“Enable remote features” checkbox unchecks itself every time I exit the menu.

Discus and support “Enable remote features” checkbox unchecks itself every time I exit the menu. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to enable remote features on my Xbox Series X but whenever I check the “Enable remote features” checkbox and then exit the menu it unchecks... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by wyksmo, Nov 25, 2022.

1. wyksmo
    wyksmo Guest

I am trying to enable remote features on my Xbox Series X but whenever I check the “Enable remote features” checkbox and then exit the menu it unchecks itself. I know this because I reentered the menu and found it unchecked. I am certain all my settings are in order so I am not quite sure what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I would also like to mention that my console keeps disappearing after I add it to the Xbox app on my iPhone. I can get through all the settings after adding an existing Xbox but right after it gives me the option to name my console, it gives me a “Try again in a bit. Something went wrong.” error code.

After this, the Xbox, which I named “****”, will appear as if it has connected normally, however if I close the Xbox app on my iPhone and reopen the **** will disappear.

I don’t know if it’s a glitch or a conflict in my settings but either way it is very peculiar.

:)

wyksmo, Nov 25, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello wyksmo,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

I can see that you are having issues with you Xbox Remote Play feature. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, I would like to ask few questions about the issue:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does the issue appear when trying to do remote play with a different device?
    Based on the information you posted, here are methods we can perform to try and fix the issue.

Make sure your console is set to Sleep mode.

About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Power options.
    3. Select the Sleep option.
    Troubleshoot remote play gaming

Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot the APP

Troubleshoot issues in the Xbox mobile app | Xbox Support

1. Close the app.
    2. Restart your phone.
    3. Uninstall and reinstall. Press the app icon until you get the option to Remove App. Then reinstall the app from the App Store.
    After all the troubleshooting and if you are still having issues make sure that Remote Play is properly set up.

Try to go through the process again and repeat the set up.

How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

Additional troubleshooters that may help:

Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. CarTzy Win User

HEllo wyksmo,

Thank you for patiently waiting. I would like to know if the issue occurred after 16.0.1 or above? If Yes, please do submit a report to the Xbox team about this issue. Launch Xbox app, go to Settings and under Support & feedback choose Give feedback. Then select an option to share your feedback. Please do not provide personal information on the feedback. Please see images below for the steps. (Please be guided that the images taken is from an Android OS).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have a great day!
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello wyksmo,

That is good to hear. Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that were performed and that solved the issue. This will be helpful for the rest of the community members who may experience the same issues. I will inform our internal team about this as well.
  5. wyksmo Win User

Hey,

I was speaking to the Xbox Support Team on Twitter and they told me to reset my Xbox while keeping the games on it. I did that and it fixed the issue.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello wyksmo,

I appreciate your reply. As soon as I hear back from our internal staff, which I have already checked with, I will let you know.

Thank you.
Thema:

1. “Enable remote features” checkbox unchecks itself every time I exit the menu. - Similar Threads - “Enable remote features”

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  4. Even though my router says that IPv6 is enabled it doesn’t show up on my Xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Even though my router says that IPv6 is enabled it doesn’t show up on my Xbox series X: Even though my router says IVP6 is enabled. It doesn’t show up on my Xbox one X. 2a34072c-2e03-4be6-99fc-def4e1a04a68
  5. How to enable multiplayer option

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to enable multiplayer option: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 40398c6d-d68f-4bcc-bf34-84ee8265fa87
  6. How do I enable IPv6?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I enable IPv6?: Just need help figuring out how to enable IPv6 on my xbox series x. ffd2e5e1-0e0f-4f31-97dc-0c6859bf71a4
  7. my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my wifi adapter keep became hidden once i open some certain game and i cant enable it...: i was playing "the finals" and i immediately realize my wifi disappeared i try to troubleshoot it but it cant find my wireless network so it only try to fix my LAN adapter. i check my device...
  8. Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please how do I enable multiplayer on Minecraft: Please how can I enable multiplayer on Minecraft on mobile c7fe4724-4d29-4099-b72c-1d6c686b6565
  9. Can you enable a virtual controller while using remote play on mobile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you enable a virtual controller while using remote play on mobile?: Thanks for answer in advance. e615d3d2-e0bd-40d9-a5f9-14c384cc2254
  10. Remote play always asking to select enable on console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play always asking to select enable on console: i have set up my console numerous of times but evertime i go to remote play wether it be on my iphone, tablet, surface pro, gaming desktop, It always has the Next select enable on the console's...