Error 0x80070005 when i want to download a game !!!

Discus and support Error 0x80070005 when i want to download a game !!! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, it's been 2 times that its doing that, when i want to download a game from the Xbox GamePass (High on Life) it says "error" and won't install... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan Bourbonnais, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Error 0x80070005 when i want to download a game !!!

Hello, it's been 2 times that its doing that, when i want to download a game from the Xbox GamePass (High on Life) it says "error" and won't install and when i click to see details it tell me the error 0x80070005 , the first time i reseted entirely my pc and worked again but i won't do it a 2nd time, so please tell me what to do, I tried everything before by watching some weird videos that did nothing to help so please !! (and to precise that before the bug i could install games)

PS : Im french

:)

Nathan Bourbonnais, Dec 28, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello Nathan Bourbonnais,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to download a game from your subscription of Xbox Game Pass with error code: 0x80070005. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We appreciate you have provided the troubleshooting you perform however, resetting computer is somehow advance. We would like to ask if you can provide more details about your concern.

1. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information.
    2. May we ask what games you are trying to install?
    3. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Method 1:

Please see the troubleshooting available on this link for installation and launching - Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

Method 2:

Repair your apps and clear cache the Microsoft Store. Please use this guide for repairing Xbox app.

Please go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Select the app you want to fix. Select the Advanced options link under the name of the Microsoft Store. On the page that opens, select Repair if it's available. If it isn't available, select Reset.

Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.

Method 3: Run system scans

Run a full system scan. This will check and restore corrupted system files.

In Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.

Copy the command below one line at a time and paste it on Command Prompt:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

SFC /scannow

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kim Apostol Win User

I am trying to launch the Jurassic world evolution 2 then after I launch it will update with some MBs then it will error.

I will also add that when I tried to move the game to C drive the download stop and shows the error 0x80070005.
  5. Linuda Win User

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

I obtain the error 0x80070005 after download , when the installaller start
  6. Tinerfenno Win User

Metro Exodus - Launch nothing happens PC

Becouse you have the error 0x80070005.

Try to download Vampyr for example and you'll see error 0x80070005 .

You can't play metro for this error
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070005 when i want to download a game !!! - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070005 download

2. Starfield pre-download via xbox gamepass error 0x80070005. How to solve it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield pre-download via xbox gamepass error 0x80070005. How to solve it?: I am having an issue called error 0x80070005 while trying to download Starfield game. I have gamepass and i am trying to download from xbox app. Do you have anything similiar error? How did you...
  3. Error when trying to download games from xbox app on windows ( 0x80070005 )

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error when trying to download games from xbox app on windows ( 0x80070005 ): I've been trying to download forza horizon 4 and 5 from game pass pc but the thing is that everytime the game reaches 100% i get an error ( 0x80070005 ) i tried reinstalling the app, updating my...
  4. How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i resolve Error Code: 0x80070005 when downloading gamepass games on my PC?: I recently bought PC Game Pass to play Forza, Flight sim, and other games. However when i went to download these games i encountered Error code 0x80070005. This happened when I attempted to...
  5. Certain games throw an 0x80070005 error when starting to download them on my second drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Certain games throw an 0x80070005 error when starting to download them on my second drive: Greetings, I have noticed that certain games from my PC Game Pass can't be downloaded on my second drive. The download doesn't even start, stating that "Something unexpected happened" with error...
  6. Forza Horizon download Error Code: 0x80070005 when it gets to 100%

in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon download Error Code: 0x80070005 when it gets to 100%: I have been stuck with an Forza Horizon 5 launcher update error that prevents the game from finishing downloading. Something unexpected happened reporting this problem to Xbox will help us...
  7. Quantum Break - GamePass PC gives error 0x80070005 when I try to download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quantum Break - GamePass PC gives error 0x80070005 when I try to download: Hello, as per the title, Quantum Break was finally added to GamePass PC only to greet me with disappointment of error on download. It's the only game that gives me this problem, and every other...
  8. Error code 0x803FB107 & 0x80070005 - Xbox Store game download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x803FB107 & 0x80070005 - Xbox Store game download: Hi all I purchased the Xbox game pass yesterday and tried to download Forza Horizon 5 on my PC. while it was being downloaded, my internet cut out and the download did not finish. this resulted...
  9. Cannot install/download games on xbox pc game pass (error code 0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot install/download games on xbox pc game pass (error code 0x80070005): I am trying to install sea of thieves on the pc game pass but it will not let me. When I click install it says it is starting the download but after 5 seconds it pops up an error. It doesnt even...
  10. I can't download any xbox games to my HDD without getting the error code 0x80070005

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't download any xbox games to my HDD without getting the error code 0x80070005: I'm trying to download Halo infinite campaign through game pass, but I had to reinstall windows 10 recently after a windows update rendered it inoperable. Every time I try to download a game to my...