Elite series 2 controller won't let me separate game sounds from my chat headset.

Discus and support Elite series 2 controller won't let me separate game sounds from my chat headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It works fine on a regular controller. I use my headset strictly for chat and game volume goes to the sound bar. This is very annoying for such an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rob fried, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Rob fried
    Rob fried Guest

Elite series 2 controller won't let me separate game sounds from my chat headset.

It works fine on a regular controller. I use my headset strictly for chat and game volume goes to the sound bar. This is very annoying for such an expensive controller. I have went through ALL audio options in game and xbox settings. I'm playing warzone 2 and modern warfare 2. Like I said it works fine on the regular controller...

:)

Rob fried, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Rob fried

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Hello Rob fried

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue separating the game sound from your chat headset. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• What is the make and model of your headset?
    • You mentioned that it works fine to your regular controller, are you referring to Xbox one controller? if not please provide the make and model as well.
    • Is there a volume setting in your headset?
    • Have you tried to use it on PC or other Xbox device? to check if it has the same behavior.
    I would like to give you more information about this problem. However, we may first have to wait for the above response to ensure that we understand your concern correctly and that we can provide the necessary information.

We look forward to your next response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

Series 2 Elite Controller

I had this issue with other controllers, not the elite series 2. It happened with me when using rechargeable batteries with a headset pulling power from the controller. It would do it when the controller would vibrate. Almost like to much amperage was
    being pulled from the controller. I ended up getting a different headset that didn't depend on game sound from the controller. (Optical headset) so only the chat channel runs through the controller. I havent had the issue since. With the rechargeable batteries
    and with it only being 2 batteries I really felt as my batteries aged the amperage wasnt enough to be able to run everything and the controller would just shut down.
  5. DCXI Win User

Xbox One Elite Controller - Headset Sound Flipped

Thanks for the response. Let me clarify, my standard controller is the one that I dropped and it won't pick up sound through a mic. The elite Controller I didn't drop but the sound is inverted through a headset. At this point I'm just trying to get either
    of them to work.

To answer your questions:

1) Yes I have tried with multiple controllers which unfortunately have their own problems, but the elite is the only one with inverted sound.

2) I have tried another headset and it still inverts the sound intermittently.

3) For the elite I'm testing the sound using a youtube video for testing stereo speakers. For the standard I'm testing in party chat and it doesn't recognise that I'm speakng.

I have also just replaced the 3.5mm female jack in the elite but it has made no difference.

I tried that link you provided but my controller is out of warranty.

Thanks for the help.
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Need help choosing the right Headsets.

USB headsets won't work. Unless they are simply powered by USB and use optical for the sound.

If you want fully wireless, there are currently only 2 options, the Stealth 500X and the Elite 800X, both from Turtle beach. If you want surround sound, those two also provide that along with the ASTRO A40's with a Mixamp or the ASTRO A50's. Both the ASTRO's
    will need to be tethered to the controller for chat.

There are then many options if you're not too fussed about having surround or wireless. Anything that includes some kind of Xbox One Stereo headset adapter will be fine. Anything with a stereo headset adapter will also allow you to chat as well as hear game
    sounds. They have a control that balances between chat and game.
Thema:

1. Elite series 2 controller won't let me separate game sounds from my chat headset. - Similar Threads - Elite series controller

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  8. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  9. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...