“Enable remote features” checkbox unchecks itself every time I exit the menu.

Discus and support “Enable remote features” checkbox unchecks itself every time I exit the menu. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to enable remote features on my Xbox Series X but whenever I check the “Enable remote features” checkbox and then exit the menu it unchecks... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wyksmo, Nov 25, 2022.

1. wyksmo
    wyksmo Guest

I am trying to enable remote features on my Xbox Series X but whenever I check the “Enable remote features” checkbox and then exit the menu it unchecks itself. I know this because I reentered the menu and found it unchecked. I am certain all my settings are in order so I am not quite sure what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I would also like to mention that my console keeps disappearing after I add it to the Xbox app on my iPhone. I can get through all the settings after adding an existing Xbox but right after it gives me the option to name my console, it gives me a “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” error code.

After this, the Xbox, which I named “****”, will appear as if it has connected normally, however if I close the Xbox app on my iPhone and reopen the **** will disappear.

I don’t know if it’s a glitch or a conflict in my settings but either way it is very peculiar.

:)

wyksmo, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Remote play setup

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly make sure that the "enable remote features" are also turned on. Please follow the steps below:

"Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.

Select the Enable remote features checkbox."

If it's already set up correctly, please disable it and then switch the power mode to "shutdown mode", after that perform a powercycle.

​​​

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

After that, re-enable the remote features by clicking the checkbox and then switch it back to "sleep mode". This will fix the issue.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Console remote play button missing on latest version of the xbox app

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.

- Select the Enable remote features checkbox.

- Under Power mode, select Instant-on.

- Then Restart your Console and try again.
  4. ChicTeacher06 Win User

xBox One TV Set-Up Communication Issues with Dish Network Network Box VIP612DVR

on mine it is Menu-Settings -Remote Manager - IR- Enable Universal Remote(IR)
  5. Nicolas LST Win User

Parent account doesn't show child exists, but child account shows parent account still.

I have downloaded the app, logged into the parent account, went to settings, clicked on the child account, and enabled Minecraft/multiplayer. But the multiplayer/realms are still disabled in the Minecraft main menu, as is the ability to turn off the profanity filter from the account settings on minecraft.net.

Is there any length of time I should expect before there is a change? Like a "changes may take up to 24 hours to process" type of thing?

I should mention I changed the settings on the Xbox family settings app from both the main menu where it shows the family, as well as the settings.

Edit:

I've done: Family tab > Member/Child account > Content Restrictions > Enabled every checkbox

as well as: Settings tab > Member/Child account > Manage Minecraft > Enabled every checkbox

Edit again: I do have to go to work so I probably won't respond for a while after this edit. I hope you have a great day. Until later!
  6. AtrociousOnPC Win User

My Xbox one isn't installing when off

**UPDATE** I just checked my settings again and this time in the power settings under the checkbox where it says turn on xbox with voice... there is another checkbox that says "Turn off storage when the xbox is off". Uncheck the storage box... not sure
    yet if it will have any effect on the issue but it's worth trying.
Thema:

1. “Enable remote features” checkbox unchecks itself every time I exit the menu. - Similar Threads - “Enable remote features”

2. XBOX Series X/S Remote Play Enable

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Series X/S Remote Play Enable: https://youtu.be/uOm31DDXGWk submitted by /u/Royal_Grand9160 [link] [comments]
  3. Can't Enable Remote Features on iOS Xbox App

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Enable Remote Features on iOS Xbox App: I click the icon in the upper right and choose existing console. It says to turn on the console and sign in with my gamer tag. I go to my console and power it on from standby and it logs into that...
  4. Can’t enable remote features due to xbox app not registering when I enable it on my Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t enable remote features due to xbox app not registering when I enable it on my Xbox: When I add an existing console the option to enable remote features comes up on my Xbox but when o enable it nothing happens on my Xbox app and the message “click enable on Xbox” stays on it. I’ve...
  5. Enable VR Headsets to use the power of the Xbox Series with remote play

in XboX Insiders
    Enable VR Headsets to use the power of the Xbox Series with remote play: I really like my Xbox and also my Oculus Quest 2. I believe that they would give a perfect pair. I would love to play Xbox games on my Oculus Quest2 on a big theater screen. Of course, I would...
  6. Xbox remote play stuck on enable

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox remote play stuck on enable: Im on iphone 11 latest ios and xbox series s with all updates for console/controller. It says press enable on your console to get connected and wont change. I have it enabled on the console and...
  7. remote play wont work and gets stuck on enable

in XboX Insiders
    remote play wont work and gets stuck on enable: i need to press the sign in when you first load nodern warfare and im using mnk but there isnt a way to press the ok under sign in and when i go to use the remote it gets stick on the enable part...
  8. Where is the option to enable remote installs

in XboX Insiders
    Where is the option to enable remote installs: Yo fellas, I'm trying to set up remote installs, and the game pass app said to go to settings>system>updates & downloads and enable it in there, but I don't have that menu, only an "updates" menu...
  9. Request: Enable the Gamepass PC remote installation method to use the "Preferred/default"...

in XboX Insiders
    Request: Enable the Gamepass PC remote installation method to use the "Preferred/default"...: In the GamePass apps, which allow remote install of titles, there is an issue with the default/preferred install location. Currently, on Xbox, when a remote install is requested, it installs...
  10. How adjust PC volume from 360 remote with TV support enabled?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How adjust PC volume from 360 remote with TV support enabled?: Hi, once the "Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote" has been enabled to operate a TV set (to turn the TV on/off etc.) the remote's volume buttons ALWAYS control the TV volume. How can I use the remote...