Error code 08x80080204 - Cannot launch, update, or uninstall game

Discus and support Error code 08x80080204 - Cannot launch, update, or uninstall game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello forum. I was updating Back4Blood on PC the other day, and the update failed. When I started again, it sent up the error 08x80080204. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jak0fDiamonds, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Error code 08x80080204 - Cannot launch, update, or uninstall game

Hello forum.

I was updating Back4Blood on PC the other day, and the update failed. When I started again, it sent up the error 08x80080204.

I tried uninstalling, but it won't let me - which I've never seen before.

I have reset the xbox app, and the microsoft store, and resetting the PC.

No joy.

Has anyone got a solution to this?

:)

Jak0fDiamonds, Apr 13, 2022
  2. Jak0fDiamonds Win User

Hi, thank you for the detailed guide.

I followed all the steps as described, but still no success.

What especially confuses me is I cannot find any files for the game in the control panel or on the e drive where it is installed.

I downloaded a third party uninstaller, but the program cannot find the game to uninstall it.

Any other ideas?
  3. Jak0fDiamonds Win User

I agree, it's very odd.

I cannot find the game on any drive, or in the control panel.

But likewise I cannot reinstall it via the Xbox app. Nor uninstall it with any tool or process I know of.

So yeah, weird.
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Well, a full restoration of your PC could do the trick. :/

But it's quite a work haha If you want to go for it, please, be sure to first do a backup.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Really? That's odd.

Are you sure the game is installed? Is it taking space in the drive?
  6. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Jak0fDiamonds, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Jak0fDiamonds, I'm so sorry about this inconvenience.

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
Thema:

1. Error code 08x80080204 - Cannot launch, update, or uninstall game - Similar Threads - Error code 08x80080204

2. Error code 80151909

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80151909: Every time I go to log into my Xbox for the past week it’s not been able to.. I’ve tested my network connection and it fails every single time right when it gets to Xbox live connection but is...
  3. Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006

in XBoX on Windows
    Does clearing a cache in 2024 for a 360 resolve the error code 80151006: So recently set up my old 360 and ran into the error code 80151006 I found a old post from 2013 saying to clear your cache I was wondering if that would still apply now in 2024 or would there be...
  4. i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS

in XBoX on Consoles
    i keep getting error code 0x8000FFFF when i try to start a party on the XSS: i’ve done everything i can think of and even went as far as taking my xbox apart, cleaning it, AND reapplying thermal paste. factory reset unplug for 8 hours( i full power down and unplug it...
  5. Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it: Error code on Xbox one: 0x800701c4. How do I fix it a373a5aa-3c70-444c-bc71-383a9b2174b6
  6. So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my Xbox one S keeps saying error code 0x80070570: I just don't know what to do and it just said this error code 0x80070570 while it was trying to update and its a used refurbished console so it doesn't have like any accounts on it or my account...
  7. I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I get "There was a problem with the update" message This is the error code I get with that:...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 10e3f5b7-7c6f-4195-9ee9-21b72e7c2ba9
  8. How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix error code 8015190E that keeps coming up.: ****This applies to the specific problem I was having in that my 360 consoles suddenly stopped connecting to Xbox Live and giving me this error code. My Series X connected just fine and I could...
  9. Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87e00031 and can’t find solution anywhere: I have been trying to update Fortnite on my Xbox one for probably a month now all with no luck. Every single other game I have has had no issue at all updating. I do have an external storage I use...
  10. how do I fix error code 0x8007041d

in XBoX on Windows
    how do I fix error code 0x8007041d: I am getting this code every time I use the Xbox App on my PC and its trying to update the app I think?? Can't use the app coz of this. Please help!! 449d8cf8-9ed1-4b4c-a404-64f03590ccf1