Error Code 0x8007005 when trying to install sea of thieves

Discus and support Error Code 0x8007005 when trying to install sea of thieves in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to install the game “Sea of thieves” on to a specific hard drive. When attempting to install the game onto my 1 TB SSD H: drive, I get the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jettfaxi, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Jettfaxi
    Jettfaxi Guest

I am unable to install the game “Sea of thieves” on to a specific hard drive. When attempting to install the game onto my 1 TB SSD H: drive, I get the error 0x80070005. After doing some searching online, I found some things to try after some searching, it instructed me to run a repair and reset on the Microsoft store and xbox apps in the windows 11 settings app, as well as running the WSReset utility. I also verified all the needed services are running and set to automatic startup:
    IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled gaming services via powershell

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

With no effect.

Eventually I tried installing the game on another hard drive (a 4tb Hard disk) and it worked okay, the install proceeded as normal and I am able to run the game. However, because I had to install it on a spinning hard disk, it has incredibly long load times and kind of misses the point of having a fast SSD to load games from if I cannot install a game to it. The SSD has over 130 gb of free space (the game requires 81 gb) so free space is not an issue, I also have other xbox store games installed on it that have had no issue installing or updating. I’m starting to think this is a permissions issue, with that WindowsApps folder (that I am apparently not trusted to access on my own computer) on my H: drive, however I’m not sure what kind of permissions I would need to set on this folder to allow the xbox app to install to it correctly, any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

Jettfaxi, Jul 14, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

May I know if the games on the H: drive are being installed on the XboxGames or WindowsApps folder?
  3. Jettfaxi Win User

The games are installed in the WindowsApps folder
  4. Jettfaxi Win User

Hi Lucas, thanks for getting back to me.

I tried accessing the app settings menu in the settings app, however Sea of thieves is not listed at all. attempting to access it by right clicking the app in the start menu and choosing app settings results in the settings app loading and then immediately crashing and closing out with no error message. Other apps work fine when attempting either method of accessing the app settings menu. I also tried to do the move through the xbox app by clicking the menu button beside the game and choosing manage, other games have a button that says change drive, and this works fine on other games. Sea of thieves however says "This game does not support advanced installation and management features" and does not give the option to move the install.
  5. Jettfaxi Win User

Alrighty, thanks for all your help thus far!
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Thanks for taking the time to test it.

Would you please try to reset the Microsoft store and the Xbox app? Please perform these steps with the Microsoft store and the Xbox app closed and make sure there are no games being downloaded or installed on both apps.

- Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

(this command can show you some errors, this is normal, just wait until it finishes)

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.

- Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.

Then, please also grant permission to the Packages folder:

- Press Windows + R. Type AppData and press Enter.

- Click on Local. Right click on the folder Packages and select Properties.

- Click the Security tab > Advanced.

- Click on Change next to owner > Type Everyone > Click Check names > Ok.

- Click on Add > Select a Principal.

- Type Everyone > Click on Check Names > OK.

- Click on Full Control > OK.

- Click Apply > OK.

- Restart your computer one more time. Open the Xbox App and sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store.

- Check your computer region/country and language and please make sure it is the same as your Microsoft account (https://account.microsoft.com/profile). Also check your time zone and date/time is correct.

Please try to install Sea of Thieves on the H: driver again and let me know how it goes.
Thema:

1. Error Code 0x8007005 when trying to install sea of thieves - Similar Threads - Error Code 0x8007005

2. Error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151909: Every time I go to log into my Xbox for the past week it’s not been able to.. I’ve tested my network connection and it fails every single time right when it gets to Xbox live connection but is...
  3. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  4. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  5. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  6. So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570: I just don't know what to do and it just said this error code 0x80070570 while it was trying to update and its a used refurbished console so it doesn't have like any accounts on it or my account...
  7. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  8. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  9. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  10. Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox GamePass on Windows 10- Cannot Download on External Hard Drive (Error Code 0X8007005): When I am attempting to install a game onto my E drive instead of my C drive, I get the following message: This location is not set up for installing games. I then click: Set it as your location...