Error When using Xbox Live Membership

Discus and support Error When using Xbox Live Membership in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; XBOS-3013 5898c0b3-ec13-4f6b-8699-6210877fee6e I get this error every time i enter my xbox live code. dcfd5910-93e1-471c-bf5f-0d4f9365e701 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dragoblood25, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Dragoblood25
    Dragoblood25 Guest

XBOS-3013

5898c0b3-ec13-4f6b-8699-6210877fee6e

I get this error every time i enter my xbox live code.

:)

Dragoblood25, Oct 14, 2017
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Xbox One Live 12 Months ??

MS Store US says

Day One 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership - Microsoft Store

Day One 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership

For a limited time, get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play Killer Instinct: Round One, with the exclusive Shadow Jago character. Includes commemorative card and case.

weaponx_uk2003, Oct 14, 2017
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

Remeeming errors can be caused by issues on the account itself. Be sure to check if your billing information is correct at
    http://billing.microsoft.com and also check
    http://account.microsoft.com/services for any outstanding amount issues, these need to be sorted prior to being able to redeem codes.

After that try redeeming the code on both xbox console and via xbox.com/redeemcode

Also check that the Xbox Live account, the console and code all match region wise, using different regions for any of them cause issues too.

If you can't find anything wrong and it is still not working, best thing to do is to contact official Xbox Support via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat at
    Contact Us | Xbox Support they can do a more indepth look into this issue.

5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

Remeeming errors can be caused by issues on the account itself. Be sure to check if your billing information is correct at
    http://billing.microsoft.com and also check
    http://account.microsoft.com/services for any outstanding amount issues, these need to be sorted prior to being able to redeem codes.

After that try redeeming the code on both xbox console and via xbox.com/redeemcode

Also check that the Xbox Live account, the console and code all match region wise, using different regions for any of them cause issues too.

If you can't find anything wrong and it is still not working, best thing to do is to contact official Xbox Support via Phone or Microsoft Support Chat at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us they can do a more indepth look into this issue.
  6. SassieKat Win User

Receiving error code 0x80169CF9 when attempting to redeem prepaid 3 month Gold card

Error 80169cf9 occurs when you try to redeem an Xbox Live Gold code (
    support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup
    )

Problem:

You see the following error code and message when you try to redeem an Xbox Live Gold membership prepaid code or token:

80169cf9

The payment option can't be used for this purchase. Please select a different payment option or add a new one.

This error message occurs when you have an active membership but auto renewal is turned off, and the payment instrument that was used to purchase that membership has been removed from your account or is no longer associated with your membership.

Solution:

Because the payment instrument has been removed from your current membership, you will not be able to add a prepaid code or token for a membership while your current membership is still active. You must wait until your current membership has ended to redeem
    the token. Membership tokens do not expire. To find out when your membership will end, sign in to your Xbox account and tap or click Subscriptions to view the end dates for your current memberships and subscriptions.

Hope this helps!
  7. BobMcFly247 Win User

I cannot redeem my prepaid 12m Xboxlive gold code

This is the answer you get if you check your error code on
    support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

---------------

Error 80169cf9 occurs when you try to redeem an Xbox Live Gold code

You see the following error code and message when you try to redeem an Xbox Live Gold membership prepaid code or token: 80169cf9

The payment option can't be used for this purchase. Please select a different payment option or add a new one.

This error message occurs when you have an active membership but auto renewal is turned off, and the payment instrument that was used to purchase that membership has been removed from your account or is no longer associated with your membership.

Solution:

Because the payment instrument has been removed from your current membership, you will not be able to add a prepaid code or token for a membership while your current membership is still active. You must wait until your current membership has ended to redeem
    the token. Membership tokens do not expire. To find out when your membership will end, sign in to your Xbox account and tap or click Subscriptions to view the end dates for your, current memberships and subscriptions.

--------------—------

I hope this answers your question.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

Can't Redeem 12M Gold Code!!! HELP!!!

Here's what that error code means.

Error 80169cf9 occurs when you try to redeem an Xbox LIVE Gold code

You see the following error code and message when you try to redeem an Xbox LIVE Gold membership prepaid code or token:

80169cf9

Solution

the token. Membership tokens do not expire. To find out when your membership will end,
    sign in to your Xbox account and tap or click
    Subscriptions to view the end dates for your current memberships and subscriptions.

Related Issues
    Xbox error code/status code search Billing support Change your Xbox LIVE account information Add a payment option to your Xbox LIVE account

If that solution does not wotk then i'd suggest contacting support for your region as they are the only ones who can deal with billing issues
  9. HomegrownSilky Win User

I Can Not Buy Nothing!

You don't need Gold membership in order to use the marketplace. What game are you trying to purchase and what is the error that you are receiving. How are you trying to purchase Live membership and what is the error you get when you try.
Thema:

1. Error When using Xbox Live Membership - Similar Threads - Error using Live

2. I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....

in XBoX on Windows
    I keep getting error code 0x000005b4 when I use the movies and tv app on my xbox series x....: I've tried resetting my console, as well as uninstalling the app (then restarting my console and downloading the app again). Nothing that I've tried has worked consistently. Resetting my console...
  3. LG OLED C3 no signal error using Xbox Series X at 120hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    LG OLED C3 no signal error using Xbox Series X at 120hz: Hi Guys I am having intermittent ‘no signal’ errors using Xbox Series X at 120hz when changing from game to Home Screen (dashboard) on my LG OLED C3 tv. [img] I don’t have any problems using my...
  4. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix? ***moved from...
  5. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix?...
  6. Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant use xbox application due to error 0x80070490 when trying to update.: Hi Everyone, I am encountering an extremely frustrating issue with the xbox application on my new desktop PC. I've installed the Xbox application from the Microsoft site and the Windows store,...
  7. Can't use Xbox Live: Error Code 0x80040900

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use Xbox Live: Error Code 0x80040900: Hi, I've had a problem not being able to use Xbox Live for several months now. When I try to complete any action that uses Xbox Live the error 0x80040900 comes up, telling me to restart the Xbox...
  8. Can't use my Xbox live card ! XBOS3004 error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't use my Xbox live card ! XBOS3004 error.: Today I bought myself an Xbox Live Card from MMOGA. A 10 Euro card. I typed the code in and it showed me that it is indeed 10 Euros, so I bought the right thing. I live in Germany and we of...
  9. Error when trying to use a 1 mo. Xbox Live Gold token

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error when trying to use a 1 mo. Xbox Live Gold token: I keep getting an error code when I try to use a 1 mo. Xbox Live Gold token: XBOS-500251d42555-f5c6-403c-97a5-c55491080302 2017/04/12 - 15:09:47 UTC 99763348-ad76-4a8b-94c4-2e3416f43eda
  10. Error when trying to use a 12 mo. Xbox Live Gold token

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error when trying to use a 12 mo. Xbox Live Gold token: I keep getting an error code when I try to use a 12 mo. Xbox Live Gold token: XBOS-3014 851b989d-fe6a-48d7-886d-6ca0b0e556ba 2017/04/11 - 18:53:13 UTC 3f9d1a12-21f8-4664-b5a4-9087d4564da2