error 0x406 when starting the xbox App on Windows 10

Discus and support error 0x406 when starting the xbox App on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; the first Thing that I see when starting the xbox app is error 0x406 "you cannot log in at the moment. Try again later" I am connected to the Internet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Zidu67259da8-a6a3-40cf-96, May 2, 2019.

1. error 0x406 when starting the xbox App on Windows 10

the first Thing that I see when starting the xbox app is error 0x406 "you cannot log in at the moment. Try again later"

I am connected to the Internet and the xbox Service is all green

:)

Zidu67259da8-a6a3-40cf-96, May 2, 2019
  2. SpyShadow Win User

Cannot Sign In on Xbox App

3. Arno Schnelle Win User

This worked for me Thank you
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help. I've seen a go to solution for this error that hopefully will work for you.

1. Remove the Xbox app per the PowerShell instructions. Run it as Admin.

Windows Key + X > Windows PowerShell > Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

This removes the Xbox app from the PC.

2. Then, install the Xbox Identity Provider first:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-identity-provider/9wzdncrd1hkw?activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

3. Then install the Xbox app:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox/9wzdncrfjbd8?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:eek:verviewtab

4. Launch the app and try to sign in again.

Let us know the results!
  5. erunyan Win User

Can't Sign in to Xbox (Beta) App

6. FoeHammersRing Win User

Error (0x406) On Xbox App Windows 10

Sounds like you've been through quite a few steps already in troubleshooting the issue with the app on your PC. If you're seeing this with other applications on your PC, not just the Xbox App, there might be something going on instead that's preventing you
    from accessing those apps.

Have you attempted to refresh Windows 10 to troubleshoot this issue as well? It's not the best thing to have to go through, but if you've having issues with UWP programs and services on your PC, it might be a good step to look into. If you wanted some more
    information on how to go about that, this page has the quick steps to get that started:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026528/windows-reset-or-reinstall-windows-10

Hope that helps!
Thema:

1. error 0x406 when starting the xbox App on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - error 0x406 starting

2. 0x406 error

in XBoX on Windows
    0x406 error: Everytime i try to use the companion app for windows 10, it say (0x406) error. How do i fix this please? e61384cf-b809-4e34-a2b3-36d6133235a8
  3. experiencing 0x406 error. nothings working.

in XboX Insiders
    experiencing 0x406 error. nothings working.: I contacted microsoft and they sent me here because they couldn't figure anything out over the phone. I am getting the error code when i try and use the Xbox companion app. When i try and use the...
  4. Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to log into Xbox App on Windows 10 - Error 0x406 - No existing support answers work.: When attempting to log into the Xbox app, I receive the following error: [img] Googling this error has lead to plenty of folks that have had this issue. Most answers are a few years old and...
  5. Error 0x406 xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Error 0x406 xbox app: Hi guys, I have bought Sea of Thieves, i have added the game on microsoft store but i can't download it. ( don't leave i'm wainting with the question ) I tried many solutions to be able to get...
  6. se presento el error 0x406 que puedo hacer, gracias... [I presented the error 0x406 I can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    se presento el error 0x406 que puedo hacer, gracias... [I presented the error 0x406 I can...: se presento el error 0x406 que puedo hacer, gracias... Translation: [I presented the error 0x406 I can do, thanks...] 733847d1-9538-4d35-aa8b-3545c0d3cec7
  7. xbox app error code 0x406

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app error code 0x406: Hello, my Forza Horizon 4 does not work for me, and I Think the problem is with the Xbox app, I am not able to sign in to the Xbox app, I am just getting the error code 0x406. I do have tried to...
  8. Windows 10 - Error 0x406 "No se puede iniciar tu sesión en este momento. Inténtalo más ...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 - Error 0x406 "No se puede iniciar tu sesión en este momento. Inténtalo más ...: [Title Translation - Windows 10-Error 0x406 "You cannot start your session at this time. Try it later. " In the Xbox application.] Active el gamepass recientemente, pude bajar el juego sea of...
  9. error 0x406

in XBoX on Windows
    error 0x406: Hello, I have problem with my box connection. I can't play online because I can't be connected with Xbox. I think it's because I deleted "Xbox live". But it's impossible for me to download "Xbox...
  10. erreur 0x406 xbox -[Translation - Error 0x406 Xbox]

in XBoX Accessibility
    erreur 0x406 xbox -[Translation - Error 0x406 Xbox]: Bonjour, cette erreur apparait quand je lance l'application xbox. et je ne peux pas non plus me connecter sur le xbox live pour minecraft. merci de votre aide -[Translation - Hello, this error...