Error Starting MWII - Forcing me to purchase even though I already own it.

Discus and support Error Starting MWII - Forcing me to purchase even though I already own it. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased Modern Warfare 2 (2022) a couple weeks ago and have been able to play it since. I just installed a new update, and now when I try... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Luke Bird, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Luke Bird
    Luke Bird Guest

Hello,

I purchased Modern Warfare 2 (2022) a couple weeks ago and have been able to play it since. I just installed a new update, and now when I try to launch MWII from the home menu, it gives me a message telling me I need to purchase the game even though I already have. If there’s any way to fix this issue it would be really appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Luke Bird, Jan 14, 2023
  2. Luke Bird Win User

Thanks for the info! I tried everything except for the factory reset, but now there are more issues.

The whole MWII game application now won’t open, and instead gives me a message that says I’m not connected to the internet even though I am.

There’s also a second game that won’t open and gives me a message that I need to sign into the account that purchased the game. However, I am the account that purchased the game.

Other games open and play fine, and I also tried removing my account from the Xbox and resigning in.

A very confusing experience considering I’ve never had any issues with my console in the 2 years I’ve had it.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Check that your Xbox Live Gold subscription is active and has not expired.

Make sure your Xbox is connected to the internet and the connection is stable.

Check the Xbox Live Service Status page to see if there are any known issues that could be causing your problem.

Try clearing the system cache on your Xbox by going to Settings > System > Storage > Clear local saved games.

Try resetting the Xbox's licensing components by going to Settings > System > Console info & updates > Reset console.
  4. Jseef224 Win User

Friend interaction problems GTA 5

I am still having problems with being able to join and invite friends on GTA Online. It still forces you to try to buy it even though you already own it.
  5. transmitstudio Win User

Sniper elite 5 New DLC will not install - Xbox one S

I have same problem the DLC Landing Force is owned, but will not open. How do I fix this on my XBox One? Thanks in advance
    I have the same problem, but with all the SE5 DLC. When I select any of the missions, it makes me log in to my account even though I'm already in, then tells me that I already own it. Yeah, I know, now let me play it!
  6. Pyro Beavis Win User

Doctor who season pass

I refreshed my Purchase History and even checked out commerce.microsoft.com. My statement there says that I was able to purchase the individual episode, even though I already own the season pass.
Thema:

1. Error Starting MWII - Forcing me to purchase even though I already own it. - Similar Threads - Error Starting MWII

2. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  3. Error code when trying to start MSFS

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code when trying to start MSFS: When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can fix this error....
  4. Why am i getting a Gashes.exe could not be started error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i getting a Gashes.exe could not be started error?: its annoying And i wanna show but this Blasted Site wont Let me! 201af5a4-b38d-4a8f-9666-f01aced7e075
  5. I had to update my XboxOne about August 2021 and before it started i got an error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I had to update my XboxOne about August 2021 and before it started i got an error code...: The only thing i have found is the problem is for the 360 not the One. My profile is on my friends account and he will not give me the info i need to ask for Xbox for help, i would love to play my...
  6. Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield crashes upon starting new game with no error message.: The title says it all. I installed Starfield on my PC with a free month trial of Game Pass that came with it. However, I cannot play the game. Whenever I select "New Game" the game loads for a...
  7. Error message- %2 took too long to start. (0x80070079)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message- %2 took too long to start. (0x80070079): I have a game, Call of Duty 3, installed on my 4TB external hard drive, that I am trying to transfer to the internal storage. I made sure I have more available space than needed. However, the...
  8. Why am I getting "Error Code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 )

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting "Error Code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 ): For XBOX ONE Console... Why am I getting an "error code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 ) The "Error Code" ( DEV ERROR 5479 ) pops up twice after it loads into the...
  9. How do I fix the error code "20002, open service failed", when trying to start Fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix the error code "20002, open service failed", when trying to start Fortnite.: I keep getting an error code while trying to boot up Fortnite. It's 20002, open service failed, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. However, it only pops up about 80-90% of the time I try...
  10. A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A game displaying Error code: (0xc06d007e). Not starting.: A game on the xbox app for pc is displaying 'Error code: (0xc06d007e)' and saying 'game crashed' as soon as I try to start it. I have recently had to re-install/update it, which the game forced me...