Elite Series 2 Controller unresponsive face buttons -- defective controller or design flaw?

Discus and support Elite Series 2 Controller unresponsive face buttons -- defective controller or design flaw? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently purchased a refurb'ed Elite Controller from BestBuy for my PC; I really liked it overall but started to notice that it wouldn't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by metsfan1025, Feb 26, 2020.

1. metsfan1025
    metsfan1025 Guest

Elite Series 2 Controller unresponsive face buttons -- defective controller or design flaw?

Hello all,

I recently purchased a refurb'ed Elite Controller from BestBuy for my PC; I really liked it overall but started to notice that it wouldn't always register when I pressed the face (ABXY) buttons, especially the 'A' button. I tested the inputs on the Accessories
    app and confirmed--it seems like if you press the button at an angle, it doesn't register, even if the button seems to have traveled all the way down.

I tested the inputs on a Dualshock 4 and a normal Xbox one controller for comparison and both seem way more "generous" in terms of what counts as a button press--as soon as the button travels all the way down, it registers, no matter how its pressed. I will
    still say the Elite Controller works the majority of the time, just enough misses to annoy me, especially given the controller's price tag.

I searched online and noticed a few other people had a similar issue; however, many have reported they exchanged the controller multiple times and still have the issue. This got me wondering if I actually received a defective product or if its just a design
    flaw that myself and a few others are more sensitive too. I reported my first controller as defective and am waiting on a new one but don't want to keep exchanging them if they're functional devices with a design flaw.

So I was just wondering--has anyone else noticed this? Did anyone else have this issue and resolve it with a new controller? Any help / advice is appreciated--thanks!

:)

metsfan1025, Feb 26, 2020
  2. XBA_Hype Win User

some controllers had a design flaw and xbox released a statement saying so, if its in warranty they will replace it but you need to contact Xbox support. -> Xbox Support Contact-Us
  3. Kalmarn Win User

Mine has been fine so far so maybe people have been unlucky getting multiple replacements from the same bad batch.

I wont buy used gaming tech again after buying a faulty used Xbox One X and having to return it.
  4. metsfan1025 Win User

Mine has been fine so far so maybe people have been unlucky getting multiple replacements from the same bad batch.

I wont buy used gaming tech again after buying a faulty used Xbox One X and having to return it.
    Yeah I am worried that any used ones are the ones people reject so I could easily just keep getting bad batch ones; Bestbuy only had refurb's in stock though and I had a gift card to use.
  5. BiohazardBR Win User

Hello all,

I recently purchased a refurb'ed Elite Controller from BestBuy for my PC; I really liked it overall but started to notice that it wouldn't always register when I pressed the face (ABXY) buttons, especially the 'A' button. I tested the inputs on the Accessories
    app and confirmed--it seems like if you press the button at an angle, it doesn't register, even if the button seems to have traveled all the way down.

I tested the inputs on a Dualshock 4 and a normal Xbox one controller for comparison and both seem way more "generous" in terms of what counts as a button press--as soon as the button travels all the way down, it registers, no matter how its pressed. I will
    still say the Elite Controller works the majority of the time, just enough misses to annoy me, especially given the controller's price tag.

I searched online and noticed a few other people had a similar issue; however, many have reported they exchanged the controller multiple times and still have the issue. This got me wondering if I actually received a defective product or if its just a design
    flaw that myself and a few others are more sensitive too. I reported my first controller as defective and am waiting on a new one but don't want to keep exchanging them if they're functional devices with a design flaw.

So I was just wondering--has anyone else noticed this? Did anyone else have this issue and resolve it with a new controller? Any help / advice is appreciated--thanks!
    Hi there, sorry about that, microsoft made another mistake with xbox elite 2. The controller has alot of problems and everybody is facing it. The first elite controller was a mess and this one too.
  6. Zentr0Gaming Win User

Most xbox one elite controllers (1 and 2) tend to become disfunctional after awhile, especially if you swap parts frequently. Which is why I think they don’t last as long as normal controllers.
Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 Controller unresponsive face buttons -- defective controller or design flaw? - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  7. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  8. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  9. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...