Elite series 2 controller RB is not responsive on Wi-Fi or usb lead

Discus and support Elite series 2 controller RB is not responsive on Wi-Fi or usb lead in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Elite controller series 2 , purchased Sept. 2021, RB not responding responding, Wi-Fi or usb. 1d7588f8-8071-4ff6-9670-6f733822294f Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Edward FORD1, Mar 11, 2023.

1. Edward FORD1
    Edward FORD1 Guest

Elite controller series 2 , purchased Sept. 2021, RB not responding responding, Wi-Fi or usb.

:)

Edward FORD1, Mar 11, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Can you please check if there is an update for your controller? To do so, please follow the steps below:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."

If there is no update please perform a powercycle on your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox controller button for 10 seconds.
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Questions about the wireless usb receivers for Xbox Controllers.

I use the smaller gen 2 adapter and works for Xbox one original controllers and series controllers perfectly, just make sure you don't use via a usb hub as that is when it will be patchy. the dongle does not use Bluetooth but Microsoft Wi-Fi that they use in the consoles for controller connectivity.
  4. RonaldPires Win User

Xbox controllers for windows 10

Please bear with me, I know I appear needy and am I clueless regarding my issue but I need to understand.

So I have a couple 3 observations and questions

1. All new Xbox 1 controllers are compatible with wireless Bluetooth, wireless Wi-Fi and USB cables.

2. If I want a Wi-Fi adapter, I must purchase separately from the controller and install.

3. All new Xbox 1 controllers say Bluetooth. (results of recent search of MS store all controller details said "Bluetooth")

4. Internet search says
    Bluetooth has shorter range and has slower throughput than WI-FI.

1. Does that mean all new Xbox 1 controllers have a Bluetooth adapter in the box?

2. If a PC is Bluetooth and WI-FI ready does one still need to purchase the adapters?

1. My OS and motherboard are WI-FI and Bluetooth ready I have a WI-FI router, (only personal PC and laptop are hardwired to it, only wife's phone uses the WI-FI connection). would I still need to purchase a WI-FI or Bluetooth adapter
    for the controller?

2. Would
    there be a conflict having both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi active?

I hope this doesn't double post for some reason my 1st attemp froze
  5. D4vid 360 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

I would say yes. A lot of elite controllers (series 1 and 2) have several manifacturing problems, the most common are RB/LB malfunctioning and sticks.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working with Xbox Cloud Gaming.

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

This controller does not support xCloud. These are the controllers you can use.

Official Xbox controllers

Xbox Wireless Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 1 (USB connection only)

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 (Bluetooth or USB connection)

Xbox Adaptive Controller (Bluetooth or USB connection)
Thema:

1. Elite series 2 controller RB is not responsive on Wi-Fi or usb lead - Similar Threads - Elite series controller

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  5. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  6. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  7. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  8. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  9. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  10. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...