Error Code 0x80070490 when installing MSFS

Discus and support Error Code 0x80070490 when installing MSFS in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; A few days ago, I got an error when trying to launch MSFS that said "Microsoft Flight Simulator can’t open because it is offline. The storage device... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by nmkgamer, Aug 26, 2020.

1. nmkgamer
    nmkgamer Guest

A few days ago, I got an error when trying to launch MSFS that said "Microsoft Flight Simulator can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected". I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I eventually decided to uninstall
    and reinstall it. When I tried to reinstall it, I got "Error Code 0x80070490". I found a few posts online about the same error code in the microsoft store, but none of those solutions helped me. I've tried installing it on a different hard drive, and I've
    tried reinstalling windows (but keeping the users folder), but neither had any effect. I've tried installing other games from game pass, and it works just fine.

:)

nmkgamer, Aug 26, 2020
  2. sauravbiswas1 Win User

Errors such as 0x80070032 when trying to update/install games.

error-code-0x80070490 is not installing new games
  3. XBF Ezra G Win User

Recibi un mensaje de error en xbox one[I got an error message on xbox one]

4. MRALLEN2K23 Win User

Error code 0x80070490 when installing a game?

Also, I have 2 external drives, I tried to move the game to an 4TB external, and it says it can't be played from an external, not even on the One S.
  5. MRALLEN2K23 Win User

I tried it with the app twice, and it didn't work, so I just did it on the console.

And I did bring over all previous settings, I have a LOT of games and I couldn't be bothered to spend all night reinstalling everything.
  6. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello Richard, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the game.

I see the error code you've posted and a reset is the correct thing to try here. When you did your factory reset did you use the app or bring over previous settings? If so then please try the reset once more but don't use the app or bring over any settings to see if that helps. Before doing the reset try powercycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down then unplug it for 5 minutes. During this time unplug your modem/router for at least 60 seconds to clear any possible issues there. When the internet is back up and running complete the reset.

If the system still does not play the game while it's installed to the console perhaps try installing to an external USB 3.0 hard drive to see if you're able to play then.
Thema:

1. Error Code 0x80070490 when installing MSFS - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x80070490

2. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...
  3. Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield wont start, everytime I press Start there is an error code 0x80070490: Yesterday it worked normal i played like 3 hours. Today I startet and it didn´t work anymore. First it wrote something like I should download the app installer and I tryed that but it didn´t work...
  4. Error codes - 0x803FB107 and 0x80070490 when attempting to download Starfield.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error codes - 0x803FB107 and 0x80070490 when attempting to download Starfield.: Attempting to download Starfield Premium Edition. Through the Microsoft Store I get error code - 0x803FB107. When I go into my library in the Microsoft Store it states for all downloads...
  5. 0x80070490 error code downloading a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80070490 error code downloading a game: I keep getting this code when trying to download a game through the xbox app on pc. I have repaired it, restarted it, logged out, restarted my computer, uninstalled the app and redownloaded it...
  6. im getting error code 0x80070490 on PC game pass cant download or upload anything

in XBoX Games and Apps
    im getting error code 0x80070490 on PC game pass cant download or upload anything: Ive tried all the app data powershell commands such as Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} and...
  7. When try to download a game, it always shows error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When try to download a game, it always shows error code 0x80070490: I have subscribe xbox game pass for xbox PC games. However, when I try to download any games on xbox windows app, it always shows error code 0x80070490. I checked that my windows system and the...
  8. GamePass Games Will Not Install Error Code: 0x80070490

in XBoX on Windows
    GamePass Games Will Not Install Error Code: 0x80070490: As per title. Have tried lots of online suggestions from full power recycle, sfcscannow, dism, reinstall app, install on different drive, clear cache, delete xbox app data folders, clear store...
  9. Error code 0x80070490 when installing a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070490 when installing a game?: Above. It happened when installing Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons on disc on my Xbox One S at my Parents, I've already installed and ran the game on my Xbox Series X at the Flat, and...
  10. Xbox error code 0x80070490

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox error code 0x80070490: When I try to play with friends or get an invite and try to accept, I get the code 0x80070490. I'm stuck and can't seem to find a solution. I've shut down and reset....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install error code 0x80070490 flight simulator