Elite Series 2 warranty clock starts 3 months before purchase?

Discus and support Elite Series 2 warranty clock starts 3 months before purchase? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Folks, I'm having an issue w/ my new $170 controller. I purchased a brand new elite series 2 on December 22nd from Wal-Mart, w/ the intention of adding... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thomas5454, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Thomas5454
    Thomas5454 Guest

Folks, I'm having an issue w/ my new $170 controller. I purchased a brand new elite series 2 on December 22nd from Wal-Mart, w/ the intention of adding the microsoft complete warranty within 45 days (per MS policy)

When I called, the agent let me know the warranty start date was 3 months before I purchased the controller, starting on 9/22/21, and therefore I couldn't add the extended warranty. The controller was brand new, factory sealed directly from walmart (not a third party seller) and was never registered before.

Is it safe to assume Microsoft will not honor their warranty if purchased through Amazon or Wal-Mart? How could the warranty start date be 3 months before the purchase on a factory sealed controller? I'm trying to pay MS more money to add warranty, but they're saying I'm out of luck via customer service. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

:)

Thomas5454, Jan 28, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Kindly check out this support link on updating your console's warranty https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/updat....

Hope this helps
  3. DSh2 Win User

Controller left trigger sticking

I bought the Series X back in Feb. 2021 and I think the 3 month warranty has been passed (assuming it starts upon purchase). I have a "Microsoft Limited Warranty" that will expire on March 2022 but I'm not sure if that covers hardware. I did have a glimpse at the "out of warranty" repairs but did not see a controller listed except for the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 (I'm US territory).
  4. MartyVendetta27 Win User

Is there an updated shipping timeline?

I personally have purchased an Elite Series 2, can confirm that it will say pending until the day it sends. I spent about 3 weeks waiting for mine, and this was right before the crisis started.
  5. Frankalore the Merci Win User

Best xbox one controller?

I would recommend an Elite series 2 WITH A WARRANTY. The series 2 is a nice controller to own but has a history of breaking down at the worst times. If you get an extended warranty it will make the purchase worth it.
  6. under_scored Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 Warranty

Unfortunately, your warranty period expired in February. For Elite Controllers, it's 12 months in the UK and 90 days in the US (unless purchased in an Elite bundle, which is 12 months). If you attempted the RMA process prior to the warranty expiring, customer
    support might make an exception.

Personally, I would keep contacting support regardless of the warranty period expiring, as Microsoft knows these controllers are defective. In the US, there was an unofficial program offering a one-time free replacement to Series 1 owners.

For anyone else reading this response in the future:

Never buy Xbox Elite Controllers, including Series 2. They are overpriced and faulty.
Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 warranty clock starts 3 months before purchase? - Similar Threads - Elite Series warranty

2. Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 - 1 year Warranty in EU: Greetings, I bought a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller last week and just finished registering the device in my Microsoft account. The warranty lasts until March 2025. I live in the EU, but...
  3. Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty issue.: Xbox Elite series 2 controller warranty only gave me seven months instead of a year. Bought on the 20/12/23 from Argos registered warranty on 29/12/23. When I registered it today It says the...
  4. Elite series 2 controller extended warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite series 2 controller extended warranty: I purchased an elite series 2 core with an extended 3 year warranty but it says I only have 90 days warranty and not 3 years 8517097c-677a-4db9-940e-9be1816e1494
  5. REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    REAL HUMAN NEEDED FOR WARRANTY (XBONE S ELITE SERIES 2 CORE): [img] [img] AFTER 2 ATTEMPTS TO FILL OUT A WARRANTY, FOR A LITERAL BRAND NEW CONTROLLER ( XBOX ELITE SERIES 2 CORE), TWO St*PID ERROR CODES [PICTURED ABOVE] WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET JUST HUMAN...
  6. trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to use my extended 3 year warranty to replace a faulty elite series 2 which was a...: Hello, my original order was an Xbox elite series 2 controller. I then returned it because the controller developed issues using my extended three year warranty. I received a new unit after some...
  7. I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite series Controller warranty period,...: I want someone at Xbox support please to update my Elite Series Core 2 Controller warranty period, as it is incorrect and I haven’t gotten my full year since registering it. In South Africa the...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Warranty claim issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Warranty claim issues: I tried putting in a warranty claim, as my rubber grips have started to come off completely and I am met with: "There are no service options available, for further assistance contact us." So I...
  9. Elite Series 2 warranty

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 warranty: Hi I recently replaced the front panel to the Elite Series 2 . I have not done anything else to it. Is the warranty still valid ? 0f62c8b7-3392-4fbf-be80-adf6fb6d2e66
  10. Elite series 2 extended warranty transferable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite series 2 extended warranty transferable: If I sell my elite series 2 is the extended warranty transferable? 5aade179-3014-4617-adef-4cfa3d0a9a8f