Elite Series 2 Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Discus and support Elite Series 2 Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I swear, I always have the most random problems. Anyway, I have a Elite Series 2 controller and it's been working fine for quite some time. Today I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by IT Elite TI, Jan 6, 2023.

1. IT Elite TI
    IT Elite TI Guest

I swear, I always have the most random problems.

Anyway, I have a Elite Series 2 controller and it's been working fine for quite some time. Today I started to play the game and the controller kept disconnecting and reconnecting. I re-paired the controller thinking maybe it was a strange bug. It continued to do it, so I did a Google search and it said update the controller. Upon doing so, halfway through it disconnected and the update failed. I tried again and got the same thing. It then prompted me too use the USB to update it. Well jokes on me, for some reason my port on my controller doesn't work for some reason, it was working halfway a minute ago when I tried to connect the controller but now that I'm trying to update it, it won't work. The controller keeps disconnecting faster and faster but now it won't reconnect unless I turn the controller off and on or use the sync button on the console. Any ideas as to what to do? I swear I have the worst luck :/

:)

IT Elite TI, Jan 6, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello IT Elite TI,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
  4. IT Elite TI Win User

I was able to get it fixed, I just had to hold the cable in a very precise spot for 5 minutes đź‘Ť
  5. bpipal Win User

Microsoft Elite Controller 2 disconnects from XBOX One X intermittently

This did not work, I also noticed that if I shut off the XBOX One X it disconnects this controller and I have to reconnect it on startup. This does not happen with my other controllers just the Elite series 2 one.. I'll request a replacement
  6. Shinonc Win User

Elite Controller 2 Bluetooth issues

Having similar Issues. My Elite series 2 controller works fine for about an hour or so, then will disconnect. Half the time it will auto reconnect after 2 or 3 seconds, the other half it will not reconnect at all and I have to manually turn off the controller
    and turn it back on for it to reconnect. Each time it does disconnect the frame rate of the game plummets for a few seconds. Then after some time passes, roughly an hour give or take, the issue will repeat for the entire gaming session.

My windows 10 is up to date as of this posting at build 1909 and my Elite series 2 controller is updated as well.

The support article for troubleshooting bluetooth issues on windows 10 does not help with the issue.

I have never connected the Elite series 2 controller to my Xbox One S, I bought it solely for PC gaming.

Forgot to mention, I am connecting via bluetooth. I do not have a wireless adapter nor do I want to connect using a usb cable.
Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with right joystick on elite series 2 controller: Pressing the right joy stick down turns the controller off and the controller will not turn back on until it is plugged in, controller does not register up or down movement on the right joystick...
  3. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm completely unsatisfied with this overpriced Elite Series 2 controller - Left stick is...: I have to say that I thought the idea of paying over $100 for a controller was absurd, but by the time I got it the thing cost me nearly $170 and after 2 weeks of use the left stick is "jammed" I...
  6. Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Issues?: Right i know the question is bland but when using the feature where you can set your paddles as say WASD is anyone else having the issue of the paddles pretending to be broken even though when you...
  7. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  8. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  9. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...