Error while trying to start Games on Xbox One S

Discus and support Error while trying to start Games on Xbox One S in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I have been facing this error when I try to start the games on my Xbox which were digitally bought and downloaded. It tells me 'For some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AsadRazvi, Sep 9, 2020.

1. AsadRazvi
    AsadRazvi Guest

Hey Guys,

I have been facing this error when I try to start the games on my Xbox which were digitally bought and downloaded. It tells me 'For some reason, The Witcher 3 has taken too long to start. (0x8027025a)'

The same error is coming for all the games I have digitally purchased for my console. Tried troubleshooting but to no avail. Would be of great help if a solution for the same problem could be shared.

TIA.

:)

AsadRazvi, Sep 9, 2020
  2. dempup Win User

Hi Asad.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. I would recommend clearing the cache with a hard reset.

1. Press and hold the power button on the console until it completely switched off.
    2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console.
    3. Now you have to ensue any remaining power in the Xbox One battery is drained, so wait for two minutes and then press the power button four times.
    4. Plug the power cable back into the console.
    5. Wait for the light on the power brick to change from white to orange.
    6. Turn on the console using the power button.
  3. Miss Bijoux Win User

Error Code 0x80070490

Hey Blarganthia -

When do you run into this error? Is it when you start up your console or are you mid game or using an app? You can try >>factory resetting<<
    your Xbox One S (while keeping games and apps) and see if that stops the error from popping up.

Let us know. :)
  4. Mister Maka Win User

2k16 not loading?

Hey there Saigon the Chef!

Does your Xbox One immediately quit the game or do you get an error message when you try to start the game? Have you possibly tried disconnecting your Xbox One from Xbox Live and starting up the game while offline?
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Games will not start

Hello Kennedy0000,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One S not starting games and throwing errors. To further troubleshoot this, please try performing a

Factory Reset
    while keeping your games & apps installed.

Please let us know how this goes!
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

call of duty modern warfare

Thema:

1. Error while trying to start Games on Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Error while trying

2. Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.: Additionally, Ive tried using both LAN and WiFi to download games yet it still wasn't successful at all. When doing network tests it says that Upload Speed and MTU are unavailable. Although...
  3. an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox live. Please try...: When loading fortnite on my child's xbox series S they are getting the following when trying to load into the game "an unexpected error occurred while signing in to your account for xbox Live,...
  4. AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR XBOX LIVE. PLEASE TRY...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED WHILE SIGNING IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR XBOX LIVE. PLEASE TRY...: Why is this happening i just want play fornite 7dd319a4-7eb7-4941-9100-2ae1d5778569
  5. I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I tried to get on cloud gaming on my phone and computer but it says An error occured while...: I think Xbox cloud gaming is down 5914dcc5-d07e-4221-b756-480acf3fd8b4
  6. “ an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account for Xbox live. Please try...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “ an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account for Xbox live. Please try...: So it’s currently been almost 2 weeks since I haven’t been able to sign in to Fortnite and I keep getting the “an unexpected error occurred while signing into your account Xbox Live please try...
  7. I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am trying to play the hive ( online game) and it keeps saying “error while downloading...: It’s on a PlayStation btw not Xbox b19d3f41-d1a4-4116-bc53-b11faead4336
  8. 0x0000042B this error while trying to login to xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    0x0000042B this error while trying to login to xbox: I got xbox games pass and logged into with that account and downloaded a game.. Next Day when I am trying to play it.. The Xbox account is logged out and now unable to login again also 0x80070057...
  9. Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error: "Please login with administrator privileges and try again" while trying to run...: I am trying to run Rising Kingdomon windows 11 but all I get is a notification, "Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I am the administrator so can anyone please tell me how...
  10. Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry...: Error message while trying to launch MSFS "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live sorry something went wrong . Try again in a while (0X80070520) Was working fine yesterday...