Error E106 Boot loop after Hard drive replacement

Discus and support Error E106 Boot loop after Hard drive replacement in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After my Xbox One Fat had been really sluggish and laggy for a few months, the other day it simply went to a dark screen and wouldn't boot up, after a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RobertoMuller Rios, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Error E106 Boot loop after Hard drive replacement

After my Xbox One Fat had been really sluggish and laggy for a few months, the other day it simply went to a dark screen and wouldn't boot up, after a lot of troubleshooting I managed to get it up and running for a couple of days before it became laggy again, and now it wouldn't get pass the download section whenever I tried to reset it or do the offline update.

Whilst I was trying to troubleshoot I started hearing the hard drive clicking and found that with the error messages I was having it was probably a hard drive issue, so I tried swapping the internal HDD with a 2 TB one I had in an external enclosure which I know for a fact is good but after formatting it, swapping them and trying to use OSU 1 and OSU2 to but it up I'm stuck on the troubleshooting menu with E106 00000009 80070002, whenever I try to reset the xbox it just doesn't get past 6%, so I'm looking if maybe I have to use another version of the OSU file or if its's something else.

My OS Version is 22621.1806.amd64fre.xb_fit_2208ni.220812-2200

Also, if there is an official guide to swapping the xbox HDD, I'd appreciate it since I was just following guides from YouTube. Besides, I don't think that for what this console is worth today it is worth sending it in for a repair since for the price, I think it is probably better to just save for one of the new ones

Absolutely any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

RobertoMuller Rios, Aug 20, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this RobertoMuller

According to the troubleshooting errors guide, if the offline update doesn't solve your issue.
    It seems that as you said the console needs to be repaired due to there is an internal issue with it.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Microsoft doesn't announced an official guide about swapping the HDD.
    So, the guides available are the one from YouTube or ifixit (not official)
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

New to Xbox One S/X, Differences in OSU files from Xbox Site?

Yeah, error E101 is not very descriptive

But if you search videos or posts related to error E106, in some cases the error points to a failure in the internal hard drive (that can be fixed replacing it)
  4. joaohw Win User

microsoft needs to make a tool to restore Xbox bios or backup (don't ignore me please)

And how am I supposed to update my Xbox when it's in an infinite loop of errors E101 and E106 because the startup is damaged?
  5. ECereal Win User

Console stuck in restart loop after initiating download

I seem to have the same issue. Xbox 360 Slim console started a restart loop after I started download of FREE Crackdown game. I pulled the hard drive, cancelled the download and it stopped the restart loop. Reinserted HD and everything is fine. Attemped
    the D/L of Crackdown again the the restart loop happened again. This HD isn't that old either. Is there something else to try before replacing the HD?
  6. Realgrahamd64 Win User

Xbox one power on and disc eject issues

Hi, thanks for reply.

I bought it pre-owned from a store. I think it possibly could be the internal drive. The other weird thing is sometimes it won't even boot with a disc in the drive. Just earlier I had been playing fifa from disc, gone back to the home menu, ejected the
    disc normally and placed in Halo MCC. It was as if the console did not recognize the new disc, so I restarted the console and it hung on splash screen. No errors, just the xbox logo like an infinite loop. I ejected the disc while it was "hanging" and it booted
    normally. I put Halo MCC in after boot and game runs. External drive had been formatted with xbox, most games are stored on external hard drive. It's like the dvd/bluray drive and external usb attachments interrupt the bootup of the internal hard drive. I
    haven't had any issues with the hdd reading/writing. Never had any errors or corrupt files. Hdd works normally with usb attachments after boot.

Sometimes a disc won't eject and/or fails to recognize newly inserted disc. Only solution is to reset and eject disk on startup.
Thema:

1. Error E106 Boot loop after Hard drive replacement - Similar Threads - Error E106 Boot

2. Offline Update Xbox one S - Error E101 and E106

in XboX Insiders
    Offline Update Xbox one S - Error E101 and E106: Is the OSU1 file already updated on the support website? I just noticed that a new update for the Xbox was released in March. I need to update my console offline, and currently, I'm on OS version...
  3. My xbox has an error E106 00000009 and the offline update doesnt work.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox has an error E106 00000009 and the offline update doesnt work.: my xbox has a error code 106 00000009, i tried everything, so i tryed doing an offline system update but my xbox turns off every time the update reaches its second phase. Any one know what to do?...
  4. Xbox one X black screen when I try to turn on the console, error messages of E106 OR E102

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X black screen when I try to turn on the console, error messages of E106 OR E102: My Xbox one X was working just fine, but then in crashed during a game. I force the xbox one x off. Then when i try to turn it on, all I get is a black screen. I tried to factory reset the...
  5. Stuck in system error loop of E106 E101 and E102 and nothing will fix it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stuck in system error loop of E106 E101 and E102 and nothing will fix it.: Yesterday, I got the error E106 when I turned on my Xbox One S, but after I downloaded OSU1 onto a USB and updated the console it was slow, but I could still play games, so I thought nothing of it...
  6. xbox Error e102 and e106 after factory reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox Error e102 and e106 after factory reset.: Today early at 4:00AM I got up to play on Xbox, only to discover it wasn't showing up on my tv. I thought my capture card broke but to my surprise, when I plugged it directly to my tv it didn't...
  7. Is there an easy fix to the error code E106

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there an easy fix to the error code E106: How do I fix the error code E106? The the power went off in the middle of an update, would this cause the console to turn on but not load? Please help me !! 06dfd6a1-7650-4d12-8fe0-0cb7aa266f2b
  8. Fix for the E106 boot loop error!

in XboX Insiders
    Fix for the E106 boot loop error!: [IMG] submitted by /u/LeMichell [link] [comments]
  9. Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help!

in XboX Insiders
    Error E101 / E106 can’t reset/update/boot, please help!: So right now my XBOX ONE X is unusable. I was in the Insider Program for a while and then one day while playing, I got a notification that there was something wrong with my saved games and that I...
  10. I have a Xbox One and cannot boot it up get error code E106 000000002 8007045D

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox One and cannot boot it up get error code E106 000000002 8007045D: Error code for a Xbox 360 after the Green boot up screen E106 00000002 8007045D 4241c27f-d62c-4f6a-9983-8a275d9f8763