Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your...

Discus and support Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I am a computer engineer with a computer science degree as well and I have tried everything to my knowledge to fix this issue so please don't answer... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Sam hates u, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Sam hates u
    Sam hates u Guest

Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your...

I am a computer engineer with a computer science degree as well and I have tried everything to my knowledge to fix this issue so please don't answer the question with any of the following for advice, ie: updated drivers, reinstalled Game Bar, restarted pc, altered privacy settings, configured my microphone multiple times, reset and repaired Xbox Game Bar, give Game Bar sudo privileges, and more.

Pertinent information:

- Everything works fine on other audio transmitting applications: Discord and any game I have tried, while Game Bar has caused significant issues

- If I go to the party audio configurations for Xbox Game Bar, it shows that the input and output are working perfectly, but whenever I connect to a party I get the error and NO INPUT is recieved, while the OUTPUT works fine.

Xbox Game Bar works perfect on my other pc so I can only assume that this is an integration issue with Intel, Dell, and windows. I am assuming this has something to do with the 12th gen i9 I am running Game Bar on.

Here are all of my system properties and headset information so that this issue may be replicated:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name XXXXXXXXXXXXX

System Manufacturer Dell Inc.

System Model XPS 8950

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU 0AAC

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K, 3200 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.2.1, 3/25/2022

SMBIOS Version 3.4

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.

BaseBoard Product 0R6PCT

BaseBoard Version A01

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State On

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.22000.527"

User Name XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 63.7 GB

Available Physical Memory 49.5 GB

Total Virtual Memory 73.2 GB

Available Virtual Memory 55.4 GB

Page File Space 9.50 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection On

Virtualization-based security Running

Virtualization-based security Required Security Properties

Virtualization-based security Available Security Properties Base Virtualization Support, Secure Boot, DMA Protection, UEFI Code Readonly, SMM Security Mitigations 1.0, Mode Based Execution Control, APIC Virtualization

Virtualization-based security Services Configured

Virtualization-based security Services Running

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Headset Information:

CORSAIR VIRTUOSO SE WIRELESS GAMING HEADSET

:)

Sam hates u, Jul 2, 2022
  2. XBF - Dom Win User

'Something went wrong with your Microphone' When in a party in xbox game bar

Hello TravisMasterson,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Can you verify that your Xbox app, Xbox Game Bar and Gaming Services are all updated to their latest versions? You can do that by following the steps below:

Open the Xbox App

• Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "About" on the left panel
    The first set of numbers under "Version" will display the current version of your Xbox App.

Current versions:

Xbox App: 2112.1001.10.0

Gaming Services: 3.60.12001.0

Xbox Game Bar: 5.721.12013.0

Can you also check the following settings in your Sound Control Panel?

- Open your Settings

- Select System

- Select Sound

- Navigate to More sound settings and select it. The Sound Control Panel should open up.

- Once in the Sound Control Panel, navigate to the device you are looking to use and

- Right-click the device and select Properties

Once you are in the Properties menu, you should see several tabs

- Select the Enhancements tab if available and check the "Disable all enhancements" box if enabled

- Next, select the Advanced tab and under "Exclusive Mode" enable the two checkboxes titled "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority" if available

Once you've made the changes, select Apply, restart your device and launch the app to verify if the changes have solved your problem.

Looking forward to hearing back,

XBF Dom
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello O'Hehir Patrick,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand how important it is for you to have your microphone recognized by the Xbox Game Bar app. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We appreciate you for sharing the troubleshooting you have performed. To better isolate your issue, we would like to ask for details about your issue.

1. Please share a screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information.
    2. Are we part of the Xbox Insider or Windows (PC) Insider?
    3. Is your microphone built-in to your headset? May we know the make and model?
    4. When did this issue happen?
    5. What is the make and model of your computer? Is your computer customized?
    6. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Method 1:

Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows

If you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.

Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows. Especially the drivers for sounds and microphone.

NVIDIA

AMD

Method 2:

Please use this guide for repairing Xbox Game bar.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Select the app you want to fix (Xbox Game Bar). Select the Advanced options link under the name of the Microsoft Store. On the page that opens, select Repair if it's available. If it isn't available, select Reset.

Method 3: Run system scans

Run a full system scan. This will check and restore corrupted system files.

In Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.

Copy the command below one line at a time and paste it on Command Prompt:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your microphone. Try changing your party audio settings."

Hello Sam,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your microphone. Try changing your party audio settings."

Thanks for your prompt response, Sam.

Let us isolate the issue to make sure we'll see the resolution for this.

1. May we know if you can record your voice while wearing your headset on the Voice Recorder app from Windows?
      • Please try to connect your headset in wired and wireless connection. If any case, you will notice any error message, please post a screenshot. Please conceal any personal information.
      • Please try to connect other headset too, see if you can record using the built-in mic.
      • Try other recording apps like PowerPoint (launch PowerPoint > Insert > Audio > add name and record audio).
    2. By any chance is the headset you are using is connected to PC with headphone jack or USB type?
    3. When did this issue happen? Was there a recent Windows update or new application installed on your device?
    Please try to perform suggested troubleshooting below:

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows and if you have issues with update, please check the troubleshooting steps available here - Troubleshoot problems updating Windows.
    2. Please do the update of drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Note: Please make sure you know your credentials before proceeding to the next steps. If in doubt, try to manually sign in here: Microsoft Account | Home.
      • Log out from Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Make sure there is no account remain logged into those apps.
      • Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app (if using). Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
      • Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
    4. Reinstall Gaming Services.
      • Launch Microsoft Store then search for Xbox app and select Get or Install or Update. After installation of the app close the Microsoft Store.
      • Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
      • Type this command, press enter and wait:
        Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
    5. Restart and update Xbox app (Xbox app, Xbox Gaming Services)
    6. Disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    Kindly update us how the troubleshooting went and we look forward for your response on the question.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Error when joining/starting a party on Xbox Game Bar: "Something went wrong with your... - Similar Threads - Error joining starting

2. "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later" error when attempting to join a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later" error when attempting to join a...: Both were working perfectly fine yesterday and the error appeared tonight. I've tried repairing and resetting the associated apps on my PC. I have made sure my privacy settings were set correctly....
  3. Every time I join a party or host one and someone joins me it gives me and error code and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Every time I join a party or host one and someone joins me it gives me and error code and...: Every time I join a party or host one and someone joins me it gives me and error code and then later disconnects me from the party. I have tried the hard restarts, restarting your router, signing...
  4. Ark survival evolved join failed (error)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ark survival evolved join failed (error): Hello I’m trying to play ark survival evolved with my girlfriend from Europe and it keeps saying join failed or just freezes her games meanwhile my other friends are able to join just fine I don’t...
  5. Error joining account.microsoft.com/family/home

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error joining account.microsoft.com/family/home: Whenever I join the site account.microsoft.com/family/home I get an error message showing "Something isn't working on our end. Wait a bit, then try here again. TraceID: h0MfHzLVG0W7RGBp.32.48"...
  6. cannot start or join a party without it disconnecting and giving me the error 0x80072EFF.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    cannot start or join a party without it disconnecting and giving me the error 0x80072EFF.: cannot start or join a party without it disconnecting and giving me the error 0x80072EFF. Have searched and tried every available fix i could find and none worked. I am on Xbox one X my connection...
  7. Can’t start or join any parties- error code 0x8923103D

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t start or join any parties- error code 0x8923103D: At first I couldnt connect to only a few random friends on xbox. In the last two weeks I can’t join anyones party or even start one. My nat type always shows open also. I have tried to fix it with...
  8. Xbox App unable to start or join a party error code 0x80072EFF

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App unable to start or join a party error code 0x80072EFF: ive had this problem for over a month now with no help from either Xbox support or Windows 10 support none of there advice has helped with fixing this problem, im getting the message We are unable...
  9. Offline when Im not offline, and I cant join or start a party as a error always occurs when I ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline when Im not offline, and I cant join or start a party as a error always occurs when I ...: So, I looked up the same problem named Offline when I'm not Offline? I have read the advice given and I tried it, the problem did not fix itself. My problem is that, first off, ever since I bought...
  10. I can not join or start a party with my friends. Error 0x87b20c19 it doesn't register in error ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not join or start a party with my friends. Error 0x87b20c19 it doesn't register in error ...: I can not join or start a party with my friends. Error 0x87b20c19 it doesn't register in error help! This started Friday evening in the middle of gaming in a party with friends. I haven't been...