Error when launching Football Manager 2023 from the Xbox App

Discus and support Error when launching Football Manager 2023 from the Xbox App in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] Got this error when trying to load up Football Manager, it happens with all games. This is my first time using Xbox App on PC. I have looked... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SamStriker, Nov 14, 2022.

1. SamStriker
    SamStriker Guest

Error when launching Football Manager 2023 from the Xbox App [​IMG]

Got this error when trying to load up Football Manager, it happens with all games. This is my first time using Xbox App on PC. I have looked around the web but couldn't find an answer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

- Sam

:)

SamStriker, Nov 14, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sam

Please try and double check this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update
    Click Check for Updates

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too. (Click on get updates)

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox and FM23 app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and try again

————

If that doesn’t work try this instead:
    Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and try again

If none of the above worked , please try this
    Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:
    "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Sam
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Answering your first question, yes. It’s possible , is not too hard
    You can transfer the files and documents from the other user following this article
    https://www.thewindowsclub.com/share-transfer-f...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

But before that, please try these other two solutions in your PC to see if the problem finally it’s solved in the first user:

1. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

2. Perform an in-place upgrade for your system (don't worry your content will remain)

If you’re on Windows 11

Windows 10
  4. SamStriker Win User

In addition to this, ive just tried to load the game on my original account and am now getting a different error. The game still works on the Admin account
    [​IMG]

This is the new error on the original account..
  5. SamStriker Win User

Hi Josef,

The game works perfectly on a separate administrator account. Thanks for all your help.

Is there any way I can quickly add my downloads/ pictures/ other documents, onto this new account?

If there is no way of doing this then that is fine, I'm happy to have one account for games and another for mainly web browsing and work.

Thank you so much.

-Sam.
  6. SamStriker Win User

Thanks for all your help Josef. As of this evening i have got everything working. Thank you so much
Thema:

1. Error when launching Football Manager 2023 from the Xbox App - Similar Threads - Error launching Football

2. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  3. When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]:...: When i tried to launch MW3 Zombie, I keep getting (Disc read error [8.7]: 'sa_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - check log for more information adf26045-1a33-40ac-a62e-5148ee5cd383
  4. I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer.: I get an error 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app in my computer. It has never worked, just installed but didn’t manage to get in. Windows 11 is up to date and I have more than 50gB space....
  5. So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs"

in XBoX on Consoles
    So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs": So this happen when I try to launch xbox app on pc "error code 0x80040904 occurs" d44c9a02-1ca4-4a41-8b79-db1a846cf242
  6. error code 0xc0ea0001 every time i launch game PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0xc0ea0001 every time i launch game PC: Is anyone else seeing this, this error started happening in the last couple of weeks and xbox support gives a vague command prompt work around. Is Microsoft aware? is there a perm fix? or is it...
  7. Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game?: I have Sunset Overdrive in my library and I was able to run it and play without problems till yesterday. Now when I launch it, I get the followin error; Sunset Overdrive is not available in your...
  8. Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting error code 0xc0ea0001 when trying to launch Starfield on my laptop (Acer Nitro 5)....: I'm having an issue launching starfield(I own the base game and premium content DLC) without needing to restart my laptop first. I play starfield at night and shut down my laptop every night. When...
  9. Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot launch a game on Xbox PC All error codes here: 0x87E10BD0, 0x800704c7, 0x80070005: Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BD0....
  10. [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...

in XboX Insiders
    [RESOLVED] XSX Alpha Skip Ahead: Boot Loop / Error E208 00000003 00000006 After Launching...: Rebooted to Dev Mode Error E208 while preparing Stuck in a boot loop where the troubleshooting guide launches and system restarts before controller can pair Removed main power, Seagate expansion,...