Email address used for spend notifications

Discus and support Email address used for spend notifications in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi All, I know the email that I use to log onto all things Microsoft/XBOX etc but any spend notification for my child goes to an old email account and... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ARC2020, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ARC2020
    ARC2020 Guest

Hi All,

I know the email that I use to log onto all things Microsoft/XBOX etc but any spend notification for my child goes to an old email account and I cannot see where that email is stored so that I can update it. I don't want to change my regular log-in/authorisation
    email and that is all that I can seem to find help for or reference to on the account settings.

I seem to just be going round and round in circles!

Many thanks

ARC

:)

ARC2020, Oct 1, 2019
  2. ARC2020 Win User

Found it! Once you are in 'info' there is an address book section. It's an email that relates to billing only. Changed now - thanks for the assistance.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

You can have a main and a backup email associated with your Microsoft account, as well as multiple addresses such as one for billing and one for physical mailing for things you might order. One of your emails that is not your primary one but have been
    accidentally marked as the email preferred for correspondence with purchase alerts etc. You can go into your Account settings by clicking on your gamertag and gamerpic in the upper right corner of these forums and selecting My Microsoft Account, and can view
    and change the settings there.
  4. ARC2020 Win User

Have located the settings for me and my son but my problem is I cannot find any that link to the old email account which is where the emails are being sent. I have looked at contact preferences, security, spend, activity but I cannot locate the setting
    that indicates the old email account should be used for notifications for activity and spend. Thx
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

You can use your Xbox One console to find your child’s Microsoft account email address if either of these conditions apply:

• You can sign in to your own profile on the Xbox One (see Solution 1 below).
    • Your child has a saved profile on the Xbox One (see Solution 2 below).
    If neither of these solutions work for you, return to the previous step using
    Your Steps on the right side of this page. Then, select another method of finding your child’s Microsoft account email address.

Solution 1: Sign in to the Xbox One using your own profile

1. Sign in to your profile on the Xbox One console.
    2. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select Settings.
    5. Select Account.
    6. On the Account settings screen, select Family.
    7. Select your child’s profile.
    8. Select Add to this Xbox.

Note If your child’s profile is already saved on your Xbox One console, you will not see the option to add them. If this is the case, go to
      Solution 2 below.
    9. The next screen will show your child’s Microsoft account. If you know your child’s password, enter it now to complete the sign in process. (If you need help with a forgotten password, select
      Continue below.)
    Solution 2: Sign in to the Xbox One using your child’s saved profile

1. Sign in to your child’s saved profile on the Xbox One.
    2. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    3. Select System.
    4. Select All settings.
    5. Select Account.
    6. On the Account settings screen, select Sign-in, security & passkey.
    7. On the Sign-in, security & passkey screen you will see your child’s email address displayed. This is the email address your child uses to sign into their Microsoft account.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey ARC2020,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If
    anyone needs assistance with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. Email address used for spend notifications - Similar Threads - Email address used

2. My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son has somehow created a new xbox account using the same email address so lost all of...: I don't know what he has done or how he has done it but he had an xbox account. He is now logged in with the same email but different gamer tag snd none of his previous info is linked. So no...
  3. Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?: My son has managed to sign out of his minecraft account and I can't remember which email address I used to set up the Microsoft account linked to it... I've tried all the email addresses I can...
  4. Minecraft login can not use my new email address(account)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft login can not use my new email address(account): I bought minecraft for a new microsoft account,but when I tried to login(tap on the botton"login with microsoft",it automaticly inputs the old one and asked for password,with no buttons for...
  5. Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address: My email address as a parent ( Orginizer) , is associated with my son gamertag. This is an issue , since I can not control time limit for him under this gamer tag. I need help changing / replacing...
  6. My home computer is using an old email address that is also linked to my xbox. I want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My home computer is using an old email address that is also linked to my xbox. I want to...: My home computer is linked to my old email address. I want my family to still use that old email login to sign into the home computer but I want my xbox to be separate from that old email and to...
  7. How do I see which email address/microsoft account my daughter is using to play minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I see which email address/microsoft account my daughter is using to play minecraft...: Hello! When I bought the Amazon Fire Tablet, I got a free copy of Minecraft and it's tied to my Amazon account. My daughter plays Minecraft on my Amazon profile in the Kindle Fire. When I look...
  8. Report and Resolve XBOX user that is illegally using my email address.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Report and Resolve XBOX user that is illegally using my email address.: I have been receiving emails from XBOX (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) using my email address for user "GoldHoney363881"but I do not own an XBOX or have an XBOX...
  9. Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.: My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games purchased on there. To cut a long story short,...
  10. Use new Outlook email address to sign into Xbox profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Use new Outlook email address to sign into Xbox profile: I created a new email address and it is perfect. I want to use it to sign into my existing Xbox profile, but it isn't letting me. I go to add it as an alaias and it says that email is already in...