Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question

Discus and support Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I have original Xbox one, and I keep it on energy saving setting cause I do not play games very often. If I choose energy saving does it dim the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gamer73, Feb 17, 2022.

  1. Gamer73
    Gamer73 Guest

    Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question


    So I have original Xbox one, and I keep it on energy saving setting cause I do not play games very often. If I choose energy saving does it dim the picture when I do play games or does it effect the brightness in any way, or is it completely unrelated?

    Thanks

    :)
     
    Gamer73, Feb 17, 2022
    #1
  2. Nursemorph Win User

    Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question

    I don't know for sure as I do not own (nor have ever) an OG Xbox One. However, my guess the energy saving comes in 2 fronts:

    - The console shuts down completely, rather than the default standby mode, thus not using power when swtiched off. Also means it takes longer to start up when first powering it on.

    - The Dashboard will dim after a certain period of inactivity. My guess is energy saving mode will shorten that compared to the default so, for example, if the default is 5 minutes, then it may shorten it to 3.

    Beyond that, I can't imagine there is anything else the console does. Certainly they won't have included anything that affects game quality

    Edit:

    Seems Energy Saving Mode is just related to whether it shuts down the console fully or merely sleeps (much like the difference between putting a desktop computer into Hibernation versus fully shutting it down)...this article from 2015 explains it pretty well, including the cost benefit (which will likely be much higher these days due to the higher cost of electric):

    https://www.howtogeek.com/254402/how-much-does-the-xbox-ones-energy-saving-mode-really-save/
  3. YTgrzmot69 Win User

    Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question

    I don't think it affects your brightness in any kind of way, here are some details on the Energy-saving Mode: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/power/learn-about-power-modes
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

    Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question

    This is correct, the dimming of the screen is not for energy saving, it’s more for preventing image retention burnin. Energy saving is simply whether it hibernates, listen for fames that need installing or updating, or shuts off entirely.
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

    XBox one turns on by itself

    Hey there leogaboardi,

    That's an interesting problem for sure. Is your console in Instant On mode or Energy Saving mode? It's possible the console is downloading updates so it appears to be on. Is this an Xbox One S console or an original Xbox One console?
  6. XBF Leslie D Win User

    Xbox one power settings

    Hi WarZMakerZ,

    Thanks for reaching out to us today! To answer your question, It is normal for the USB port to still work even on energy saving mode. Having your console either on energy saving mode or Instant-on won't affect the functionality of the USB ports on the Xbox.

    For more information in regards to the Power settings on Xbox One check out this article:

    ' About energy-saving and instant-on power modes.'


    I hope this information is helpful.
Thema:

Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question

Loading...
  1. Energy Saving on Original Xbox one question - Similar Threads - Energy Saving Original

  2. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  3. Xbox serie a X, Power save setting not working

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox serie a X, Power save setting not working: My Xbox is enrolled in the Insider Beta channel. I’ve noticed that when I turn it off using the power button or by the shortcut from holding the button on the controller, the console no longer...
  4. Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: Home Improvements, Local Save Game Management, and Profile Badges: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists

    in XboX Insiders
    Available for XBOX Insiders: More Control Over Captures, Saves, and Wishlists: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. How to solve "Game saves offline" on Pc (after playing on Xbox)?

    in XboX Insiders
    How to solve "Game saves offline" on Pc (after playing on Xbox)?: I've been playing KCD 2 on my xbox and usually I can continue on the PC but tonight I noticed that my game did say "Game saves offline" on the PC. On the PC, it is pretty clear to see when the...
  7. XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider Update Adds More Personalization, Easier Social Discovery, and Energy-Saving...: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  8. Xbox one doesn’t want to shut down when I have it on Shutdown/Energy saving mode.

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one doesn’t want to shut down when I have it on Shutdown/Energy saving mode.: Xbox one doesn’t want to fully shut down on shutdown mode, been doing this for weeks since I installed an update for it. Tried everything to fix it, going in insider mode, factory reset it my...
  9. Xbox Series S energy mode and fan

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S energy mode and fan: Hello there, and thanks for your detailed (preferred)answers beforehand! I have several questions. The first question is: when the fan isn't working on a series s, do you recommend putting...
  10. Xbox One randomly turns on since energy saving update

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One randomly turns on since energy saving update: My Xbox One has started randomly turning on, when no one is near it to accidentally turn it on. It happens in the night when asleep, or when no one has been home, so I come home to find it on....