Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth

Discus and support Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey guys, been struggling with this problem for a while now, I was wondering if anyone can solve this because I haven't been able to find any solution... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ForeverIndecised, Jul 26, 2022.

1. Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth

Hey guys, been struggling with this problem for a while now, I was wondering if anyone can solve this because I haven't been able to find any solution yet.

My elite 2 controller works perfectly fine via bluetooth but when I use it wired, it does charge, but the pc doesn't recognize anything, anything at all. It's not even recognized as a generic usb device or anything.

About a month ago I tore down the controller to replace the lb button because the previous one was broken but I don't think that had any influence on this problem.

If the usb-c port was broken then it wouldn't charge at all, right? So why does my pc not recognize it at all?

submitted by /u/ForeverIndecised
    [link] [comments]

/u/ForeverIndecised, Jul 26, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is it possible to use the Xbox 360 controller with PC Minecraft?

The Xbox 360 controller, assuming you’re using wireless only charges via USB. You would need to get the now discontinued 360 wireless adapter

Any Xbox one controller will connect via USB, Bluetooth, or the Xbox wireless adapter. You need to use USB or the Xbox adapter for headset support
  3. Ezorith Win User

Greetings.

The Elite V1 does not support bluetooth. It can only connect to a computer using an Xbox Wireless USB Adapter stick, and that's what the sync button on the controller is for. You can however still use the controller via USB cable.
  4. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
  5. Niikoe Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

I'm running into this issue too. I can pair my series 2 controller with my PC via bluetooth and it works fine. However, as soon as I use the usb cable and plug it into my PC, like if I wanted to charge it while playing, it works fine. Unfortunately if I
    then unplug from the USB cable, the controller no longer pairs via Bluetooth. I have to forget the device in Windows bluetooth settings, then re-pair it like it's the first time I've ever done it.

It's like by connecting via USB resets the controllers memory of connecting via bluetooth or something. Quite annoying.

I also agree, we should be able to configure the controller wirelessly somehow. Whether it be via some new dongle thing or preferably via bluetooth.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

You would need the 360 wireless adapter. or a wired usb controller

The charging cable is for power only and will not work to connect via USB
Thema:

Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth

1. Elite Wireless 2 controller charges via usb but only works via bluetooth - Similar Threads - Elite Wireless controller

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  3. Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite wireless controller series 2 rubber grip coming loose: The right hand rubber grip has started to work loose from the controller, how do I get it repaired? Many thanks, David 8c725e43-a109-46f0-ba31-3889431b1181
  4. Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Elite Controller random input lag spikes.: I recently built a new pc and have gone from Windows 10 to Windows 11 in the process. I am using the same controller as I was on my old pc that worked perfectly, but this time after about a minute...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  6. XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller only turning on when cable plugged in: Hi, I recently got an Elite Series 2 controller and am super happy about it, but something is totally wrong unfortunately. 1. The controller will only switch on when I plug the USB C cable in,...
  7. Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Am I able to send in my Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 to Microsoft for them to fix?: My Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2's RB either doesn't work when I press it or has a delayed input, and my warranty has expired. So am I still able to send in the controller to Microsoft...
  8. XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller keeps disconnecting: Hello i recently got a brand new XBOX Elite Series 2 wireless controller to play games from the game pass on my pc wirelessly. But i was annoyed that my controller keeps disconnecting after 5min...
  9. Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requested Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 repair and did not get my item back: Sent my controller for repair and they only sent back the d pad and thumb sticks. I have no idea of the next steps or if I will be receiving my controller. Is any one able to assist?...
  10. I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a Xbox Elite Series Wireless Controller 2, my "A" button sticks when i press it: Hello everyone, i had purchased a Xbox Series Wireless Controller 2. It is still under warranty till 12/12/2023. Lately i have been facing an issues specifically with "A" button. Whenever i press...