Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing

Discus and support Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; OK, so I got a second-hand Elite Series 1 that does not have any rubber issues so I guess the question is, what steps can I take to prevent this issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GoldAirplane, May 9, 2022.

1. GoldAirplane
    GoldAirplane Guest

OK, so I got a second-hand Elite Series 1 that does not have any rubber issues so I guess the question is, what steps can I take to prevent this issue in the first place?

so far I have added a silicone sleeve/cover and I try like hell not to grip it like i am strangling the mother in law!

my logic is that hot sweaty hands cause this issue in the first place and keeping it as cool as possible will help.

thoughts and experiences welcome

:)

GoldAirplane, May 9, 2022
  2. IKEVOI 71 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 problems

I have had both the elite controller and also the elite series 2.

Issues with both are quite bad considering the cost of the things. The elite series 2 controller has left stick wandering issues, the a button is sometimes non responsive, the bumpers sound really tacky and the rubber comes away from the plastic body where
    you grip.

I have gone through 3 elite series controllers (thankfully Game exchanged them each time) and am on the fourth now and it has the exact same issues as the other three, with the acception of the rubber coming away, not had it long enough for that.

To sum up, I am very unhappy with the controller, so much so I am at the moment using an elite series one that has had all the rubber removed, its a bit uncomfortable but this said controller has no other issues.

Hope this helped.
  3. darrenmonk Win User

Elite controller grip fix

I have 2 elite controllers myself and out of warranty but both controllers have the grips and underside of the rubber coming off .

Question the new xbox 1 elite controller 2s are coming out in november here in the Uk but what proof do i have that the rubber is not going to start peeling of theses because if i order 2 that's £320 when the rubber starts coming off which isn't good at
    all for the price i might as well be paying for 2 scuf controllers . Is xbox giving any of us elite 1 uses a discount for buying elite 2s ? because owning the elite 1s where the rubber comes of in less than 12 months is not good and puts me off buying the
    new ones when they do come out .
  4. xSIN1134x Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1 Grips Falling off

Try looking at these. I just had to replace my bumper and saw they sold these.

https://www.amazon.com/eXtremeRate-Rubberized-Replacement-Faceplates-Xbox-One/dp/B01M0Q0QI8/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3G4456W0HIFTH&dchild=1&keywords=xbox+elite+controller+rubber+replacement+grips&qid=1600820570&sprefix=xbox+elit+controller+ru%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyU0kyU0U5TElQTE05JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzI2MjIxMzZTUE1IMFE4Tkg0NCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjIxMjU0M0JEWkdONFpCUkVGNSZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
  5. Tormaz Win User

Xbox one white Elite controller

Hello!

If it's an elite controller it should have the rubber grip on the back of the controller body.
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

Elite controller

I had 2 elite controllers and sold them both because of this rubber thing coming out I was so triggered by this and decided to get rid of them... I wish in the future the do elite controllers without this rubber thing on the grips I will be glad that day!!
Thema:

1. Elite series 1 controller Rubber NOT failing - Similar Threads - Elite series controller

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...