Error 0x80070199 while trying to re-install MFS2020 after replacing disk.

Discus and support Error 0x80070199 while trying to re-install MFS2020 after replacing disk. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I replaced my games disk as the previous one stopped working and now when I try to reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 I get Error... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Daniel Olar, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Daniel Olar
    Daniel Olar Guest

Hello,

I replaced my games disk as the previous one stopped working and now when I try to reinstall Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 I get Error 0x80070199.

It also starts by saying downloading 159GB but then begins downloading and it shows that I only have to download 2GB.

Device is a Windows 11 and the game used to work without any issues. Also, the OS disk was not replaced, and the games disk is not a clone.

Error 0x80070199 while trying to re-install MFS2020 after replacing disk. [​IMG]

Thank you,

:)

Daniel Olar, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Daniel Olar Win User

Hi Rostom,

Managed to make it work but unfortunately none of the recommended methods work.

I purchased a digital copy from MS website and the first installation was done using Xbox. After changing my disk the Xbox installation kept failing and the game would not start. I started the download and it downloaded the initial 2GB but then nothing, game would not start...

I used a different method:

I removed all traces of the Fligh Simulator on the previous disk.

I did all the steps you recommended.

I installed the game again, but this time for the MS Store.

After the 2GB download game started and informed me that I need an 156Gb update.

Started the update, download finished but then the game started doing something that looked like it was frozen, but it was not.

About 1 hour after that the game just started... and it work fine.

The only issue is that is seems that the controls are not quite OK. It seems to have picked up my previous profile (not sure from where) but some buttons work while others don't. I'll have to see if I can somehow reset the config to the original state....

Thank you for your help!
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi Daniel!

Please cancel your download if you're able to.

Be sure to check for Windows updates and get all available updates from your Microsoft Store.

Check for Windows updates - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/update-wi...

Get updates from Microsoft Store - https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/g...

Then let's reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows device:
    Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    Restart your device and try to install the game again.
  4. Rostom L Win User

Thanks for trying. Let’s try to repair and reset your Xbox app and Microsoft Store.

Check your guide here:
    Repair/Reset apps - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/repair-ap...

Let’s also reset the Microsoft Store cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Perform a disk cleanup as well.
    - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/disk-clea...

And run the system file checker.
    - https://support.microsoft.com/windows/using-sys...

Once done, shutdown your PC. Wait at least a minute before turning it back on.
  5. Daniel Olar Win User

Hi Rostom,

Thank you for the information. I did what you said but I get the same result.
  6. Tone Drive Win User

cannot read disc new skylanders game.

Thought I would add my experience to this thread.

I have tried all the suggestions for cleaning, removing all storage, clearing game data. One thing that did work briefly was to remove the disk from the drive, close the drive tray and listen for the laser to reset, open the drive tray and insert disk and
    it worked....for a while. Only way I could even get the Xbox to attempt installing the game was to disable the auto-run in the system settings.

Bought another disk from a different store (first purchased from Miejer's in Michigan, next from Futureshop in Ontario) and BOTH have the same issues on two Xbox systems in my home (Xbox-s and white Xbox). Initially the game ran without errors on my older
    Xbox but gave the disc unreadable the next time it was re-started.

No disk errors with any other game we have....other than the original skylanders game which has periodic disk read errors that seem to go away after removing and re-inserting disk.

Continue to have these issues:

- disc unreadable, Status code: 8C230002 when trying to access the game info

- installing the game to HDD stops at 47% - get a disk read error after that

Activision support offers no additional suggestions that isn't already covered in this thread. They do offer to replace the disk by mail.
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070199 while trying to re-install MFS2020 after replacing disk. - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070199 while

2. error code 0x80070199 when trying to install starfield and a plague tale reqiuem?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error code 0x80070199 when trying to install starfield and a plague tale reqiuem?!: ive been atempting to install the two games listed in the title but i get an error each time? for starfield it's at 100% download and for a plague tale it's at 45%. ive attempted to reinstall and...
  3. PC 游戏通行证会员在安装 Forza Horizon 5 时收到0x80070199错误代码 PC game pass members get 0x80070199 error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PC 游戏通行证会员在安装 Forza Horizon 5 时收到0x80070199错误代码 PC game pass members get 0x80070199 error...: 您好,我来自中国大陆,我购买了PC游戏通行证会员资 ,昨天打开极限竞速:地平线5时,被提示更新。当进度条达到 100% 时,它表示安装失败,错误代 显示0x80070199。我尝试了各种各 的方法,包括翻越中国国家网络防火墙,检查系统更新(我的系统是Windows11),重置游戏,重新下载游戏服务,重新下载游戏,但都没有效果,请问我应该怎 做? Hello,I'm from...
  4. Error code 0x80070199 - cannot install or update any games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070199 - cannot install or update any games: Error code 0x80070199 - cannot install or update any games. Ive run a repair on both the gaming services and xbox app. Could I have someone help me resolve this please? Thanks...
  5. How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store: I recently fully reset my pc, and now any time I try to download games from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app I get error code 0x80070199. I have called customer support multiple times and that just...
  6. i cant install or anything and my error code is always 0x80070199

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant install or anything and my error code is always 0x80070199: i went through the process but the xbox app just wont install update or work ive uninstalled both the game service and the app, ive uninstalled the apps and nothing ive done everything that the...
  7. How to fix error 0x80070199 when updating game on xbox pc app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix error 0x80070199 when updating game on xbox pc app?: I am currently subscribed to Ultimate Game Pass on PC. Most games install and update without issue. However, two specific games have error code 0x80070199. I have tried contacting support but they...
  8. Grounded on Xbox for PC won't launch Error 0x80070199

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grounded on Xbox for PC won't launch Error 0x80070199: The Xbox App refuses to uninstall the game, refuses to repair the game, refuses to update the game and refuses to play the game. 1172ce9b-cddd-4b8a-8b1c-7de4f112106c
  9. getting error code 0x80070199 on a game updating that i thought i uninstalled but it's in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    getting error code 0x80070199 on a game updating that i thought i uninstalled but it's in...: the game in question is everspace 2, that and a couple other games disappeared from my library on game pass pc a while ago so i thought i uninstalled them but today everspace 2 showed up as seen...
  10. Game Pass Error 0x80070199

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Pass Error 0x80070199: I'm trying to download games from the new Xbox app since Discord gifted me 3 months of Xbox Game Pass for PC due nitro subscription and I can't seem to be able to assign my HDD Storage to download...