Email for Xbox account cannot be changed. Has anybody had this issue?

Discus and support Email for Xbox account cannot be changed. Has anybody had this issue? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have tried to change a now invalid email on my Xbox account. I have followed all the instructions but I get a message stating email already in use.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JOHN K6, Jan 10, 2023.

1. JOHN K6
    JOHN K6 Guest

I have tried to change a now invalid email on my Xbox account. I have followed all the instructions but I get a message stating email already in use. Yes it is, by me. My Microsoft and Office 365 use my current email which I want to use on the Xbox account for purchases etc. Anyone got any ideas? I have tried the Microsoft tech support which was useless and it is not possible to talk to anybody online.

Also, I logged into my Xbox and found the current password to sign into the box was not recognised. Luckily I remembered the previous password which was accepted. Why did the Xbox revert to an earlier password?

:)

JOHN K6, Jan 10, 2023
  2. NICCID10 Win User

Locked out of Microsoft account & Xbox

My son has had the same thing happen to him. His account has been hacked in the early hours of the morning and he has woken to a series of changes on his account. His account email address has been changed ( so technically he has no account), passwords reset, family deleted and all his security changed. He cannot use the recover password as the email is no longer valid on the account. We cannot contact customer services either as its all fully automated and there is no option for our situation? Have you managed to get anywhere yet?
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring an Xbox live account to a different Microsoft account without deleting either of them

You can change and update the email address. If an email has been used on an account you cannot transfer to it.

change email address
  4. StoneSuicide Win User

email compromised

Microsoft has suspended my account. I know that my email has been compromised because of the hacker changed my security settings and i cannot do anything, when i go cover my account it says that my account/email dosent exist and i cannot recover it because
    the hacker changed my email security settings
  5. DropBear78 Win User

Anybody had this issue?

i let it sit for a while turned it back on and it is good now, i appreciate the help though

cheers
  6. gds1972 Win User

Anybody had this issue?

Hi

Can you please try what I have listed below fist just to try and eliminate other possible reasons.

1. Fully power down the console and remove the power supply for a minute

2. Make sure you have connected the console power feed directly into a wall outlet and not via any power bricks or surge protectors.

3. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable form both the console and television

4. Try an using an alternate HDMI cable and a different port on the television

5. If possible try connecting the console to an alternate television to see if the same thing still happens
Thema:

1. Email for Xbox account cannot be changed. Has anybody had this issue? - Similar Threads - Email account cannot

2. I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue.: I cannot access my Minecraft account since the email it is attached to has an issue. My father originally bought Minecraft for me back in 2015 and it has been on his email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...
  3. My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked, changed password email everything, i want it back cannot hget any...: do you guys know where can i talk to an actual human being about this? 4ced2614-785f-4639-b971-21eba2a4cd2d
  4. my xbox account has been hacked and i cannot login with my old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    my xbox account has been hacked and i cannot login with my old email: my email has been changed on xbox and i cant change it because it logged my other email out of the account. and i try to ask xbox support for help all i get is a virtual assitant that doesnt do...
  5. Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.: Hello, i'm chip and i'm in need of some help. Last night i tried to log into my account with my usual email, only for it to show "An account with the specified username could not be found. Try...
  6. My account has been hacked they changed my email and password and i cannot log in anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked they changed my email and password and i cannot log in anymore.: The email of the person that hacked me is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** 364ed496-8faa-4c23-a0db-437286d73d68
  7. My email account both exists and doesn't exist and because of that I cannot connect my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My email account both exists and doesn't exist and because of that I cannot connect my...: I am trying to link my ps4 to a Microsoft account for Minecraft and obviously it takes me to my phone for a website but whenever I try to use the email that is connected to my ps4 it says that it...
  8. I cannot find the email i migrated to my minecraft account need help.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot find the email i migrated to my minecraft account need help.: Is there a way I can find the email I used to migrate my minecraft account since I lost it? I checked the email of the minecraft account and it says does not own the game any help?...
  9. Cannot access account because I don’t remember my email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot access account because I don’t remember my email: Earlier today I did a hard reset on my console which deleted all my account info, one of my other accounts im trying to log into won’t let me in since I don’t remember my email. I can’t talk to...
  10. Cannot change email associated with my Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change email associated with my Xbox account: The current email associated with my Xbox account will become obsolete soon. I obviously don't want to lose almost 15 years' worth of achievements, my gamertag, and purchased games. I have a new...