Ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

Discus and support Ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox one and I’ve been having trouble with my ethernet for a while. My ethernet will reconnect and disconnect constantly while playing. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JackieHorner, Dec 10, 2020.

1. JackieHorner
    JackieHorner Guest

I have an xbox one and I’ve been having trouble with my ethernet for a while. My ethernet will reconnect and disconnect constantly while playing. I have unplugged my console to reset the ram, restarted the modem and router, and even replaced the cord.
    When the cord is connected i’ll test the connection and it will tell me everything is good. My connection for my tv and computer work just fine. I don’t know what to do at this point.

:)

JackieHorner, Dec 10, 2020
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @JackieHorner, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about the connection situation, but I want you not to worry about it because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh.
    I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console to check if it's
    installing this time.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500
    (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your network connection speed | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you
    to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!

Feel free to give us your feedback by voting below if the reply was helpful!
  3. Tweaked Donkey Win User

xbox live isssues

Let me know how that is working out for you. Also, if you can connect directly with an ethernet cable to sharpen your connection, that might help prevent the disconnects. Pop back onto the forums and keep in touch.
  4. ScottCourt Win User

Can't connect to XBOX LIVE

Are you using a wired connection? If your Xbox says the ethernet cable is not connected, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one x continuesly disconnects from wifi

Is the console always disconnecting on the (more or less) exact time at night?

A lot of internet providers force a disconnection every 24 hours to prevent you from running a server on your internet connection, as the disconnect will give you a new external IP.

Can you try to connect the console via an ethernet cable just for testing purposes to see if the disconnects still happen, so we can limit troubleshooting to the wireless connection (if the ethernet cable works the whole time), or if we need to troubleshoot
    "further up" if the ethernet cable also disconnects at night?
  6. LGS-CBC181AD-F4FA-40 Win User

I keep getting disconnected from Xbox Live on 360

Not with ethernet I meant, but with Wi-fi it seems to connect fine. Is it possible to have good connection on ethernet? I disconnect when I use it now for some reason.
Thema:

1. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps disconnecting

2. High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.

in XboX Insiders
    High ping on Xbox X even on ethernet.: Hello! I’ve been having some trouble with my connection lately and wanted to see if anyone could please help. My console is connected to my router through ethernet. I mainly play FIFA (EAFC24),...
  3. Ethernet speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet speeds: I have a gigabit ethernet switch and fibre to the property. I have all cat 7 cables running through the house. I use the switch in my bedroom and I run 2 ethernets off the switch. One goes to my...
  4. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  5. Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my Series X wifi faster when plugged in via Ethernet to a Google wifi puck, or...: Basically title. What are the differences between the two connections? Which would be faster? 1d3c8e9e-76c8-4e26-9000-593a4684f141
  6. Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no...: Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no connection problems just kicks me out of matches just started today. 2bfe270c-2f64-4cdd-9a1d-f87a10b3aafb
  7. Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X keeps disconnecting from internet while using Ethernet: My series X is disconnecting from the internet, it isn’t a router or internet as I’m getting signal to my laptop and other devices. Only solution is unplugging the internet from the back of the...
  8. ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting?

in XBoX on Consoles
    ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting?: So ever since I started using ethernet it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on my xbox randomly, sometimes it will be days without any problems but then for hours it will disconnect and...
  9. xbox series X keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and im connected to ethernet , I...

in XboX Insiders
    xbox series X keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and im connected to ethernet , I...: Help submitted by /u/Hot_Bag1051 [link] [comments]
  10. X box one keep disconnecting while playing on Wi-fi so run a Ethernet cable direct and that...

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one keep disconnecting while playing on Wi-fi so run a Ethernet cable direct and that...: Keeps losing connection on wifi when on ethernet now connects and disconnects repeatbly 7516b882-f3ca-47b1-9f2c-52b15bebf156