Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live

Discus and support Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live Last week i was xbox live and i was disconnected randomly. I restarted the router and xbox. That didnt fix... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by NickBlagg, Jul 8, 2020.

1. NickBlagg
    NickBlagg Guest

Last week i was xbox live and i was disconnected randomly. I restarted the router and xbox. That didnt fix it, so i started messing with the ethernet cable/port. As soon as i disconnected the ethernet, it reconnected to xbox live. Whenever i try to reconnect
    using my ethernet, it disconnects from xbox live. When i run a network connection test, it tells me i am connected to the internet, however when i run a multiplayer test it fails. I have tried multiple ports and multiple cables.

:)

NickBlagg, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

Randomly Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live

Let me guess, you are connected to WiFi.... The problem with wifi is that there will always be an interference with the connection. As a result, you will disconnect from Xbox live. The only way to solve this issue is to use an ethernet cable. This will guarantee
    that you will not disconnect from xbox live. I know this for a fact because Everyone who has this issue are those who uses wifi to connect to xbox live. I strongly suggest using a ethernet cable because you will not disconnect. P.S: AVOID NETGEAR!! LoL, Worst
    WiFi router ever!
  3. taidara Win User

Keep getting disconnected randomly

You said that you experience the same symptoms even when you're directly connected to the modem with your console. right?[quote user="KrazyEy3zKilla"]I just disconnected from Xbox live right now, and it won't let me reconnect, I went to Xbox live test and
    it says the ethernet cable is not plugged in, I'm sure if I turn the xbox off and back on I'll get right on xbox live.[/quote]If you haven't already, start by replacing the Ethernet cable if the one you use is faulty.
  4. Eeprom Prophet Win User

Can't connect to Xbox Live!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes thats it. Until Mediacom fixes the problem the only solution is to :

1. disconnect the modem ethernet cable from the wan port on the router

2. disconnect the ethernet cable that runs from the xbox to the router ( unplug from the back of the xbox)

3. plug the cable you disconnected in step one into the back of the xbox

4. Reset the cable modem (unplug power for 30 seconds then pug it back in)

5. You now have xbox live (all other devices will have no internet access)

To restore your network do the cable swaps in reverse and then reset your cable modem. Wait for 30 seconds after it is reconnected then do the same for your router.

I hope they fix the problem soon :(

I have some theories on what is happening but at this point it's only guessing.
  5. Claptrap NL Win User

Keep disconnecting from gta 5 online!!!!!

Do you have a ethernet cable or wireless? I had an ethernet cable and also got disconnected from GTA V very often, after a few days I saw it was broken and got me a new one.
  6. T&A# Win User

Broadband connection

I meant connecting it via broadband cable, because if i connect the ethernet cable, then it doesn't operate that fast and ends up disconnecting me from an online game
Thema:

1. Ethernet cable disconnects me from Xbox live - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable disconnects

2. Xbox thinks its on ethernet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox thinks its on ethernet: I have had an xbox series x for a couple years now and recently it has been saying it is connected via ethernet eheb it isn’t. Ive tried restarting it, and i also tried hard resetting it, but...
  3. Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Ethernet connection flickering on/off: My series X has been connected via Ethernet for months now with no issue, after a change in provider, it is no longer working on a wired connection (which I need as the wifi does not reach me)....
  4. Will Microsoft repair the Ethernet port on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft repair the Ethernet port on my Xbox?: Xbox series x abruptly disconnected from live. At the time it was connected via Ethernet cable to the router. After several attempts to troubleshoot, and with or with out the Ethernet cable, it...
  5. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  6. Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s not connecting with ethernet cable but wireless working: Recently had some internet issues but that all sorted now and now my Xbox won’t work using a ethernet cable just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or problem...
  7. Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I hook an Ethernet cable which is connected to my Xbox to my modem or my router?: I was just wondering on whether I should hook up an Ethernet - which is connected to my Xbox - to my router or modem. I recently got a new modem which is supposedly to be a lot better than the...
  8. Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox one but status stating wired!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ethernet cable not connecting to Xbox one but status stating wired!!: After working for 2+ years, my Ethernet cable is not connecting to my Xbox One through a wired connection. I can wireless connect but it is very slow. Ethernet cable works as been tested by...
  9. Xbox wired connection when there is no ethernet cable plugged in (Solved)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wired connection when there is no ethernet cable plugged in (Solved): I had the issue of my xbox series X saying it was connected to the internet while being wired. Never connected a wire. Then I remember I just re-connected my tv to the wifi. Solved. Disconnect...
  10. Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 not connecting to xbox live via ethernet cable and wifi extender: My xbox 360 is unable to connect to the internet when I plugged an ethernet cord from it into the TP-Link RE220 wifi extender. Any solutions? [img] 6064f194-0718-4ab3-be45-d2ecd51efcf9