Error code: (0x409) 0x80080300

Discus and support Error code: (0x409) 0x80080300 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to sign into minecraft with my microsoft account i am met with this error and it says "We couldn't sign you into xbox live, the background... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jason rosendo, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Error code: (0x409) 0x80080300

When trying to sign into minecraft with my microsoft account i am met with this error and it says "We couldn't sign you into xbox live, the background task activation is spurious."

:)

jason rosendo, Mar 11, 2023
  2. tstaBR Win User

I'm getting an error code called (0x409) 0x80080300 i dont know how to fix this.

The methods below didnt work.

The Xbox App still giving the error message: "It's not possible to connect now. Try again later" Error Code: (0x409) 0x80080300
  3. PK Vibez Win User

error (0x409) 0x80080300 in the xbox app of windows

Google search error (0x409) 0x80080300 and go to the first YouTube video by Nate Break.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello jason rosendo,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

This issue has been answered by Catherine Cus. on the thread error code: (0x409) 0x80080300 - Microsoft Community.

Please see the troubleshooting steps Catherine provided.

An interruption with the Xbox Live server, authentication failure of the account's login credentials, and an outdated version of the Xbox app are possible factors as to why you're encountering this issue.

To determine if there's an issue with your Xbox account, kindly sign in to Xbox.com. If you can sign in, that means your profile is all good. Otherwise, follow the on-screen prompts to update your account information.

Upon verifying that there's no issue with your account, proceed with the troubleshooting solutions below:

Solution 1: Run apps troubleshooter

Running the Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with apps downloaded from the Windows Store.

Solution 2: Check for updates

Keeping the application and the device up-to-date can help resolve common issues with Windows 10 built-in apps. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 3: Remove and re-add the Microsoft account

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Email & app accounts.
    4. Under Accounts used by other apps, click Add a Microsoft account. Enter your Xbox account login details. Note: If you can see the same login information, kindly remove and re-add the Microsoft account.
    5. Restart the device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the app and check if you can sign in.

Keep us posted with the progress. We're here to clear things up.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Catherine Cus. Win User

error code: (0x409) 0x80080300

Hi,

An interruption with the Xbox Live server, authentication failure of the account's login credentials, and an outdated version of the Xbox app are possible factors as to why you're encountering this issue.

To determine if there's an issue with your Xbox account, kindly sign in to
    Xbox.com
    . If you can sign in, that means your profile is all good. Otherwise, follow the on-screen prompts to update your account information.

Upon verifying that there's no issue with your account, proceed with the troubleshooting solutions below:

Solution 1: Run apps troubleshooter

Running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter
    can help resolve issues with apps downloaded from the Windows Store.

Solution 2: Check for updates

Keeping the application and the device up-to-date can help resolve common issues with Windows 10 built-in apps. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 3: Remove and re-add the Microsoft account

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Email & app accounts.
    4. Under Accounts used by other apps, click
      Add a Microsoft account
      . Enter your Xbox account login details.
      Note:
      If you can see the same login information, kindly remove and re-add the Microsoft account.
    5. Restart the device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the app and check if you can sign in.

Keep us posted with the progress. We're here to clear things up.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
Thema:

1. Error code: (0x409) 0x80080300 - Similar Threads - Error code 0x409

2. error code 0x409 0x80080300. (i tried everything)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x409 0x80080300. (i tried everything): So recently i tried to log into minecraft and i needed to switch account so i clicked switch account and it diden't do anything so i just closed the game and tried to loggin and the xbox idenitity...
  3. Unable to sign into Any Xbox Live App Error Code (0x409) 0x80080300

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign into Any Xbox Live App Error Code (0x409) 0x80080300: Every time in click on the sign in button , there is a window that pops up for a fraction of a second and then disappears and the error code (0x409) 0x80080300 shows up below the sign in button....
  4. (0x409) 0x80070424 app error code

in XBoX on Windows
    (0x409) 0x80070424 app error code: i can't login i updated windows do i need to reinstall window? [img] [img] 473098ce-eb2a-4346-8485-23fbff42a78f
  5. 0x409 80080005 I've had this error code burned into my brain now and I had to infer what it...

in XBoX on Windows
    0x409 80080005 I've had this error code burned into my brain now and I had to infer what it...: Microsoft forgot and doesn't know anymore either, believe me. Now I know what it means, and I don't know how to fix it. It means I'm logged in somewhere else in the Xbox Companion App. I know...
  6. xbox console companion, taking ages to load and error code 0x409 0x42b

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion, taking ages to load and error code 0x409 0x42b: ive reinstalled and uninstalled the xbox app many times, ive tried other means of trying to fix it, ive removed all devices except the one i am using, i think the problem started when i...
  7. error code (0x409) 0x80080300; cant use xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    error code (0x409) 0x80080300; cant use xbox app: I've recently changed my Microsoft email and password, and now every time I try to use Xbox console companion, I get a message saying "we can't sign you in right now. Try again later." Its been...
  8. error code (0x409) 0x80080300; cant use xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    error code (0x409) 0x80080300; cant use xbox app: I've recently changed my Microsoft email and password, and now every time I try to use Xbox console companion, I get a message saying "we can't sign you in right now. Try again later." Its been...
  9. Xbox Companion App Error Code 0x409 0xD000000D

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion App Error Code 0x409 0xD000000D: Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out with this error code that I'm getting when I try to open my Xbox Companion App. I spoke with Microsoft on the phone and they had not heard of the 2nd...
  10. Cannot Login to Xbox App - Error Code 0x409 0x8007007E

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Login to Xbox App - Error Code 0x409 0x8007007E: For around a year, I have been unable to login to the Xbox App (or Xbox App Beta) on my Lenovo laptop. This is what happens every time I try to login: App automatically opens 'Welcome Back'...