Error when logging in "this xbl account is already linked to another epic games account"

Discus and support Error when logging in "this xbl account is already linked to another epic games account" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When launching fortnite or rocket league I get an error that states my xbox live account is already linked to a different epic games account. I've gone... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lloyd Russell, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Error when logging in "this xbl account is already linked to another epic games account"

When launching fortnite or rocket league I get an error that states my xbox live account is already linked to a different epic games account. I've gone through epic games support and am getting no where. Everything shows that my xbl account is linked to the epic games account I am logged into and it has been from the beginning. I ran an update to rocket league and then it started doing this. When I log into my Microsoft account it shows I gave permissions to epic games so it appears to be linked. HELP!

:)

Lloyd Russell, Jan 9, 2023
  2. ljaadc Win User

Sorry your xbl account has already been associated with another Epic Games account

How do I unlink my xbox account from Epic Games so I can link my epic games account to my xbox correctly? Error message is "Sorry your xbl account has already been associated with another Epic Games account"
    I have gone to the Epic Games website, logged in using the Xbox link, used my xbl credentials, and it logs me in. However, under Accounts/Connections Xbox is not connected. When I click on connect, I get the message that this xbl account is associated
    to another account. It's a never ending circle.
  3. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Xbox one and epic game user

Hi TattyATcool,

I found a link that may help you. http://fortnitehelp.epicgames.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2915240-when-i-try-to-link-my-psn-xbl-account-to-my-epic-account-it-says-that-my-psn-xbl-account-is-already-linked-to-an-epic-account-

This usually indicates that your PSN or Xbox account is linked to a "blank" Epic account, which can occur when you play on PS4 or Xbox One without linking an Epic account. This can be corrected by promoting the "blank" account to a full-fledged Epic account. In order to do so, please complete the following steps:

Visit the Fortnite Website.
    If you're already logged into an account, sign out
    At the top right-hand corner there will be a icon of a silhouette – Mouse over this icon and select Playstation or Xbox
    Make sure NOT to login with any existing Epic Games Account information. You are trying to promote your existing "blank" Epic Account.
    Once logged in, you will be asked to Register. In order to link the account, you will need to use an Email Address and Display Name that are NOT being used on another Epic account.
    If you are receiving an error message saying that you're account is already linked during this process, you are most likely trying to use an email address or display name that are already in use
    Bear in mind that all of your save data is tied to your Epic account that your PSN or Xbox is linked to, not the PSN or Xbox account itself.
  4. RyderAdams11 Win User

I cant add the vbucks gift card i have to my epic games account

When i open up the connections page it shows i have no devices connected to my account. When i go through the steps to link it states this xbl account has already been associated with another epic games account.
  5. RyderAdams11 Win User

I cant add the vbucks gift card i have to my epic games account

When i open up the connections page it shows i have no devices connected to my account. When i go through the steps to link it states this xbl account has already been associated with another epic games account.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Can't relink Xbox account to epic games

Hello victor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble relinking your Xbox account to your Epic Games account. Should you the error message you are getting is: Sorry, but this account has already been associated with another Epic Games account.

As much as we would like to offer help, the details about account link is part of Epic Games account and we do not have tools to check on this.

Please follow the steps provided on this link: "Sorry, but this account has already been associated with another Epic Games account" error - Epic Accounts Support.

If issue still persists or you have a different error message, please check the support page of Epic Games or contact the support team for assistance.

Link: Support request (epicgames.com)

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

Error when logging in "this xbl account is already linked to another epic games account"

1. Error when logging in "this xbl account is already linked to another epic games account" - Similar Threads - Error logging xbl

2. Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log in. Error 0x89235107: After searching as far as possible on the internet about the error, I could not fix the problem with XBOX login on PC. I cannot launch any game I have installed. Please, help...
  3. error logging into game

in XBoX Accessibility
    error logging into game: whenever i boot up fortnite it tells me an unexpected error occurred trying to log into my xbox live account and i reset my xbox and restarted the game over and over and still get the same result...
  4. I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.: I can't log into any Microsoft related accounts. Upon logging in I get the error message "Please try again later, " or "The application has made too many requests. Press Retry to continue."...
  5. Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to log into Xbox Live games, error message: To sign into Xbox, please install this...: Hello, after recently buying a new computer I noticed that I'm unable to log into Xbox Live. Whenever I attempt, the following error appears: To sign into Xbox, please install this framework...
  6. Why am i getting an unexpected error logging in to xbox live account on fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i getting an unexpected error logging in to xbox live account on fortnite.: When i load up Fortnite it says that an unexpected error has occured when logging in with my xbox live account. I’ve tried restarting the console, deleting the game and reinstalling, deleting my...
  7. Error message 0x90190001 when I try to log into MS Xbox app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error message 0x90190001 when I try to log into MS Xbox app: Hello, Please excuse me if this has been addressed, I was unable to find this specific question being answered. I am attempting to log into the MS Xbox app on windows 11. I select "Use a...
  8. 0x89235107 error when logging into xbox pc app

in XBoX on Consoles
    0x89235107 error when logging into xbox pc app: Every time I try to sign into the xbox pc app for the first time each time I boot my pc up, I have to reinstall the xbox app for it to work. 23b8b58f-cc1e-4281-8321-400a44c387bc
  9. Can't log in to Fortnite on my sons Xbox. Just says "an unexpected error occurredwhile...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't log in to Fortnite on my sons Xbox. Just says "an unexpected error occurredwhile...: I have been trying to log in to Fortnite on to sons Xbox but keep getting the above message and won't load into game. I have tried the restart options and several things that searched on...
  10. XSTS error="account_child_not_in_family" when attempting to log into xbox.com? Get logged...

in XBoX Accessibility
    XSTS error="account_child_not_in_family" when attempting to log into xbox.com? Get logged...: Whenever i attempt to log into xbox.com, after I input my information, I get looped back to the home screen and not being logged in. (ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twatf5atnqw). I have tried...