Epic Games link to child's account

Discus and support Epic Games link to child's account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have seen this question several times but have not found a reasonable response yet so I will try again. My kid plays Fortnite (duh) and he wants to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PappaBearHall, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Epic Games link to child's account

I have seen this question several times but have not found a reasonable response yet so I will try again.

My kid plays Fortnite (duh) and he wants to have an epic games account so that he can upload the free mint pick ax to his game.

When I attempted to create an account for him, the system put in place to link the account to his xbox account, linked his epic games account to my xbox account instead of his.

I have tried working with Epic Games "customer service" (and I use that term very loosely) and all they are able to do is to repeat the same process over and over and over again, not understanding that I am never going to be connected to the boy's account
    instead of mine.

How do I fix this? What am I missing?

Somebody please help. It's not that important, I am just that stubborn.

:)

PappaBearHall, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Tarnend Win User

Fortnite with two Xbox consoles and one Xbox Gold Account

hi

is it possible to go to the epic games website and create an epic games account, login with that account on the site and then go into that account and then link that to one of the xbox accounts thats a child account? does the child account not have their
    own email address and password? if not then the only way i can think of is to change it so their accounts have their own email address and password so that it can be linked to an epic games account.
  3. enigmagainst Win User

Incognito mode doesn't solve this. The issue seems to be that the process for connecting epic account to xbox requires logging into a microsoft account, BUT there is no microsoft login for a child account on xbox.

If the login flow added a step that allowed a parent to choose which one of their family xbox usernames to connect to epic, this would solve the issue.
  4. Unknowngamer1st Win User

if you already linked an account to your epic games they only allow 1 microsoft account to be linked. if you know the info the the account that has been linked relink it and you can use that as an account or contact epic games about this issue.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello enigmagainst,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming
    enigmagainst!
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Thema:

1. Epic Games link to child's account - Similar Threads - Epic Games link

2. i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do...: i want to link a xbox account but using a different email to what my epic game is can i do that? e8ce0939-2d4f-4fb2-8053-513825fb040a
  3. How do I know which epic games account is linked to my Fortnite account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I know which epic games account is linked to my Fortnite account?: I'm trying to link my fortnite account to my new ps5 and I can't find which account is linked to my fortnite account on my xbox. It's the same way for Rocket League. I accidentally made a whole...
  4. how to link my xbox to my epic games account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how to link my xbox to my epic games account?: i’ve been trying to redeem a vbucks gift card onto my xbox ( the device i use to play fortnite ) however epic games says i’ve only linked my pc and mobile to my epic games account. when i try to...
  5. Can't link Xbox and Epic Games account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't link Xbox and Epic Games account: I can't get my Epic Games account to connect to my Xbox account. I've tried every route possible, even removing the permissions from my Microsoft account and trying to relink/grant them. It still...
  6. Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with linking my xbox account to epic games, I have been looking everywhere but I...: "There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system, please contact support". This is the message that pops up when I try linking my xbox account to my epic account, I...
  7. Is there anyway to found out the email to my linked epic games account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway to found out the email to my linked epic games account?: My microsoft account is linked to an epic games account of mine but I have forgotten the epic username and the email I used to sign up for it. I don't want to reach out to epic support if I don't...
  8. Epic games says linked to another Xbox account. How do I retrieve this account as it is not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Epic games says linked to another Xbox account. How do I retrieve this account as it is not...: Hi, Trying to redeem Vbucks on epic games account, but epic says it’s linked to another account. How do we find what account this is linked to? 4c4e4e98-4cad-4fac-89ab-11f6a13233d8
  9. Random epics game account linked to my Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random epics game account linked to my Xbox: Hi I’m hoping for some advice as it’s taking quite a while for Epic games help to get back to me. My son plays Fortnite on the Xbox and has loads of skins etc. for Xmas I have got him a PC to play...
  10. I have lost my Fortnite account after linking it with Epic Games, and I don't know how to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have lost my Fortnite account after linking it with Epic Games, and I don't know how to...: What I believe has happened is that when I linked my account with Epic Games it had created a new account to replace my old account. I had tried to get my old account by unlinking from Epic Games...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epic games link childs xbox account