Error in replacing email address for Microsoft account.

Discus and support Error in replacing email address for Microsoft account. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I added a new alias to my Microsoft account which was an outlook email address I created specifically as an alias. I then turned the new email address... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by UnwrittenCat, Oct 28, 2022.

1. UnwrittenCat
    UnwrittenCat Guest

I added a new alias to my Microsoft account which was an outlook email address I created specifically as an alias. I then turned the new email address into the primary email and removed by previous email address from my account. I assumed this would replace that email with the new one in every aspect, however, the verification email was still the existing email address. I figured out how to change this however, I couldn't make the new account another email for verification, as it was already in the security system. For this reason, I replaced the new alias with the existing alias to remove it from the security system and add it as a verification email to replace the existing one. Once I sent the code to the new alias email address, I couldn't access the emails in outlook as the email was no longer associated with the Microsoft account. I tried to add the new alias as the secondary alias and resend the code so that I could access the code sent and I believed that as a non-primary alias it would not be connected to the security system. This was incorrect and when I entered the code, the email could not be used as it was already in the security system. Eventually, after more trial and error, I can no longer add more aliases to the Microsoft account due to the restrictions meaning you cannot add too many aliases in a certain amount of time. From what I've seen, I'll have to wait 1 year until I can add more aliases and replace the email address. If anyone understands this, is there any way that I can add new aliases and replace the email sooner?

:)

UnwrittenCat, Oct 28, 2022
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

you have to wait 1 week before adding or changing aliases if you have tried to many times, not 1 year.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this UNWRITTENCAT

I understand that right now you can't add more aliases to your Microsoft account. Unfortunately if the system is telling you that you need to wait this 1 year time. Unfortunately no one can speed up or bypass this process
  4. onyxishere Win User

Can't download my Gamertag cause when I do it, there is a wrong Profile?!

Sounds like support helped you use your Microsoft Account (email address) to create a new gamertag. This could be the reason you're experiencing this error.

What you should try to do is switch the email address associated with this new gamertag. Sign into it on the console and follow the instructions at the link to change the email associated with the account. Be sure you've created a new dummy email address
    to replace it.

support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-account-faq

Good luck.
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Profile Email

Hey there JacybPorter,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, when you update the primary email address (alias) to a Microsoft account you are simply replacing the old one. Unfortunately there is no way to actually move the Xbox profile to a new Microsoft account.

Just be aware that replacing the alias will delete the old one and replace it with the new one, in other words if replaced it will delete your dads alias and replace it with the new one.

You can find more information by following the link below:

I hope this helps.
  6. L Dubs89 Win User

xbox Live account is attached to my dads email and his xbox live account is attached to mine

Hi there,

You can change the email address associated with microsoft accounts by following the steps here. From these
    steps you can designate a new prime alias for your account, and it will replace the email address that is being deleted (talk talk).
Thema:

1. Error in replacing email address for Microsoft account. - Similar Threads - Error replacing email

2. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...
  3. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  4. System error E102 on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    System error E102 on Xbox One S: I turn on my xbox and saw System error E102 it tried to update but didn't fully do it and now I can't get it of my troubleshooting page. I have tried restarting UT, resetting it, and tried to...
  5. error signing in

in XBoX on Windows
    error signing in: every time I try to sign in to the Xbox website, it redirects me to a page where it says "give us a moment while we sign you out" or "pick an account to sign out of", but it never actually signs...
  6. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  7. Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sea of Thieves repeated Hazelnutbeard error: Sea of thieves won't work through steam. I've tried all suggested fixes, re-enabled teredo, updated all my drivers, even set up port forwarding specifically for SOT's steam servers. Disabled VPN,...
  8. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  9. 8c50005 error

in XBoX on Consoles
    8c50005 error: I cannot register a payment card on my Xbox, I always get error code 8c50005 even though my payment information is on the website de302a39-3061-450a-843d-68fa4399c4d1
  10. Error con la actualcion de insiders program

in XboX Insiders
    Error con la actualcion de insiders program: hola tengo una xbox one x que tiene el programa insiders instalado y no tengo la cuenta original para desabilitarlo debido a que me la regalo mi hermano y el no se acuerda de su cuenta y habia...