Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app

Discus and support Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Posting in Xbox forums as well. I am currently running windows 11 pro OS build 22000.318. I've had this error persist over the last week and can not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JamesPetrie1, Dec 8, 2021.

  1. JamesPetrie1
    JamesPetrie1 Guest

    Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app


    Posting in Xbox forums as well.

    I am currently running windows 11 pro OS build 22000.318.

    I've had this error persist over the last week and can not find any fix whatsoever on any forums (Have spent several hours looking)

    Whenever I start a new download of a game via Xbox for PC app version 2112.1001.9.0, I get the error 0x80070e9 as soon as the download begins.

    This occurs on every single game I have tried.

    I have tried multiple restarts, repairing and restarting windows store (When i search for the same games in Windows store it shows 'Open in Xbox PC' so I cannot download in the store), running SFC, restarting xbox client with no luck whatsoever.

    Becoming a bit frustrating as I cant install any games at all for the game pass which I pay for

    Any help would be appreciated.

    :)
     
    JamesPetrie1, Dec 8, 2021
    #1
  2. JamesPetrie1 Win User

    Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app

    Hi Christopher,

    Thankyou so much, it seems uninstalling and reinstalling gaming services has worked!

    You've saved me a lot of frustration!

    Thanks,

    James Petrie
  3. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app

    I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

    Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

    Click Check for Updates;

    Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

    Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

    Then try this:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    Then do the same for the Xbox app:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

    In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  4. JamesPetrie1 Win User

    Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app

    Hi Christopher,

    Thanks for your input, just went through the steps you mentioned however my option was worded differently and I didnt have a privacy section but I assume the option shown below is what you meant?

    However I have tried the steps and restarted with still no luck

    Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

    Thanks,

    James Petrie


    [​IMG]
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app

    Hi there James welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Well, I suggest you try this:

    Open the Settings app it is the gear in the start menu.

    Open Accounts

    Click Sign-in Options

    Scroll down to Privacy

    Uncheck "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update and restart."

    Restart your PC!
  6. Francia J. Win User

    how to i get my games back

    Whenever you're trying to install any of your games and apps what is the exact error message or error code that you're getting?
Thema:

Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app

Loading...
  1. Error 0x80070e9 whenever installing any game on Xbox for PC app - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070e9 whenever

  2. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  3. Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006

    in XboX Insiders
    Issues with the Devkit, error E208 00000003 00000006: Apparently, this error occurs when the console lacks sufficient space. According to another Reddit thread, the only solution that seemed to work was a partial factory reset; however, when I go to...
  4. Alguna solución para este error al transmitir

    in XboX Insiders
    Alguna solución para este error al transmitir: Hola, tengo un par de semanas que plane transmitir en vivo, pasa que ya tiene como 3 o 4 dias que el stream se pixelea pero demasiado, y creía que seria mi internet pero hay veces que pasa y hay...
  5. Error installing the update (Alpha)

    in XboX Insiders
    Error installing the update (Alpha): Hello, a friend has this error when installing the Inisider Alpha update on his Xbox One S (500 GB). He even did a factory reset. But nothing wants to work. Source OS : 10.0.26100.9426 Cible OS...
  6. Error in voice's group. Nobody listens to you :(

    in XboX Insiders
    Error in voice's group. Nobody listens to you :(: You create a group or join one and see your profile is shaded. Don't worry, it's a bug that makes you join while you're in the game's voice chat... Just tap it view's button (⧉) and it integrates...
  7. What is the error: e102 00000c01 80070003

    in XboX Insiders
    What is the error: e102 00000c01 80070003: My Xbox one s console hdd broken. I put a new but cant system update.. i need the latest osu1 xbox 10.0.26100.9426 update . Need offline $systemupdate file or when last version Microsoft put to...
  8. Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting System Error E106 on Insider Build - Need Help to Fix It: my console booted into the troubleshooting screen and I cannot bypass it. Here are my system details:System Error: E106 00000009 80070002 my os:26100.8569 My Console id:...
  9. Sending accept/send a friend request gets me the same error.

    in XboX Insiders
    Sending accept/send a friend request gets me the same error.: I was trying to add a friend to my Xbox account and both the app and the web gave the same "try again in a bit. Something went wrong". I tried logging in and out, uninstalling and installing the...
  10. Ghost Path Bug – Error 0x8B050033

    in XboX Insiders
    Ghost Path Bug – Error 0x8B050033: Xbox Series X – 0x8B050033 after leaving Delta Ring Hello, I left the Xbox Insider Delta Ring directly from my Xbox Series X on July 11, 2026. After leaving the program, the console became...