Ethernet won’t work with Xbox app on pc?

Discus and support Ethernet won’t work with Xbox app on pc? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I recently got a PC and connected it to Ethernet. When I try to talk with my friends from Xbox using the app and game bar, I can’t unmute myself. Then... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by T Caler, Nov 14, 2023.

1. T Caler
    T Caler Guest

I recently got a PC and connected it to Ethernet. When I try to talk with my friends from Xbox using the app and game bar, I can’t unmute myself. Then I tried connecting to regular WiFi not Ethernet, and it works fine, however my WiFi is worse. Why does this happen and how can I use Ethernet and be able to talk with my friends?

:)

T Caler, Nov 14, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello T C, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

The issue you're experiencing with the Xbox app and game bar while using Ethernet may be due to network settings or configurations. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the problem:

1. Ensure that your Ethernet connection is properly configured on your PC. Go to the Network and Sharing Center in your PC's Control Panel and verify that the Ethernet connection is set to 'Home' or 'Private' network type. This setting allows devices on the network to communicate with each other more freely.

2. Outdated or incompatible network drivers can cause issues with communication. Make sure your Ethernet adapter drivers are up to date. You can do this by visiting the manufacturer's website or using a driver update software.

3. Sometimes, firewalls or antivirus programs can interfere with network connections and cause issues with applications. Temporarily disable your firewall or antivirus software and check if the problem persists. If it resolves the issue, you can adjust the settings of your security software to allow the Xbox app and game bar to communicate properly.

4. Open the Xbox app on your PC and go to Settings. Under Network Settings, check if the app is set to use the Ethernet connection. You can also try toggling the "Use Teredo" option in the Xbox app settings, as Teredo is a network protocol used for online gaming and voice chat.

If the issue persists, it's possible that your ISP or network administrator has implemented certain restrictions or configurations that affect the Xbox app's functionality over Ethernet. Contact them for assistance and provide details about the specific problem you're experiencing.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. let24365 Win User

How Can I Hook My Xbox One Up To My Laptop And Play On My Laptoo

You can stream games from the Xbox One to PC using the Xbox app on your PC. It can be a wired Ethernet connection or a wireless connection. Xbox app connects your PC with your Xbox One.
  4. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Xbox app wont load for PC?

Clear the Microsoft Store cache

Press Windows + R to launch Run, type wsreset.exe, and hit Enter.

Once the reset process is finished, restart your PC and then check if the Windows Store App works as it should.

The Xbox App depends on the Microsoft Store App to run properly. So, if there is something wrong with the Store app, many apps won’t launch or won’t download anything.

In this case, resetting the Store cache can fix the problem, so make sure you do that by following the steps above.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Can't install xbox app.

Hi there welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Try these steps!

Press Windows Key + R to launch Run.

Enter wsreset.exe and hit Enter.

Once the reset process finished, restart your PC and then check if the Windows Store App works as it should.

The Xbox App depends on the Microsoft Store App to run properly. So, if there is something wrong with the Store app, many apps won’t launch or won’t download anything.
  6. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Am I able to download Gears 5 if I bought it on xbox?

Its a Play Anywhere title so yes you can play it on your PC in the Xbox app. It won’t play on Steam
Thema:

1. Ethernet won’t work with Xbox app on pc? - Similar Threads - Ethernet won’t app

2. Internet / Ethernet issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet / Ethernet issue: My xbox wasn't letting me connect to my school's wifi for a while because of the authentication verification. I finally got it to work through alternate MAC address but then every time I would try...
  3. Xbox series S ethernet port broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S ethernet port broken: During a thunderstorm a few months ago, my router connected to Xbox series S received a shock that caused it to be knocked out. Upon restarting the router and turning on my Xbox, it seemed as if...
  4. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  5. Bug wifi -ethernet conexion lost 100% packets

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug wifi -ethernet conexion lost 100% packets: Bug wifi -ethernet conexion lost 100% packets, when i see velocity xbox series X red. Its a error done this week, when xbox live was down.Mi conexion with other consoles and TV is perfect, and...
  6. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  7. Ethernet not working after wake from sleep

in XboX Insiders
    Ethernet not working after wake from sleep: In the last week anytime I wake from sleep my Series X it isn’t connected to network via Ethernet. Every time if I reboot console it works again immediately. I have rebooted router that it is...
  8. Xbox 360 Ethernet won’t connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Ethernet won’t connect to internet: My Xbox 360 wont connect to internet via Ethernet cable. When I test connection it says Network: connected Internet: failed Everything else says blocked I’m not sure what to do I’ve been...
  9. Xbox won’t connect with wired Ethernet cable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect with wired Ethernet cable?: Hi, my xbox series s console keeps disconnecting from my internet every 10 seconds, im using a wired connection and just wont stay connected for more than 10 seconds, theres nothing wrong with the...
  10. Xbox live won’t connect when I plug a Ethernet cable in

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live won’t connect when I plug a Ethernet cable in: I moved my xbox one into my room and the wifi is very bad there so I hooked my xbox up to an ethernet cable. My xbox box has very small load times now but xbox live will not connect so I can’t...