Error Updating after Factory Refresh

Discus and support Error Updating after Factory Refresh in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I wanted to change my enrollment from Alpha Skip-Ahead to Omega on my Xbox Series X and it tried to do the factory refresh but is stuck on "There was a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mattstralia, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Error Updating after Factory Refresh

I wanted to change my enrollment from Alpha Skip-Ahead to Omega on my Xbox Series X and it tried to do the factory refresh but is stuck on "There was a problem with the update"

Source OS: 10.0.25204.1001 Target OS: 10.0.22621.1836 Error: 0x80072EE2 0x00000000 0x00000206

Network connection test is fine.

I suspect it's a version mismatch but I believe I can't use the public OSU to do a recovery.

What can I do?

submitted by /u/mattstralia
    [link] [comments]

/u/mattstralia, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

"Done all trouble shooting, reset Xbox, updated firmware offline same problem"

If your console is enrolled in a Insiders preview OS you cannot use OSU1 (offline system update) to recover the console from E206 error.

Factory refresh the console keeping games and apps.

If you are NOT in a Insiders preview and want to attempt an offline system update, make sure you disconnect your wired ethernet connection before starting OSU1.

Personally I wouldn't bother with offline update and go straight to Factory refresh deleting everything if keeping games and apps fails to reset the console.

After factory refresh, reconnecting your console to your network should start a system update download to the latest OS available.

See also ....Whats new system updates in the Hardware section of Xbox support articles and /or search for E206 on that site.
  3. bowski477 Win User

Can i be removed from the preview program

"After electing to remove a console, it may take up to 72 hours before the removal is complete, during which time you may still receive console, game, or app updates. As part of the removal process your console may undergo a factory refresh.
    If a factory refresh is required, your games and apps will not be erased; however, any profiles or system settings saved to the console will need to be restored after the factory refresh is complete."

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/xbox-insider-program#54a23f90b07342d6bfbe1321eafb92c9

If you have further questions about the insider program you can find the insider staff over at reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox one doesn´t work (insider update)

Looks like you have 2 options left , Factory Refresh (Delete everything) and/or Console repair.
  5. Lokyor Ferros Win User

Xbox one doesn´t work (insider update)

So I left it on for some time, and then I factory refreshed, but it still goes to the E105 0000000 8007001F error
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

I want to to leave the insider forum program

If you no longer wish to participate as an Xbox Insider and would like to unenroll your console from the program
    you should remove it from the Xbox Insider Program by navigating to
    Settings > Manage Devices, scrolling to your device marked
    (current), selecting it and selecting Done.
    After electing to remove a console, it may take up to 72 hours before the removal is complete, during which time you may still receive console, game, or app updates. As part of the removal process your console may undergo a factory refresh. If
    a factory refresh is required, your games and apps will not be erased; however, any profiles or system settings saved to the console will need to be restored after the factory refresh is complete.
Thema:

Error Updating after Factory Refresh

1. Error Updating after Factory Refresh - Similar Threads - Error Updating Factory

2. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and had been slow for a few days, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 74% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't I press the option to factory reset and it...
  3. Factory Reset One X wont update stuck in errors E10***

in XboX Insiders
    Factory Reset One X wont update stuck in errors E10***: i am a member of the insider program and have factory reset my xbox one x for sale. the buyer tried to update it and couldnt sort it out. ive looked into this and it appears this is an issue with...
  4. Xbox update error during factory reset after network connection issues. Error code...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox update error during factory reset after network connection issues. Error code...: I've run into a problem with my Xbox and I don't know how to solve it. I was having an issue where the Xbox connecting to the network but when I tried to access any content that requires network...
  5. E100 ERROR: CONSOLE IS NOW A BRICK AFTER MAY UPDATE: CAN'T BE FACTORY RESET

in XboX Insiders
    E100 ERROR: CONSOLE IS NOW A BRICK AFTER MAY UPDATE: CAN'T BE FACTORY RESET: I have a Xbox One X, black, 500 GB from the Gears of War bundle. Bought off Amazon about 3 years ago. Been having issues with Blu Ray not reading discs and prompting me to prove ownership of game...
  6. Error with Factory reset unable to proceed with update

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Factory reset unable to proceed with update: So I attempted a factory reset after a failed 1911.191007-1945 install So now after doing the factory reset when its trying to do the update during the first run of the installer I get the...
  7. Getting Update error code 0x8B05000F 0x00000000 0x90070007. Tried multiple times, factory...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Update error code 0x8B05000F 0x00000000 0x90070007. Tried multiple times, factory...: Getting Update error code 0x8B05000F 0x00000000 0x90070007. Tried multiple times, factory resets. Nothing works. e7c77226-3cb2-4ae1-b15d-54dbdeafe9c1
  8. Error message E203 - One S stalls every time trying to factory reset or USB update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error message E203 - One S stalls every time trying to factory reset or USB update: Xbox One S won't load up at all, have tried both factory reset and USB update, both stall out (factory reset at 50% every time, USB update at 78% every time), shut down, and turns back on with...
  9. Error message E203 - One S stalls every time trying to factory reset or USB update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error message E203 - One S stalls every time trying to factory reset or USB update: Xbox One S won't load up at all, have tried both factory reset and USB update, both stall out (factory reset at 50% every time, USB update at 78% every time), shut down, and turns back on with...
  10. E200, E101 Error, I've tried Offline System Update and Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    E200, E101 Error, I've tried Offline System Update and Factory Reset: I can't start my Xbox since the Error E200 is showing, I tried the Offline System Update with OSU1 files and still couldn't because of the preview program (My OS is...