Espn+ app not working on xbox1

Discus and support Espn+ app not working on xbox1 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When I try to watch an on demand sports event on the espn app on xbox one. It does not play and a screen that says "An unexpected error occurred.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by jamieB1234, Dec 4, 2021.

1. jamieB1234
    jamieB1234 Guest

When I try to watch an on demand sports event on the espn app on xbox one. It does not play and a screen that says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later."

This has been happening for weeks and no matter how long I wait or how many times I click try again. The same message pops up.

How do I fix, send a complaint, or let Microsoft or espn know that something is not working.

:)

jamieB1234, Dec 4, 2021
  2. BrendanHurley1 Win User

Same. I've tried uninstall. Reboot. Etc. The app sucks on Xbox one. Constantly error occurred. Sometimes it works. Sometimes you have to uninstall and reinstall everytime you want to use it. How inept in this modern time can you be?
  3. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? Hope you're well. My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Could you tell if, in addition to this app, others have similar problems, or is it only with this app that the error happens?

Have you tried to reinstall the app?

Is your Xbox updated to the latest version?

If you haven't tried it yet, please try the procedure below.

Uninstall the app

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

After removing the account follow the procedure below.

Step 1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for at least 10 seconds to open the Power center.

Step 2. Then unplug the power supply from your console and wait for 3 minutes.

Step 3. Plug the power supply back into the Xbox console.

Step 4. Press the Xbox button on the console to turn it on again.

Now add your account again.

Please install the app again.

*Thank you in advance for contacting the community.
  4. XBF - Amory Win User

Hey there jamie, thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Our focus here is on helping with a wide variety of Xbox product and service-related issues. Most app-specific issues, like what you are describing here, need to be addressed by the developer or publisher through their sites. Let us help you get to the right place.

For this, the best approach is to contact ESPN's support directly--they have a support page for their applications. Look for their articles on how to troubleshoot connection errors in their app, and if that doesn't work out, they have chat, call and feedback options available at the bottom of the page we've linked.

We recommend this approach to everyone experiencing issues with the ESPN+ app specifically, provided that you've confirmed everything else is working and connecting just fine. If you would like, we would appreciate the bug reports you submit from your console so that our teams can bring them to the appropriate partners.

As this is out of scope for us on the Xbox Forums, we are going to close the thread. If you still need assistance with an Xbox product or service, feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks again for posting your question, and have a great day!
  5. DillonSullivan1 Win User

I just did all of that and still nothing. What do I do
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

ESPN App: Not Working

Hello Under,

Thanks for coming to the forums. It should work without having Xbox live or ESPN+. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If continue to have issues, and its the only app having issues. You may want to reach out to ESPN since the app is theirs.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Espn+ app not working on xbox1 - Similar Threads - Espn+ app working

2. ESPN APP ISSUES

in XBoX on Consoles
    ESPN APP ISSUES: Whenever I log into the espn app with my espn+ account on my Xbox it gives me error notifications that state “an error occurred when trying to connect to our services. Please try again later.” I...
  3. ESPN App Not Playing Anything On Demand

in XBoX on Windows
    ESPN App Not Playing Anything On Demand: This app is borderline a waste. I'm attempting to play an on demand ufc fight and it constantly brings up the "unexpected error, error occurred trying to connect to our services". I have deleted...
  4. ESPN APP ISSUES

in XBoX on Consoles
    ESPN APP ISSUES: Whenever I log into the espn app with my espn+ account on my Xbox it gives me error notifications that state “an error occurred when trying to connect to our services. Please try again later.” I...
  5. ESPN App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN App: My espn app did an update somewhat recently, when i log in i dont have espn+ any more. When i do the trouble shooting and get to step 3. i dont have the log in option i only have subscribe now...
  6. ESPN PLUS APP WONT INSTALL!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN PLUS APP WONT INSTALL!!: Hey everyone. So im trying to download the ESPN plus app to watch tonights UFC fight and it wont let me install it. I keep clicking “GET” and nothing happens. Does anyone know why?!! Its on my...
  7. ESPN App: Not Working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN App: Not Working: Hi All, I am having issues with my ESPN app. When I try to launch the app, it doesn't let watch anything. Does it need and Xbox Live subscription and ESPN+ to work? Thanks in advance....
  8. ESPN app for Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN app for Xbox one: My xbox one can't launch the ESPN app. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled it 10 times. I have reset my xbox, and router several times. The message I keep getting is it's only available in the...
  9. ESPN App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN App: [img] Why? Why does ONLY my ESPN app do this? I live in missouri. I have decent internet. I pay for Gold and ESPN+ WHAT is going ON? What can I do from my end? 01cffb55-311e-4745-a802-6aa21aba7c35
  10. ESPN APP on Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ESPN APP on Xbox: I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting tips and tricks but my ESPN app on my Xbox still is having trouble connecting to THEIR espn services. Is anyone out there also experiencing this issue with...