Error on initial set up- problem with update

Discus and support Error on initial set up- problem with update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; new Xbox. Initial set up downloaded update ok then when updating error message keeps popping up " check network connection". I cannot access menu... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BipedPuma2, Dec 25, 2015.

1. BipedPuma2
    BipedPuma2 Guest

new Xbox. Initial set up downloaded update ok then when updating error message keeps popping up " check network connection". I cannot access menu settings from controller. wifi download went fine so not sure what connection issue is

:)

BipedPuma2, Dec 25, 2015
  2. 0x8b05008e Brand new xbox....setting up and update wont go past 10%. Getti g this code: 0x8b05008e

0x8b05008e. What is this error? Cant grt by initial set up update of new xbox

Player197913411, Dec 25, 2015
  3. steviep12345
    steviep12345 Guest
    Initial set up

It wasn't the 1st time i played. But thanks anyway

steviep12345, Dec 25, 2015
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

It appears your console is dropping its network connection. Are you connecting using wireless or ethernet cable?

{Parity}, Dec 26, 2015
  5. BipedPuma2
    BipedPuma2 Guest
    it is wireless. The update was downloaded properly but then it went to install the update is where the problem is. This is not right for a $400 machine. I should not have to waste time with trouble shooting. I tried the manual update with a flash drive
    and that did not resolve the problem. I much prefer return for a PS4 unless you have an easy fix.

BipedPuma2, Oct 31, 2018
  6. BipedPuma2 Win User

it is wireless. The update was downloaded properly but then it went to install the update is where the problem is. This is not right for a $400 machine. I should not have to waste time with trouble shooting. I tried the manual update with a flash drive
    and that did not resolve the problem. I much prefer return for a PS4 unless you have an easy fix.
  7. {Parity} Win User

It appears your console is dropping its network connection. Are you connecting using wireless or ethernet cable?
  8. Soiledcape9918 Win User

Error code 0x800704cf

Alright, so as I was going through the initial set up after the reset, my xbox began to update itself and the error code

0x8B0500B6 0x00000000 0x00000201 came up. Saying that there was an update error. I checked my connection and the same problem as before appeared.
  9. Mex420xStoned Win User

Problems with initial set up, 

What kind of controller did you get like brand name? Is that the one that came in with the system or was this an after market purchase to add more remotes? I've only seen Xbox One controllers made by Microsoft/Xbox so if it's like a aftermarket brand like
    those pelican remotes i know of some people who have had problems with those aftermarket ones but never the one from the actual company that's why I don't mind paying the extra 5-10 dollars more cause I have y have anything made from the same company and not
    work such has the Microsoft remotes

Have you tried to assign that remote to a profile yet? Cause if its not a cheap after market brand and its from Microsoft depending where you bought it you should have some kind of return or exchange policy like Walmart i know has 30 days on electronics
    even things small as a remote. What kind of remote is it and where did u get it? U said that white light in the middle top with Xbox kinda new logo in black kinda,right?
  10. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Problems with initial set up, 

Try a hard re-boot if you haven't already. Also, be patient with it. The first updates take time. Do not shut off in the middle of an update or you really will have some problems.
Thema:

1. Error on initial set up- problem with update - Similar Threads - Error initial set

2. "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    "there was an error communicating with the server" - Forza Horizon 5: For the past 10 months, I've been unable to play fh5 multiplayer (auction house works though but not horizon life or eliminator). I believe that it is because of my Teredo state which I cannot fix...
  3. error code 8015190A

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015190A: Can not download profile to my 360....keep getting this error...send help d0d043d8-9d29-4a0c-a82c-067d671f5285
  4. Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a fix for the “Cant connect to DHPC server” error on my Xbox One S?: About 4 days ago out of the blue my Xbox One S wouldn’t connect to the internet (I have an Ethernet cable and no wireless internet in range to be able to connect to.) when I would try and test the...
  5. DNS error 80151903 on xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error 80151903 on xbox360: I keep getting a dns error when testing connecting WiFi this is my first time and when I turn Xbox on it says the 80151903 3237def7-6908-4517-aef8-73335ac9f7cf
  6. Is there a workaround for error 8b05000f?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a workaround for error 8b05000f?: Xbox update fails at about 83%. No luck restarting or reseting. 5359276a-0f04-4b7c-9906-1c4fc86a7862
  7. Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue screen error whenever I try to open Elden Ring: I specifically started running into this issue after the dlc for Elden Ring went live on steam. I got the game to run smoothly once yesterday, but today I'm no longer having any success getting...
  8. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  9. User save storage could not be initialized. Error code: 0x80004004

in XBoX Games and Apps
    User save storage could not be initialized. Error code: 0x80004004: I have been playing Starfield in my console, a Xbox One X, through the Cloud Gaming for a while now and have been having some connection issues in which the game would crash in the middle...
  10. Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Xbox series s user storage could not be initialized error code 0x80004004: I have put in multiple hours into the game and all of a sudden got this error message I have tried everything from restarting my Xbox uninstalling the game resetting my cash and I have checked my...