Error Code (0x80bd003b)

Discus and support Error Code (0x80bd003b) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How to connect Seagate Xbox one hard drive to the xbox one console. In storage, it shows connected, but it says that I need a 3.0 usb, when the device... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GinaVallarella, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Error Code (0x80bd003b)

How to connect Seagate Xbox one hard drive to the xbox one console. In storage, it shows connected, but it says that I need a 3.0 usb, when the device is a 3.0usb. Any suggestions?

:)

GinaVallarella, Jan 14, 2020
  2. MoeZArts Win User

Error Code (0x80bd003b)

Try following this video, setting up a seagate external drive with Xbox One S. It shouldn't be any different if you have Xbox One or Xbox One X.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NauUiahNlt8
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Error code 0x80bd003b

Hello Reece Hill,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are having issue using the external hard drive of your Xbox One console. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Error code 0x80bd003b is a common issue that some Xbox One users have reported when trying to use an external hard drive to store their games. This error means that the Xbox One does not recognize the hard drive as a USB 3.0 device, which is required for game storage. There are a few possible solutions that you can try to fix this error:

- Make sure your Xbox One is updated to the latest version. You can check for updates by following the instructions here.

- Make sure your external hard drive is formatted to NTFS. You can do this by connecting it to a PC and following the instructions here. Note that this will erase all the data on the hard drive, so make sure you back up anything important before formatting. For reference, see: How to format a USB flash drive or external storage device to NTFS on Windows | Xbox Support

- Make sure your power mode is set to Instant-on and the option "When Xbox is off, turn off storage" is unselected. You can do this by following the instructions here.

- Try using a different USB cable or port to connect your hard drive to your Xbox One. Sometimes the cable or port might be faulty or loose.

- Try restarting your Xbox One by holding down the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, then pressing it again to turn it on. This will clear the cache and reset the system.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. MoeZArts Win User

Error Code (0x80bd003b)

Try to use a computer that's running a Windows to format the external drive, format it to NTFS then plug it into your Xbox.
  5. GinaVallarella Win User

Error Code (0x80bd003b)

For some reason none of that worked. I see the external harddrive listed under storage, but it will not let me transfer video games under the drive. Only music and pictures it says. It is a 3.0usb hard drive for the xbox one.
  6. GinaVallarella Win User

Error Code (0x80bd003b)

How do I format it to NTFS?
Thema:

Error Code (0x80bd003b)

1. Error Code (0x80bd003b) - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x80bd003b

2. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  3. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  4. Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to install the xbox update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000...: Trying to install my xbox series x update but it keeps giving me error codes 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x00000301, "There was a problem with the update." Needing help...
  5. I keep getting error code 80190005 while all servers are only

in XboX Insiders
    I keep getting error code 80190005 while all servers are only: What is happening submitted by /u/KingPanda7799 [link] [comments]
  6. An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code

in XBoX on Windows
    An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. on roblocks gift code: An unexpected error occurred. Please try your request again later. eea05149-ed93-4189-bc71-fccd07064838
  7. Error code 0x80bd003b

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80bd003b: I recently got a 982 GB USB 3.0 Hohyensi flash drive/memory stick and it is formatted correctly. It doesn't let me fully install the Offline Update or Set as my capture location. Any solutions?...
  8. Error code 0x80bd003b

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 0x80bd003b: My USB 3.0 suddenly stopped working this morning because of this error code. It was working fine yesterday. I reformatted it and that didn’t help. What do I do? b154d4b5-026a-4a8e-96ee-962e9cead286
  9. XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b

in XboX Insiders
    XBox One external storage error code 0x80bd003b: I have a Silicon Power 1TB Armor A60 hard drive. I got this to backup games for XBox One. I saw a YouTube video where it was simple to install. Sadly, when I plugged in Xbox didn't recognize it...
  10. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...