Elite Series 2 Controller - Drift issues on day one and con't.

Discus and support Elite Series 2 Controller - Drift issues on day one and con't. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, When purchasing this infamous controller I had already placed my expectations to the lowest. I have one friend who has already been through... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JarrettDewey, Feb 17, 2021.

1. JarrettDewey
    JarrettDewey Guest

Hello,

When purchasing this infamous controller I had already placed my expectations to the lowest. I have one friend who has already been through six controllers, a nephew who has been through three, and countless others cycling through your defective Elite Series 2 Controllers.

My current issue started when I first used the controller, freshly opened from the box. I experienced controller drift on the right thumb stick. After only initiating three simple actions of left, up and right is when the drift occurred. Furthermore, after having slight usage of the controller. I noticed a pattern of drifting extending to all titles and apps usages. For what I can summarize, on average, the right thumb stick prefers to drift after approximately 5-10 actions. This should not happen with an "Elite" product.

I was also aware, when first purchasing this item, there is a potential class-action lawsuit on this device in the United States. When reviewing it, I fully agree with all claims made against this controller. There is history and proof that these controllers are not worth the $179.00 CAD online price. (Or, for some of us, Wal-Mart has it priced greater than $200.00 CAD).

Finally, we know Microsoft is aware of the problem by them extending the warranty of the product. However, after seeing frustrated reviews on the warranty process. (And, maybe having to spend even more just to get it fixed by Microsoft). I think I will pass and take the advice from other victims to simply return this controller to Wal-Mart. I will not buy this controller again until Microsoft can make amends and establish proper quality assurance.

On a personal note, I really wanted to try and love this controller. So please, listen to the complaints. And heck, go down to the factory and or store and try for yourself. The problems will present themselves and and you will be able to fix it. So, save your company the hassle and just do it, lol. Cause remember, your slogan is "empowering others" not to "forbid others".

Cheers.

:)

JarrettDewey, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Blueheart14 Win User

Elite controller stick drift

The problem is not just the on elite 2 controllers its a issue with all controllers that use the PDP program because i have 3 afterglow controllers that have problems with joy stick drift i also have 2 power A controllers that have problems with joy stick
    drift as well and my brother has an elite 2 series controller that also has the same problem
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Drift with Elite controllers

I have two original elite controllers and one pf the new elite 2 controllers that I got my son for Christmas. They all have drift issues with the left sticks. I hd thought it would be addressed with the new version, but I guess not. Please help
    make this right.
    Unfortunately, stick drift seems all too common in this current generation on Xbox, on PS4, and even on Switch. I wonder if it's because so many games use the sticks at buttons as well, which is leading to extra pressure being exerted? I've lost many controllers
    to stick drift, and looking at the forums and reddit, a lot of people are complaining about stick drift issues from day one with the Elite series 2. Fingers crossed that Xbox can address the issue for everybody affected by it.
  4. MattYoung87 Win User

My brand new controllers are drifting and I have no idea what's happening.

I'm going to roll with any new ones will drift unfortunately. Even the newest number 2 series 2 elite replacement i got day before warranty went out it drifted day 1 and nothing was done if the work order other than me paying. My daughters brand new blue colored controller drifted day 1 out of box. Firmware update helped then 2nd update said sike you thought and back to drift.
  5. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Xbox one elite controller series 2

I for one won't be buying this Elite Controller Series 2 day one, due to the high price point and questionable durability,

Having gone through 2 Elite Controllers myself, both not even lasting 10 months each, due to stick drift, rubber falling off and bumper buttons breaking,

For something that suppose to be more durable than the standard Controller, My standard Project Scorpio Edition Controller has lasted me almost 2 and half years without issues since my Last Elite Controller broke, So i'm currently put off of buying the new
    one,

So i would rather save my money and put it towards Project Scarlett,

However i'm hoping that the Elite Series 2 is included with Project Scarlett, if not, i may pick one up around the launch of Scarlett as the Scarlett is a day one buy for me.
  6. dobby220216 Win User

elite series 2 controller

I'm sorry to here that sadly I had my elite series 2 controller do the same thing, it started with the x button and then the bumpers, I noticed stick drift of both the sticks, sadly when I went to the store to exchange it for another one they had no
    elite series 2 controllers in stock, I switched to the Razer wolverine ultimate edition and so far its a great controller
Thema:

1. Elite Series 2 Controller - Drift issues on day one and con't. - Similar Threads - Elite Series Controller

2. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  3. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  4. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...
  5. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  6. controller elite series 2 barely working

in XBoX on Consoles
    controller elite series 2 barely working: my LB and RB stopped working ages ago and required a heavy amount of force so i switched to the back buttons which have been working, until most of my buttons stopped working fully execpt my RT,...
  7. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  8. How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my controller to work again? Xbox Elite Series 2: This past weekend, I was playing on my PC, as usual. Had no problems whatsoever throughout a 4 hour long session. At the end of my game session, I was noticing that my home button was unresponsive...
  9. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  10. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller keeps disconnecting when I press and hold any button: I recently bought an Elite Xbox Series 2 controller for my PC, and I ran into an issue where every time I press and hold (edit: any button), the controller would briefly disconnect (no input, xbox...