Elite series 2 profiles stuck on a buttton

Discus and support Elite series 2 profiles stuck on a buttton in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; my body friends had this controller for a couple years (recently got back into xbox, and my controller wasn’t cutting it anymore) , besides the sticky... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Elisa Sanchez1, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Elite series 2 profiles stuck on a buttton

my body friends had this controller for a couple years (recently got back into xbox, and my controller wasn’t cutting it anymore) , besides the sticky buttons i’ve fixed. no issue. but tonight i was playing on my profile when the A button got stuck without me actually pressing it. it shows on all the profiles, except default. i’m not sure what to do, i’ve scoured the internet for answers but haven’t found anything helpful. i’d appreciate anything, as to it’s not my controller and i’d rather not have to buy another over priced controller that’ll break again since elites tend to have those issues.

:)

Elisa Sanchez1, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Christian Quinto Win User

Hey Elisa!

Nice to meet you! My name is Christian, an independent advisor. I'm here to help you out.

I just want to clarify, are you able to navigate through the console dashboard using the controller?

If yes, try to update your controller's firmware using a micro-USB cable:

If you have one, plug the stereo headset adapter into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updates.

If you're using a stereo headset adapter, plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).

Plug the included USB cable into your Xbox’s USB port.

For Xbox Series X, the port is on the front right below the Pair button . For Xbox Series S, the port is on the front left next to the Pair button .

For Xbox One X and Xbox One S, the USB port is on the front under the Power button.

For original Xbox One, the port is on the left side of the console, around the corner from the disc tray.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.

Instructions to install the update should automatically appear. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. The process can take up to 3 minutes.

If instructions to install the update don’t automatically appear, you can start the process manually. To do this, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, choose Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.

If that didn't work, you can request for a free controller replacement order by signing your account and registering your controller serial number then follow the instructions here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Christian.
  3. mehly Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

I have exactly the same issue with the new Series 2 controllers. I ordered the Electronic Volt version, but had to refund it because of the mentioned problem. Then I ordered the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, thinking a 150€ controller sure can't have these problems, but I was wrong.

So here I am, stuck my old Elite Series 1 controller that still works after several years, but starts to show wear, and I can't upgrade to Series 2 without winning the series-2-build-quality-lottery.
  4. XBF Felixx P Win User

Series 2 Elite Controllers in other Countries?

5. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
  6. CCN_HsK Win User

Elite Series 2 starting to break at unprecedented rate

your elite series 2 need repair...

about elite series 2, I think this has more problem....

I have 2 elite series 2, my rubber knobs on the hair trigger locks came off too.

And My 'A' button is very bad..
Thema:

1. Elite series 2 profiles stuck on a buttton - Similar Threads - Elite series profiles

2. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my specific dead zone settings on my elite series 2 not registering in game it’s...: It’s acting as if it isn’t recognizing my specific settings which is weird because sometimes it does and other times it doesn’t and it just started happening after I synced it to a series x...
  5. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  7. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  8. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  9. Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft elite series 2 replacement used with issues out of the box: Why spend 90 bucks for a used controller that wasn't inspected. Just received it today. Left stick sticks when going right. And the audio port is dead. Had to clean the controller covered in...
  10. So my elite series 2 controller without any of the profiles activated works fine. However,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So my elite series 2 controller without any of the profiles activated works fine. However,...: So my elite series 2 controller without any of the profiles activated works fine. However, whenever on my first profile, it thinks I'm always holding down the paddle assigned to my "A button"....