Error Code (0x8082000c) backwards compability

Discus and support Error Code (0x8082000c) backwards compability in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, after getting myself a Xbox One S i tried to install my beloved Left 4 Dead 2 which should be playable. After inserting my disc i just got an... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adaukor, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Adaukor
    Adaukor Guest

Hello,

after getting myself a Xbox One S i tried to install my beloved Left 4 Dead 2 which should be playable. After inserting my disc i just got an error Code (0x8082000c) which didn't occur on my old console. I tried multiple power cycles, had two factory resets
    and tried the disc on my old console (XB1) which just worked fine as usual. What might be the problem here? Does anyone got a possible solution for this?

Thanks

:)

Adaukor, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Adaukor Win User

I know Microsoft has a Disc Replacement Program for Microsoft published titles, maybe worth a shot to reach out to valve who
    developed (and published, I think?) Left 4 Dead 2, for if they have a similar program?
    I guess it's only for the first 90 days and i bought the game a decade ago, but it's not the Cd thats the problem i guess... I tried to download and install multiple digital owned xbox 360 games without any disc and they all wont start too with following
    message "Sorry, that didn't work for some reason (0x80080002)" am i the only one with that problem i hope it's not the new console thats causing these troubles which i cannot explain to be honest...
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

4. Adaukor Win User

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize this was ALL 360 discs on your new console? I might

try a factory reset
    or
    an Offline System Update of the console
    and see if that helps. You can do a reset and select to keep your games and apps, so you wouldn't have to re-download everything, but that makes me think there might be an issue with the OS that a refresh might help
    with. There might be a few more things to try, but the
    troubleshooting page for this particular topic is pretty sparse.
    I just wanted to see if there's a problem with my disc but it turned out to be a problem with all backwards compatible games right now for me. The thing is that i've updated my old console only to get the same error message as above. Now i cant even play
    any XB360 game on both consoles it's a bit frustating tbh. Everything went well before i bought myself a new console.... Is there any way to get an older update working on my console? I'll try to find a solution hopefully it might work if possible.
  5. Adaukor Win User

Do you still have the other console? You might be able to network transfer the install, or move/copy the install to an external drive, and then to your One S. It might validate the disc to play the game, potentially.
    Tried it, but the download stops before it even started sadly. The DLC's just work fine but the base game just does not want to be transferred for whatever reason. Still much appreciated it was worth a try.
  6. Adaukor Win User

That is the console having trouble reading the disc
    (I know, I know, obviously), but this page should provide some steps to try and fix it. Let us know if those steps don't help resolve the issue.
    Thanks for your reply, sadly it didnt help. It's very odd being able to play a backwards compatible game on one console while not being able to do so on the other (Being able to play just fine on my XB1 while not being to on my new XB1 S. I already had contact
    with the support and got handed to a gaming expert to get my problem solved, might need some time. I'am still up for any helpful tips provided by you all. If my problem gets sorted by MS i will post the solution here, if found.
Thema:

1. Error Code (0x8082000c) backwards compability - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x8082000c

2. How to fix error code 0x8082000c (backwards compatibility)?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix error code 0x8082000c (backwards compatibility)?: Trying to play Arkham Origins on Xbox One X as it is listed as backwards compatible. Error code 0x8082000c 'This game isn't playable here'. Have tried powercycling the Xbox as well as a soft reset...
  3. Backwards compatibility Error Code (0x8082000c)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatibility Error Code (0x8082000c): Hello! As far as I know, Dragon Age: Origins is backwards compatible for Xbox One. I have a disc of the regular game, its russian PAL-version, but I can't get my Xbox One to recognize it. When I...
  4. Error code 0x8082000c

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x8082000c: I am trying to play Mass Effect 3 on my Xbox One. I was just playing it earlier today, so it was already installed. When I came back to play it, it kept saying I needed to insert the disc. I made...
  5. Backwards compatibility Error Code (0x8082000c)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backwards compatibility Error Code (0x8082000c): Hi I am having problems trying to install C.O.D BO2 on xbox one but when I insert the dick an error code appears and says the game can not be played Please help I have looked everywhere on the...
  6. Bayonetta BC Not Working (Error Code 0x8082000c)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bayonetta BC Not Working (Error Code 0x8082000c): Hi! I'm trying to play Bayonetta on my Xbox One, as it should have been added to the BC list back in September, but am receiving the error that this title isn't available for backwards...
  7. error code (0x8082000c)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code (0x8082000c): whenever i try to load this xbox 360 game or any other 360 game that is on the list for backconpat i recieve this code on my xbox 1 (0x8082000c) how do i fix this 96f0177e-bcab-4fe5-a51c-e316a63a09db
  8. error code (0x8082000c)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code (0x8082000c): everytime i try to load a 360 game that is on the list to my XBOX 1 i get an error code of (0x8082000c) cb42d35f-53e6-4d73-9982-8ca607670137
  9. BACKCOMPAT ERROR CODE 0X8082000C

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BACKCOMPAT ERROR CODE 0X8082000C: I have several 360 games from the backcompat list that when I try to download them I'll I get is the error code 0x8082000c and a message "cannot be played here" please someone tell me what can be...
  10. Trying to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, but keeps giving me the error code 0x8082000c

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, but keeps giving me the error code 0x8082000c: I have been attempting to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 since Tuesday, April 11, but every time I have tried it has said that the game is not backwards compatible and giving me the error code...
Tags: