Ethernet Cable turns off internet

Discus and support Ethernet Cable turns off internet in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay, so i just bought a Ethernet Cable. I plug it into my xbox one and the other end into my laptop. When i do this, my Xbox one disconnects from the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SoleSix89506272, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Ethernet Cable turns off internet

Okay, so i just bought a Ethernet Cable. I plug it into my xbox one and the other end into my laptop. When i do this, my Xbox one disconnects from the internet, and live. I try bridging the connection from my Ethernet cable to my Wifi, but that doesn't work. I
    try checking my NAT settings as well, and it just tells me i need a teredo IP address. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? i dont have access to my modem/router, so i cant do anything relating to that.

thank you.

:)

SoleSix89506272, Apr 23, 2018
  2. Silen7
    Silen7 Guest
    How to Connect Internet Cable directly to Xbox 360

Hi everybody.

So recently I've been experiencing a lot of lag on CoD, i.e, whenever I join a game I get 2-bar and 3-bar connections. So I decided to search for some solutions. I read somewhere that I can fix this problem by directly connecting my Xbox to the router using an Ethernet cable. Now the problem arises as I do not possess an Ethernet cable.
    Currently, I have a cable through which Internet is supplied (It's a Fibrenet connection, which uses Optical Fibres for transmitting the Internet) and this cable is connected to a router which provides me WiFi.
    I was wondering if I can connect my Internet Cable directly to the Xbox 360 without Ethernet cables.
    (The cable looks exactly like an Ethernet cable so it can fit into the Ethernet jack of the Xbox, so that problem is covered.)

EDIT : I connected the Internet Cable to the Xbox but when I tested connection, It does not connect to Internet. Help

Silen7, Apr 23, 2018
  3. GINJANINJA2k
    GINJANINJA2k Guest
    Xbox Live Account

Tried Ethernet cable and it works the internet doesn't turn off and my dad is going to talk to our ISP in a short while.

GINJANINJA2k, Apr 23, 2018
  4. GINJANINJA2k Win User

Xbox Live Account

Tried Ethernet cable and it works the internet doesn't turn off and my dad is going to talk to our ISP in a short while.
  5. GregVerrall Win User

Wireless technology?

Does plugging in the wired controller and/or an Ethernet cable for internet access turn off the wireless?

What type of wireless connection? (i.e. IR, WiFi, Bluetooth, other)
  6. NonSportsGirl Win User

Playing new games this can't be the way it's supposed to be.

Yank the Ethernet cable or turn off the wifi.
  7. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Troubleshooting problems, nothing seems to work for my xbox

nothing is wired only wireless I only have 2 cords the hdmi cord and power cord
    Are you able to connect to network hardware with ethernet cable?

Turn off console, connect with ethernet cable (wired), and factory refresh again.

You may need to power cycle your network hardware to reestablish internet and XBOX Live connection.
  8. METHOD BLUNT Win User

Cloud storage is disabled but still saves?

Hello.

It's normal my Xbox 360 does not turn off immediately, unplug your ethernet cable and Xbox 360 will turn off immediately
Thema:

Ethernet Cable turns off internet

1. Ethernet Cable turns off internet - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable turns

2. Xbox thinks its on ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox thinks its on ethernet: I have had an xbox series x for a couple years now and recently it has been saying it is connected via ethernet eheb it isn’t. Ive tried restarting it, and i also tried hard resetting it, but...
  3. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  4. Will Microsoft repair the Ethernet port on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft repair the Ethernet port on my Xbox?: Xbox series x abruptly disconnected from live. At the time it was connected via Ethernet cable to the router. After several attempts to troubleshoot, and with or with out the Ethernet cable, it...
  5. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  6. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  7. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  8. Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox one but status stating wired!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox one but status stating wired!!: After working for 2+ years, my Ethernet cable is not connecting to my Xbox One through a wired connection. I can wireless connect but it is very slow. Ethernet cable works as been tested by...
  9. Xbox wired connection when there is no ethernet cable plugged in (Solved)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wired connection when there is no ethernet cable plugged in (Solved): I had the issue of my xbox series X saying it was connected to the internet while being wired. Never connected a wire. Then I remember I just re-connected my tv to the wifi. Solved. Disconnect...
  10. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9