Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: "

Discus and support Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: " in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm been trying to change the Gamertag for my child account, and no matter what gamertag I choose, even one of the suggested ones, I receive an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanielP4806, Apr 1, 2018.

1. DanielP4806
    DanielP4806 Guest

Hello,

I'm been trying to change the Gamertag for my child account, and no matter what gamertag I choose, even one of the suggested ones, I receive an error:

Something Went Wrong
    Purchase-3001
    c94b0ac7-3f94-4acd-a8b8-27425897d154

I've tried to work on this extensively with Xbox support, no joy. It's not the credit card. It's not the availability of the gamertag etc. I'm thinking its something with the security and privacy settings on the child account, but I've played around
    with the various settings and still cant change the gamertag.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DanielP4806, Apr 1, 2018
  2. Get Luxed
    Get Luxed Guest
    Account settings not avaible

I wanted to change my xbox accout settings but I always get directed to "http://support.xbox.com/de-DE/xbox-one/security/error-child-trying-to-access-settings".
    I wondered because when I go on Microsoft and to the family settings it says that my account is one of an adult and that there is no child, but at xbox the same account is one and I cant change any settings. Did I do something wrong when I created my Account
    or do I need an xbox to change my settings?

Get Luxed, Apr 1, 2018
  3. error codes not working, being billed for xbox live multiple times

Hi there, we just started a childs account and now we keep getting errors everytime we log on. It keeps saying something went wrong, gives me an error code and it does not work when you go to error/help. Being billed multiple times for x box live accounts.
    Please help me.

GrayStampycat59, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Psykonx Win User

Gamertag Issue

I changed my gamertag awhile ago from “XCD to xcd” and was able to change it back to “XCD” with no issue now when I try to change it back to lowercase I get the same error

“Something went wrong. Try your gamertag again.” Been like this for awhile
  5. JonasVG_230 Win User

something went wrong when adding a child

meanwhile I found the solution by adding a child trough the PC interface
  6. Jedimaster0 Win User

Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change

At the time of this posting, there are currently some server issues with the "Purchase and Content Usage" servers on Xbox Live. This means that purchases on the Xbox Store, especially gamertag changes, may not work for everybody. The only solution is to
    try again later, preferably once Microsoft has fixed the problem.

You can check here for more information: https://xbox.com/status
    I'm having the same issue and according to the xbox.com/status, all of those issues are supposedly resolved.
  7. Internet Expert Win User

Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change

At the time of this posting, there are currently some server issues with the "Purchase and Content Usage" servers on Xbox Live. This means that purchases on the Xbox Store, especially gamertag changes, may not work for everybody. The only solution is to
    try again later, preferably once Microsoft has fixed the problem.

You can check here for more information: https://xbox.com/status
  8. dup122dee98-3817-461 Win User

Windows 8 Xbox Live account has been created automatically as a Child

I know that. I spoke with support for multiple channels and their response has always been the same . You can not change the age . For this reason I created a new account.

The problem is to pay to change the gamertag . When Windows created the account without asking age, I did not know that was childish . For this reason I paid 9.50€ in my old account to change gamertag and then I named this account. Now, I had to create a
    new account because i can't use it.

Account was created bad for Windows 8 error , not mine. I did not put the wrong age, Windows did not ask. I request xbox support to leave me one free gamertag change in the child's account (GLooMan16) so I can change the name and put it on the new account
    I created.

I did not ask for a gift. But it seems wrong to pay again when it has been a Microsoft error and not mine that was created as a child account.

Thanks for your atention.
Thema:

1. Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: " - Similar Threads - Error trying change

2. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  3. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  4. Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store

in XboX Insiders
    Error 404 when trying to download Halo: The Master Chief Collection from the store: It states it's available on game pass but it won't work, any thoughts / suggestions? New here so be nice please!!! submitted by /u/Woodburygooner [link] [comments]
  5. An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code: An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. eea05149-ed93-4189-bc71-fccd07064838
  6. I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm trying to update my Series X but keep getting the error code 0x8B0500D0 0x00000000...: I've tried unplugging the main power for 30 seconds, I have a solid internet connection, and plenty of storage space. Less than a month ago I had to offline update it. How do I get this new...
  7. Error code 400 when trying to activate xbox series x in developer mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 400 when trying to activate xbox series x in developer mode?: Error code 400 when trying to activate xbox series x in developer mode? How can i activate the xbox in dev mode after paying for it but when i put the code in nothing works. (Also getting error...
  8. Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error Code: 0x801901a0 while trying to download any game.: Additionally, Ive tried using both LAN and WiFi to download games yet it still wasn't successful at all. When doing network tests it says that Upload Speed and MTU are unavailable. Although...
  9. I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to change my xbox profile privacy settings and getting the error "We are sorry,...: I am a PC player, using Windows 10. I currently have a gamepass subscription. I have had this xbox/microsoft account for a fairly long time (since at least 2013, but probably longer). It is the...
  10. Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say unexpected error when I try to change my privacy and safety thingy on my...: Whenever i try to change the account privacy and safety on my account (so i can play multiplayer on minecraft) it wont let me,A unexpected error just pops up, I've been trying to change it since...