Error code when trying to start MSFS

Discus and support Error code when trying to start MSFS in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by George Laskar, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Error code when trying to start MSFS

When I try to start my Microsoft Flight simulator I get an error code 0x80070490 "Something went wrong launching your game". Please advise how I can fix this error.

:)

George Laskar, Feb 10, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi George, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear it.

Have you tried to run a system scan?

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type this command: sfc /scannow

Press Enter.

If any error is found, they will be patched.

Then use the DISM command.

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Let me know if it works!
  3. Georges C. Win User

MSFS not installing

4. rysslass Win User

Flight Simulator 2020. The content access server not available

I had the same problem. It worked after I started MSFS with XBOX app and when I got the error switched back to XBOX app, logged out, not closed, and switched back to MSFS and tried again.
  5. JohnCollinsXM Win User

Microsoft flight simulator 2020 crashes while loading

When i start MSFS 2020 the blue bar appears, when it's half loaded, the game closes suddenly and goes to desktop no fault code.
  6. TDP_aol.com Win User

0x800701b1 in Gaming Services UI when launching Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I have the same problem and it has appeared on 2 of my machines. When it appeared on the first machine using Windows 11 I was able use MSFS by starting in Admin mode. I moved to the second machine using Windows 10 MSFS started normal but crashed to desktop 5 minutes into the game. When I restarted I got the same error screen and the 1st machine. Again I can start in Admin mode but not in normal mode.
Thema:

1. Error code when trying to start MSFS - Similar Threads - Error code trying

2. Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80072741....trying to download....AGAIN....my profile to my 360....i have all...: All the details are in the question....cant get ant help from support as they don't offer a chat option for this issue and the AI is dumb 88af6598-6393-44f5-9a6c-1042b508c4be
  3. My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one S is throwing up error code 0x80248014 when I try to install YouTube, it's a...: It's a Xbox one s that I just bought off of a friend of mine, he said it didn't do that when he had it so I'm trying to figure out what the problem might be 65a0d12a-c8b2-49f0-a9ae-7124a1da3112
  4. I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...: I have over the last year been encountering this error. There are times that I can play like normal but then the error comes back randomly. It at times will last for a few days to weeks. It is...
  5. verytime I launch xbox app on pc it gives me an error code and when i try to check my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    verytime I launch xbox app on pc it gives me an error code and when i try to check my...: I've tried literally everything in youtube videos I'm starting to think its because of windows 11. d86fda47-838b-4351-9d9d-e0048f134973
  6. PC: Getting error code 0x800704c6 when I try and download anything however I am connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC: Getting error code 0x800704c6 when I try and download anything however I am connected...: I have recently installed additional ram however in the process fried my old ram which resulted in multiple BSOD due to the faulty ram. I replaced my old ram with the new ram I purchased along...
  7. Error code 0x8924000D when trying to join party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Error code 0x8924000D when trying to join party: When I join or someone else joins a party I’m in it disconnects me and shows error code 0x8924000D 3843af8b-4e32-4079-8947-004f9f60f3ca
  8. Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live: Error code 801519e trying to play 360 game using xbox one … cant login to xbox live 5258ef95-6cff-4136-82cb-4f8ad899b6fa
  9. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  10. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...: Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI...