizations
    • Sensitive current or historical events
    • Any "sound-alike" or "lookalike" words, phrases, or puns that reference these topics

If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag.
  4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Imagine a community without certain rules. It would be mess. So sorry but just use the allowed name. It is not so hard. Express your self through community. Join us as ambassador, stream, give advices, suport fair play.
  5. Khronokai Win User

Spread the word, this is unacceptable.

Could someone post the picture, just censor the name?

personally its whatever. I'm not big on censorship.
  6. Kazmahu Win User

Cannot get stereo sound through a third-party headset

Begging pardon for the horrible spelling errors, it's just gone midnight here. And that censorship at the end was an accident - I was naming a well-known but unfortunately-named chain of Australian electronics retailers.
Thema:

1. Ethical biases in name censorship - Similar Threads - Ethical biases name

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was banned for naming a game mode in eafc 24, how is this allowed?: So i was having a tit for tat with a guy over fifa saying he wouldnt beat me in a normal game mode but told him he only beat me in a game of ‘mystery ball’ in eafc 24, unfortunately that message...
  4. Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is my Roblox name and password on Xbox: What is my Roblox username and password notify me d53b9ea7-6461-464b-b102-2affcf852834
  5. Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are some accounts with super offensive names not getting removed?: Im playing Grand Theft Auto and some guy joins the group chat party with a swastika as his gamertag. He said he’s been reported tons of times and nothing has happened to him. Is there tags...
  6. Xbox Enforcement is very bias

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Enforcement is very bias: Late last night i was playing online and was doing really good, was just having some really good luck. was beating people left and right, then all of a sudden one person tell me to [mod removed]...
  7. gender bias...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    gender bias...: I was very excited to see that we were given a new skin oppertunity by watching the new trailer for the pirates of the carribean. you get to be a pirate thats awesome! So i went through all the...
  8. Discrimination & bias opinions runs rampid inside Enforcement team

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Discrimination & bias opinions runs rampid inside Enforcement team: So its amazing ive just been unbanned and in one day im banned again..This is utter bull...im sick n tired of getting banned every weeks from what til now and forever..Im now looking into the...
  9. Unfair and bias punishment

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unfair and bias punishment: I just wanted to write in and say thank you for having a terrible system for behavior. Just because someone stands up to themselves for someone ruining their gaming experience PURPOSELY(my team...
  10. Our Gamertag Was Changed Due To Bias?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Our Gamertag Was Changed Due To Bias?: Let me start by saying my son and I are avid gamers, we both play together on the same account. We've been playing on Xbox for 7 going 8 years. We do play multiplayer games, but never use a mic or...