Error when trying to migrate Minecraft account

Discus and support Error when trying to migrate Minecraft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have been trying to migrate my Minecraft account for weeks, and every time I try, I get to the screen where I confirm my birthdate, then have to put... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JenB87, May 21, 2023.

1. JenB87
    JenB87 Guest

I have been trying to migrate my Minecraft account for weeks, and every time I try, I get to the screen where I confirm my birthdate, then have to put in a captcha code, and when I submit that I get an error page. It says "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." I have tried on Chrome in both regular and incognito modes and also on Safari, so the browser doesn't seem to be the issue.

I looked at a support article on minecraft.net about account migration, which did not address this, so I followed the links to Minecraft support and contacted them. After waiting 4 days for a response, they replied and told me to contact Xbox support instead.

Going to the Xbox support website, there is nothing in the tree of options that matches this issue really, but going through the "I need a Microsoft account" option, I eventually get directed to these options: (1) Let the virtual assistant walk me through creating a Microsoft account, which would not fix my issue; (2) "Message a gamer in the community," which is ridiculous because how are they going to help me with a broken website on Microsoft's end?; (3) Request a call WHICH REQUIRES A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT, and the whole reason I'm in this situation is that I can't get my minecraft account to migrate to a microsoft account in the first place, so I don't HAVE a Microsoft account! So here I am trying the only other option available to me, (4) Post to the forums and ask the community for help, to see if anyone has any ideas.

This is completely absurd that I am locked out of a game I purchased because Microsoft's account migration system is broken, Minecraft support can't or won't help me, and Xbox's support system won't allow me to get in touch with a real person to resolve this because they don't have the correct options set up. Is there any way to resolve this, or am I just locked out of Minecraft forever?

:)

JenB87, May 21, 2023
  2. DardDard Win User

This did help me, thank you!
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello JenB87,

Good to know that you were able to resolve this issue by reaching our live support team. I'm happy that it got resolved, And thank you for sharing the method you perform to fix issue. This will be helpful with the rest of the community member who may encounter this type of issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.

Meanwhile, please send feedback to the Xbox team with your suggestion.

Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
  4. JenB87 Win User

Thank you for your response and trying to help, CarTzy! I continued trying in different browsers and at different times, but always with the same result--I always got the same error message and could never complete the account migration.

However, before I could try getting in touch with someone via Xbox support like you suggested, I ended up hearing back again from Minecraft support. After some back and forth, they suggested that I create a Microsoft account straight from microsoft.com, separately from the Minecraft account migration process, then try the account migration again to connect it to the already-made Microsoft account. That FINALLY worked!

I thought I would post that here just in case anyone else with the same issue comes across this. I still can't believe that this process was so much trouble--not only was the account migration itself completely broken for me, but I ended up stuck between two support systems, neither of which were helpful at first, which was super frustrating. I hope Microsoft plans anything else like this out MUCH better in the future, including adding the right categories of support options to be able to get through to a real person more easily when you're encountering an odd issue like this!
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hi JenB87,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble migrating your Mojang account to Microsoft. This error usually means that there is a temporary issue with the Microsoft account service or the Minecraft service. Here are some steps you can try to fix it:

- Check the Xbox Live service status and the Minecraft service status to see if there are any known issues affecting your account migration.

- Sign out of your Microsoft account and sign back in.

- Clear your browser cache and cookies, or try using a different browser.

- Wait for a few hours and try again.

If none of these works, it is best to contact our live support team.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Rostom L Win User

When I try to sign in from minecraft it takes me to my Microsoft account

Hi George! I'll be happy to assist you here.

Please be informed that there is a Minecraft/Mojang account migration to a Microsoft account. Have you already migrated your Minecraft account to a Microsoft account? If so, your Minecraft account and Microsoft account are linked as one already.

What just happened when you proceed with it? Are you getting any error message or error code?
Thema:

1. Error when trying to migrate Minecraft account - Similar Threads - Error trying migrate

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  6. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  7. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  8. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  9. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  10. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...