Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden

Discus and support Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by TomYancey1, Oct 28, 2020.

1. TomYancey1
    TomYancey1 Guest

About a week or two ago, I noticed that any downloads through the Xbox app on Windows were failing and giving me a "see error for details" link. When I click the popup I get a "something unexpected happened" with error code "0x80070141". I can't find help
    for this code ANYWHERE online.

I tried all of the recommended steps for troubleshooting downloads on the xbox app: cancelling/reinstalling game, checking my sign in/membership, uninstalling/reinstalling the app via the powershell.

I'm not sure what else to do at this point, thinking about cancelling my membership since I can't really use it at the moment.

:)

TomYancey1, Oct 28, 2020
  2. elwookienator Win User

Can not update or install games through Xbox GamePass PC

tried that still getting error 0x80070141 :(

cannot install state of decay, msfs 2020 or fallout 76
  3. RyuKenDK Win User

Error 0x80070005 On xbox game pass

4. FlyinJ Petrol Win User

Error Code 0x80070141 with GamePass PC

I have the exact same issue. It doesn't matter what drive I tell it to install to, no game will install from either the windows store or the Xbox app. This started happening three days ago, it was working fine before. I've been googling the issue and trying
    everything to fix it like resetting the windows store and changing install location through control panel and nothing works.
  5. FIZZY LP Win User

Xbox pc

Thanks for reaching out!

you cannot play the xbox version on your pc, you’ll need to download the pc version from the microsoft store then sync your game play data to the xbox app to get all the xbox game data.

i hope this helps :)
  6. Greaseball DK Win User

Youtube in Denmark

The must odd thing about YouTube on a danish account. is that is USE to work in DK. Then all the sudden the app. download was gone and when lauching the app. you just got a error code. The YouTube app. works FINE on the PS3. So it is not because YouTube
    don't want to be on Danish Accounts.

All this lack of software support in DK it's kinda sad. We get good customer service from Xbox. But no YouTube.

Please bring it back.
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070141, cannot download from Xbox app on PC all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070141 cannot

2. Not sure if this is an Insider error but Rewards is not letting me earn points anymore....

in XboX Insiders
    Not sure if this is an Insider error but Rewards is not letting me earn points anymore....: I noticed others in the Microsoft Rewards sub had this same issue but was wondering if this is an error also caused by being an Insider. I’ve not been able to earn points for over a week. I filed...
  3. error code 80070570

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 80070570: There was a problem with the system update, cant do anything to get past error message 7b2bd9e3-790c-40ec-8377-750d9088aafe
  4. Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves Launcher Error 0x800704c7: Some weeks ago, Sea of Thieves was updated (I presume the update that introduced EasyAntiCheat) to include a launcher, which resulted in the game no longer working correctly. Running SoT through...
  5. Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ?: Error code 80070570 - Xbox update won’t work- tried resetting any ideas pls ? 72062e39-e46c-46c2-89bc-dd9555ba9044
  6. System error E102 on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    System error E102 on Xbox One S: I turn on my xbox and saw System error E102 it tried to update but didn't fully do it and now I can't get it of my troubleshooting page. I have tried restarting UT, resetting it, and tried to...
  7. error signing in

in XBoX on Windows
    error signing in: every time I try to sign in to the Xbox website, it redirects me to a page where it says "give us a moment while we sign you out" or "pick an account to sign out of", but it never actually signs...
  8. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  9. State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition - Error Code: 0x80070141

in XBoX on Windows
    State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition - Error Code: 0x80070141: I'm trying to install State of Decay 2 for the second time on my windows 10 computer but I get the following error code. the first time (long time ago) installed without any issues. I re-installed...
  10. Error Code 0x80070141 with GamePass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Error Code 0x80070141 with GamePass PC: I have been receiving this code when trying to install or update anything on Xbox Gamepass. 363dcdc3-b9b5-4268-88e2-5392ddf6c32c