Error when trying to convert my child's offline profile to an Xbox Live profile

Discus and support Error when trying to convert my child's offline profile to an Xbox Live profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help! My son has an offline profile, and he has a Microsoft account that has never been used for Xbox Live. He wants to convert his offline account to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NatashaEllis, Feb 20, 2016.

1. NatashaEllis
    NatashaEllis Guest

Help!

My son has an offline profile, and he has a Microsoft account that has never been used for Xbox Live. He wants to convert his offline account to an Xbox Live account, so that he can use it online without losing all of his data, GamerScore, etc.

When he selects Join Xbox Live, it asks for his name, email, password, and then asks for parental consent. I then enter my email, password, credit card details and billing address. After that, it says something like 'creating account' for a few seconds and
    the fails with an error message saying "Sorry, Xbox Live Signup isn't available now. Try again later."

It does this every time.

I've just spent 90 minutes talking to Xbox Chat Support. They were unable to even comprehend the problem, let alone solve it.

It isn't a local network problem, and the Xbox Service Status webpage says that there aren't any problems at their end, so it seems like their system doesn't like something about my account and/or my sons account.

Any ideas for what to try next, or how to get to talk to a person who can actually help?

Thanks

:)

NatashaEllis, Feb 20, 2016
  2. maximcnabb
    maximcnabb Guest
    trying to change an offline profile to an online profile...

I am trying to change an offline profile to an online profile for my daughter and when she logs on to the profile that she wants to convert she is unable to click on the profile option in settings.

maximcnabb, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Munkey Boy
    Munkey Boy Guest
    Adding my partners Xbox 360 Username to the Xbox One

It sounds like you created an offline profile on your 360 for your partner. Unless it's an online profile with a unique associated email address, you won't be able to transfer it across. Your profile transferred, but your partners isn't attached to it, it's separate and offline on the 360.

I'd look at trying to convert the offline profile on your 360 to an online one, associate an email with it, then load that up in the One.

Munkey Boy, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert an offline child account to an online account. He would have to create a new account in order to play online.

Smwutches, Feb 20, 2016
  5. NatashaEllis
    NatashaEllis Guest
    That doesn't sound right - it asks him to select an adult account for parental consent, and then goes though a long, tedious process of asking for credit card and billing details for "age verification" of the adult account. Why would it do all of that if
    it wasn't possible? It must be possible, but it is failing for some reason.

6. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    It used to be possible, but for some reason the ability to do so was removed a few years ago which is why you get an error now. In order to have a Live child account, it has to be created through the website. It can't be created through the console or upgraded
    from an offline account.

Smwutches, Feb 20, 2016
  7. NatashaEllis
    NatashaEllis Guest
    Wow, so you're saying that every child who ever plays offline has lose all of their GamerScore, saved games, etc, if they ever want to go online? He's played for years and achieved a 5-figure GamerScore, not to mention the hundreds of hours worth of MineCraft
    saves that he'll lose. If that's true, that sucks.

I wonder if I go and edit his DOB in his MS account to make appear over 18, will it then allow the upgrade without even asking for consent?

8. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Until Microsoft changes things, yes. That's how it works currently.

You can try, but it might not work. The date of birth on the MS account will not affect the date of birth on the Xbox account. Once you create an Xbox account, it is not possible to change the date of birth on the account.

Smwutches, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately, it is not possible to convert an offline child account to an online account. He would have to create a new account in order to play online.
  10. Smwutches Win User

Until Microsoft changes things, yes. That's how it works currently.

You can try, but it might not work. The date of birth on the MS account will not affect the date of birth on the Xbox account. Once you create an Xbox account, it is not possible to change the date of birth on the account.
  11. NatashaEllis Win User

Wow, so you're saying that every child who ever plays offline has lose all of their GamerScore, saved games, etc, if they ever want to go online? He's played for years and achieved a 5-figure GamerScore, not to mention the hundreds of hours worth of MineCraft
    saves that he'll lose. If that's true, that sucks.

I wonder if I go and edit his DOB in his MS account to make appear over 18, will it then allow the upgrade without even asking for consent?
  12. Smwutches Win User

It used to be possible, but for some reason the ability to do so was removed a few years ago which is why you get an error now. In order to have a Live child account, it has to be created through the website. It can't be created through the console or upgraded
    from an offline account.
  13. NatashaEllis Win User

That doesn't sound right - it asks him to select an adult account for parental consent, and then goes though a long, tedious process of asking for credit card and billing details for "age verification" of the adult account. Why would it do all of that if
    it wasn't possible? It must be possible, but it is failing for some reason.
Thema:

1. Error when trying to convert my child's offline profile to an Xbox Live profile - Similar Threads - Error trying convert

2. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  3. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  6. I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am Constantly getting error messages when trying to do something on Xbox Service: Wether it's about trying to remove old feeds or changing information. it simply won't work as i constantly get web errors or other stuff shoved into my face. Please fix your services or do...
  7. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  8. Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Trying to share captures but "something went wrong" error message appears instead. Other...: I had these really good captures from my game I wanted to share with others in a club I was in. Instead I am repeatedly met by an error message saying something went wrong, and this is still...
  9. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...
  10. I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error

in XBoX on Windows
    I got a Xbox gift card and every time I try to pay for it to get V bucks it says error: Is there anyway you could help me I have these two gift cards one of $25 and one of $50 I use the first 25 want to turn it into Microsoft money it was a team gift card both of them are teen gift...