Error code on startup, other issues

Discus and support Error code on startup, other issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Error code 0x80040900 xbox one I've been having issues ever since the latest update. My xb1 freezes on startup, will show my "Hello ***" message and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by p0pc0rnm0mma, Oct 20, 2017.

1. p0pc0rnm0mma
    p0pc0rnm0mma Guest

Error code 0x80040900 xbox one

I've been having issues ever since the latest update. My xb1 freezes on startup, will show my "Hello ***" message and then just a black screen, soon after an error code. It won't let me report a problem or do anything else. Anyone have any ideas?

:)

p0pc0rnm0mma, Oct 20, 2017
  2. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Issue Buying BC Game Directly From XB1: L4D2

Quick question, well two really. What was the error code? Did you ask google what the error code meant?

Also, if the xbox is having status issues that can cause stupid error codes to drop. Usually though once you google the code you'll know what the issue is, and if the issue isn't related to the internet, i'd still hit up status page for xbox just to make sure.

Which i'll do before i hit post. Xbox Live Service Status | Xbox Live Service Outage seems everything is normal right now, so hit us up with the error code, i'd try again though.

cross44, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Error message 0x80040900 - unable to launch apps or get to Home

I've started getting this error code lately whenever it logs me in. I'm able to get to the app that launches upon startup of my XBox, but no other. Any recommendations on how to resolve this?

Marla Bennett, Oct 20, 2017
  4. p0pc0rnm0mma
    p0pc0rnm0mma Guest

Also, hard resets do work, but only for a bit.

p0pc0rnm0mma, Oct 20, 2017
  5. Hi p0pc0rnm0mma,

If this occured after you bought straight away, it could be a hardware problem in which I would try and get it sent back and looked at, they may test it and give you a new one.

The error "0x80040900" means Server name cannot be found on the Network (outlook related) which I'm finding it hard to understand why it may be occuring, try resetting the xbox again and see if it's a game or app causing this issue, and report it as soon
    as possible.

If the problem presists, contact support asap

Joshua Adamson, Oct 20, 2017
  6. j Bob
    j Bob Guest
    Been getting this error (Error code 0x80040900) for about three days -- seems to only happen when I'm loading Minecraft (Better together).

j Bob, Oct 22, 2017
  7. skeletonsleg
    skeletonsleg Guest
    try power cycling your xb1 or hard reset

skeletonsleg, Oct 22, 2017
  8. Philip Ott
    Philip Ott Guest

I have also been getting these error codes after playing the new Minecraft, I wouldn't be surprised if that's our issue.

Philip Ott, Nov 1, 2018
  9. p0pc0rnm0mma Win User

Also, hard resets do work, but only for a bit.
  10. j Bob Win User

Been getting this error (Error code 0x80040900) for about three days -- seems to only happen when I'm loading Minecraft (Better together).
  11. Philip Ott Win User

I have also been getting these error codes after playing the new Minecraft, I wouldn't be surprised if that's our issue.
  12. skeletonsleg Win User

try power cycling your xb1 or hard reset
  13. Joshua Adamson Win User

Hi p0pc0rnm0mma,

If this occured after you bought straight away, it could be a hardware problem in which I would try and get it sent back and looked at, they may test it and give you a new one.

The error "0x80040900" means Server name cannot be found on the Network (outlook related) which I'm finding it hard to understand why it may be occuring, try resetting the xbox again and see if it's a game or app causing this issue, and report it as soon
    as possible.

If the problem presists, contact support asap
Thema:

1. Error code on startup, other issues - Similar Threads - Error code startup

2. Xbox boots to startup screen then goes black and gives different error codes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox boots to startup screen then goes black and gives different error codes: I have been trying to figure out what this issue is but cannot find any info online about it. I also cannot get into troubleshoot mode to reset the console and do OSU1. Any idea what this could...
  3. Startup Error Code 208

in XBoX on Consoles
    Startup Error Code 208: What is Startup Error Code 208? I can't find a definition or solution for it. When this error code comes up I have two options on the screen. 1- Restart the xbox or 2- Troubleshoot the issue....
  4. Xbox One Startup Error Code E101 & E100

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Startup Error Code E101 & E100: I am seeing the Something went wrong screen when my Xbox One console start up with an error code E101. I followed the troubleshooting steps for E101 including the Offline System Update using file...
  5. Error code 0x80070490 xbox one x stays on green xbox screen at startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80070490 xbox one x stays on green xbox screen at startup: I'm getting error code to eventually pop up 0x80070490 this is after xbox one x gets stuck on green xbox loading screen when first powering on. Have hard reset 100 times unplugged power cable [Mod...
  6. Xbox One startup error code is blank

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One startup error code is blank: My OG Xbox One got the green screen of death where it hangs on the Xbox loading screen until Half Life 3 comes out. I got to the safe boot menu and tried an update via usb and it gave me a blank...
  7. Xbox One X - Error Code 0x80070490 on Startup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Error Code 0x80070490 on Startup: On my Xbox One X, my son uses it all the time, downloading all kinds of games through my Game Pass. Well he said Fortnite was acting weird so he decided to Restart the Xbox. It looked like it was...
  8. Startup Troubleshoot with NO ERROR CODE

in XBoX Accessibility
    Startup Troubleshoot with NO ERROR CODE: Every time I start up my xbox one I get a "troubleshoot" screen giving me the options of continue, reset to factory settings, offline update and to turn my console off. There is no error code...
  9. Startup error code E100

in XBoX on Consoles
    Startup error code E100: [Mod Removed] microsoft you have killed my xbox one it was working fine till your update tried all the fixes Then at the said my xbox needs to be repaired then offer me your service number...
  10. Startup Error/Invalid Error Code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Startup Error/Invalid Error Code: I have an Xbox One that has been acting up a little bit and now it won’t start up. It will give me the loading screen and then asks to Restart, reset, or troubleshoot. I do NOT want to reset my...