Error when adding friends. On Xbox. They can add me but I can’t add them

Discus and support Error when adding friends. On Xbox. They can add me but I can’t add them in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I’m not sure what’s happening I used to be able to add friends from Xbox console and app and now I’m unable to do either... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by cairo-montell kaikaicoote, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Error when adding friends. On Xbox. They can add me but I can’t add them

I’m not sure what’s happening I used to be able to add friends from Xbox console and app and now I’m unable to do either

:)

cairo-montell kaikaicoote, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Cairo, try to add your friends by downloading the app on your phone, please.

If it gives an error, tell me the exact message please

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Settings?rtc=1&a...

Go to the top right corner, click on your avatar

click on my microsoft account

will open a tab written my personal information

Click, and go to the date of birth

Change to 18+

After that if the error continues then it is some network restriction

So you just need to configure your internet devices now.

They are unconfigured, so have access restrictions, causing these errors.

If you do not have knowledge, I advise you to contact the ISP that they will do for you

set a fixed ip for the console/PC, open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you have a modem and a router the process has to be done on both devices.

Put console/PC IP in DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

You can ask ISP(Internet Service Provider) for help
  4. cairo-montell kaikai Win User

I tried via the Xbox app it says something went wrong try again later it’s been doing that for a week now
  5. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Adding New Friends

Hey there, GeneralTans15

Have you tried adding them though the Xbox App on Windows 10, or Smart Glass for Xbox One, on other devices yet?

You may also want to see if you can add your friends through the Xbox live website. You can do so, though this link here:

live.xbox.com/.../Profile
    and click onto friends. Sometimes, with the Xbox One, it can lag when adding people as friends. When I add someone, it takes about an hour for the notification to pop up on their screens, telling them that I have added them as
    a friend.

So I have more of an idea what could be causing this issue, as well, could you please provide any error messages you, or your friends, receive when trying to add each other though the Xbox One?

If you don't get an error message/code, please try though the website, as that should display an error message or code for you, if there is a problem with adding someone.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
  6. catigerman72 Win User

Help me get this straight...

The way it works is a bit cumbersome. When you "add a friend", which used to send a request, it now just adds them to your friends list, and adds you to their followers list. In order for you to be on their friends list they have to go into their follwers
    list, and click on "add as friend". Their are quite a few friends Ive added from threads on the forums for various games, that dont know this because Im still just following them, they have not added as a friend.
Thema:

1. Error when adding friends. On Xbox. They can add me but I can’t add them - Similar Threads - Error adding friends

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wifi will not connect I have tried everything. Just an error comes up. It's not the wifi...: My wifi is not working on my 360. Everything else works just not my Xbox, I've tried everything it still doesn't work c03a0dd0-c5ba-40e3-b044-808a69628479
  4. Error code

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code: Hello, I can’t sign into my Xbox profile after it first turns on, and this is an error code that popped up: (0xCFFFFC16). Any help would be appreciated, thanks! 6f6d7614-f361-47bf-bf8f-7b40c3c4b26e
  5. Adding Payment Info on Dev Mode page gives "InvalidRequestData" error

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adding Payment Info on Dev Mode page gives "InvalidRequestData" error: When signing up for a developer mode account while adding/saving payment information I get the following error "InvalidRequestData" {"error_code":"InvalidRequestData","message":"Invalid failure...
  6. I added my debit card for pc gamepass but it's error pur processor declined means please...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I added my debit card for pc gamepass but it's error pur processor declined means please...: What is means of pur processor declined 61ea4b94-4605-460b-a6f4-e96a7b66422c
  7. Bought MSFS premium deluxe ad after hours of installing a CDC error occurred with Disc 9...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought MSFS premium deluxe ad after hours of installing a CDC error occurred with Disc 9...: Started back from Disc 1 and again after another 2-3 hours the same error occurred but on Disc 5 this time. What is the problem and how can it be resolved. The whole set up is brand new. PC, disc...
  8. Xbox refer a friend and get rewarded Xbox home screen Xbox sponsored ad error

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox refer a friend and get rewarded Xbox home screen Xbox sponsored ad error: OK i was told to come here by another user because this supposedly not a Xbox live rewards error. anyways the error so i logged in to my Xbox One before i clicked resume watch_dogs i saw an Xbox...
  9. I know that I have to watch the ad for free coins but, i keep getting an error about the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I know that I have to watch the ad for free coins but, i keep getting an error about the ...: I know that I have to watch the ad for free coins but, i keep getting an error about the purchase didn't go through. the viewing of ad doesn't happen and I don't get the coins. I don't know why...
  10. PURCHASE ERROR on WATCH AD for TICKETS, etc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PURCHASE ERROR on WATCH AD for TICKETS, etc.: I have tried for at least 4 days to watch the ads for TICKETS and COINS in Microsoft BINGO. I continuously receive the below ERROR... Please help. Thank you. PURCHASE ERROR Your purchase cannot...