Errors trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips through Windows 10 Xbox App.

Discus and support Errors trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips through Windows 10 Xbox App. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. So I got windows 10 almost a year ago now, and the Xbox App on it has been working perfectly up until about a month ago. It started to act up... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Conzerz, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Conzerz
    Conzerz Guest

Errors trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips through Windows 10 Xbox App.

Hi there. So I got windows 10 almost a year ago now, and the Xbox App on it has been working perfectly up until about a month ago. It started to act up and it wouldn't tell me if i got any messages like it used to, and whenever I try to send a message it
    will say "Try Again--we had trouble getting your conversations." And then whenever I try to share a game clip from the Game DVR section of the Xbox App, it will say "Something went wrong with loading this info. Try Again Later." I've tried uninstalling and
    reinstalling the Xbox App and it worked until i shut down my computer for the day and turned it back on this morning and it went back to being "broken". I've tried signing in and out multiple times and it doesn't help at all. I don't know what else I can try
    and this has been going on for about a month now. The connection between my Xbox and Computer works though and I can type on my Xbox through my computer but thats about it.

:)

Conzerz, Apr 24, 2017
  2. Game DVR Clips and Screenshots not added to Xbox App.

When I use the Game DVR to make clips in Minecraft Win10, it does not add every clip that is made to the Xbox App in Windows 10. I want to share some clip through the Xbox App but its not added/listed/shown in the Game DVR tab in the Xbox App but they do
    get saved in the default folder where the clips and screenshots are stored in.

Urian Hernandez, Apr 24, 2017
  3. DashingTiger
    DashingTiger Guest
    Help !

Hello, I'm unable to upload and share edited Game DVR clips in the Xbox App on Windows 10 to Xbox Live. App crashes each time 99 % of the clip is uploaded.

DashingTiger, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest

There are several reason why Xbox app will give errors on trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips, in this case some of the components of Xbox app are maybe corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated. To isolate errors on trying to
    send messages and share Game DVR clips, we need additional information. Please see the questions below:

1. Can you send us a screenshot of the error?

2. Have you tried re-installing Xbox app again?

3. Have you updated your PC to the latest build?

Jomari Arc, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Conzerz
    Conzerz Guest
    I have tried reinstalling and it didn't work. I'll attach the 2 error messages that pop up. I haven't updated my PC's hardware at all lately but this started happening about a month ago after a year of it working.

Errors trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips through Windows 10 Xbox App. [​IMG]

Errors trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips through Windows 10 Xbox App. [​IMG]

Conzerz, Apr 24, 2017
  6. Jomari Arc
    Jomari Arc Guest
    Thank you for these information. To troubleshoot these issues with your Xbox app and Game DVR, we would suggest you try the following methods below:

Method 1: Here are steps on how to clear the cache and reset Microsoft Store on Windows 10.

1. Close Windows Store app, if it’s running.

2. In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

3. Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.

NOTE: If the WSReset utility is not appearing in the search result, you can launch the same from the System32 folder (Windows\System32). To open WSReset tool from System32 folder, please navigate to the drive where Windows 10 is installed (usually “C”),
    open up Windows folder, and open up System32 folder. Here, you can find WSReset.exe file. Right-click on it and then click Run as administrator option.

4. The Store app should now automatically launch along with the Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will automatically disappear after a couple of seconds.

Method 2: To resolve DVR issues, you may refer to the article to
    troubleshoot Game DVR on windows 10.

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Apr 26, 2017
  7. Conzerz
    Conzerz Guest
    Hi there. The windows store reset unfortunately didn't work. I tried it multiple times and still no avail.

Conzerz, Apr 26, 2017
  8. Conzerz
    Conzerz Guest

I downloaded the Xbox App (Beta) version and everything works. Will stick to this one for now.

Conzerz, Nov 2, 2018
  9. Jomari Arc Win User

There are several reason why Xbox app will give errors on trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips, in this case some of the components of Xbox app are maybe corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated. To isolate errors on trying to
    send messages and share Game DVR clips, we need additional information. Please see the questions below:

1. Can you send us a screenshot of the error?

2. Have you tried re-installing Xbox app again?

3. Have you updated your PC to the latest build?
  10. UnweildyFeline Win User

xbox live storage error code 0x87c40156 game dvr

Good news I can now at least view and download my game DVR clips from Xbox app via Windows 10 PC!

Bad news continued: Via Game DVR App on Xbox One, I'm now able to see the game clips under "Xbox Live", but when I select "Share" option on a clip I get a

"Something went wrong" error message.

details of the error message are: "Sorry, we can't share this right now. Try again in a while."

11:54 am

11. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Does anyone know how to edit video and put it back on your xbox one?

From the Game DVR screen within the Xbox app, you can access and edit all game clips recorded on Windows 10, as well as clips shared from your Xbox One. Editing in the Xbox app is restricted to Trim at this time. For more info:

support.xbox.com/.../edit-recording-game-dvr-windows-10
  12. Conzerz Win User

Thank you for these information. To troubleshoot these issues with your Xbox app and Game DVR, we would suggest you try the following methods below:

Method 1: Here are steps on how to clear the cache and reset Microsoft Store on Windows 10.

2. In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

3. Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.

NOTE: If the WSReset utility is not appearing in the search result, you can launch the same from the System32 folder (Windows\System32). To open WSReset tool from System32 folder, please navigate to the drive where Windows 10 is installed (usually “C”),
    open up Windows folder, and open up System32 folder. Here, you can find WSReset.exe file. Right-click on it and then click Run as administrator option.

4. The Store app should now automatically launch along with the Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will automatically disappear after a couple of seconds.

Hi there. The windows store reset unfortunately didn't work. I tried it multiple times and still no avail.
    I downloaded the Xbox App (Beta) version and everything works. Will stick to this one for now.
  13. Jomari Arc Win User

Thema:

1. Errors trying to send messages and share Game DVR clips through Windows 10 Xbox App. - Similar Threads - Errors trying send

2. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  3. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  4. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  5. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  6. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  7. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...
  8. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  9. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  10. Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store

in XboX Insiders
    Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store: It states it's available on game pass but it won't work, any thoughts / suggestions? New here so be nice please!!! submitted by /u/Woodburygooner [link] [comments]